Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: OTA's/Training Camp Discussion

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:13 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:54 pm from a tweet

Vrabel’s answers on Treylon Burks "indicate a lack of conditioning that would not be explained by asthma"
How in the Seven Hells does a rookie think that coming into camp out of shape could possibly be a good idea?
Seriously, this is a career where, in the position he plays, he could earn tens of millions of dollars or more and never have to work another day in his life after age 32+/-.

Huge red flags going up.
This was a red flag prior to the NFL draft. I'm glad I didn't take this guy any where. I put him on my avoid list after some digging into him. He was too costly for the risk IMO.
Sounds like the Rashaad Penny of WR's

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:03 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:30 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm

How in the Seven Hells does a rookie think that coming into camp out of shape could possibly be a good idea?
Seriously, this is a career where, in the position he plays, he could earn tens of millions of dollars or more and never have to work another day in his life after age 32+/-.

Huge red flags going up.
This was a red flag prior to the NFL draft. I'm glad I didn't take this guy any where. I put him on my avoid list after some digging into him. He was too costly for the risk IMO.
I see quite a few people comparing the bad news to Chase last off season, and I find that comical.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:03 pm

I see quite a few people comparing the bad news to Chase last off season, and I find that comical.
Agreed, It felt like the "Chase cant catch" narrative kind of came out of nowhere towards the end of summer iirc. Then they went away pretty quickly after that
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:25 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:11 pm

Agreed, It felt like the "Chase cant catch" narrative kind of came out of nowhere towards the end of summer iirc. Then they went away pretty quickly after that
There was some other smoke with Chase for a brief minute but nothing ever came of it. Rumored domestic abuse or something I think? The drop stuff was always pretty silly

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:23 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:25 pm

There was some other smoke with Chase for a brief minute but nothing ever came of it. Rumored domestic abuse or something I think? The drop stuff was always pretty silly
ah yes, I forget about that. his girlfriend (or ex, idk) accused him of abuse at some point during the offseason. Either they were all BS, or he has an incredibly PR team/lawyers that shut it down quick
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:32 pm

Yeah, well my point is also drops aren't the same thing as health, especially when they weren't a thing in college, and also Chase put up historically great numbers as a sophomore, took a year off, and was still a top 5 pick. They aren't the same level of prospect.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:32 pm

Yeah, well my point is also drops aren't the same thing as health, especially when they weren't a thing in college, and also Chase put up historically great numbers as a sophomore, took a year off, and was still a top 5 pick. They aren't the same level of prospect.
I could just be remembering the bad ones, but were there ever any players with bad health (not injury) reports that turned out alright? I just keep thinking of Kelvin Benjamin and Lacy

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:47 pm

Obviously none of that is good news for Burks and maybe we should fade him slightly, but the whole Chase had issues talk is more just pointing out that we shouldn't overreact to camp news, it seems worse because Chase is an clearly better prospect so we can't compare them but how about Jefferson the year before playing as the 4th WR on the depth chart... I do hope people comparing Burks to Chase are mostly joking but the point does still stand.
I've moved Burks down from tied with London on my board to below him now, but I won't be moving him further down till close to the season and I'm prepared to take the risk in the mean time.
We can take it the other way and talk about how Edwards was looking like a combination of Moss and Adams during camp the other year hahaha

FYI another guy who was reported as not being the best trainer etc was Reagor so there is another to add to the negative side of lazy player news, wish I listened more to the smoke on that guy

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:35 pm

Vrabel’s answers on Treylon Burks "indicate a lack of conditioning that would not be explained by asthma"
This is very vague. What was said and do you have a link? I have a feeling if read in it's full context, this "tweet" is fake news.

I'm no Burks fan or expert in asthma, but football is not generally played in June, players don't generally prepare for months leading up to the draft, and players don't generally change environments. All of this easily could be attributing to his current asthma issues.
He is not the first player to have asthma and the Titans medical staff, presumably know what they are doing.
This is likely a small setback, let's see where he is at during training camp.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:10 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:35 pm

This is very vague. What was said and do you have a link? I have a feeling if read in it's full context, this "tweet" is fake news.

I'm no Burks fan or expert in asthma, but football is not generally played in June, players don't generally prepare for months leading up to the draft, and players don't generally change environments. All of this easily could be attributing to his current asthma issues.
He is not the first player to have asthma and the Titans medical staff, presumably know what they are doing.
This is likely a small setback, let's see where he is at during training camp.
here you go. it was just cliff notes from The Athletic.

https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/ ... 7905176576

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:02 am

Joe Rexrode believes Treylon Burks projects as the Titans' No. 3 receiver to start the season.

https://theathletic.com/3359612/2022/06 ... nfl-teams/

http://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/n ... um=twitter

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:41 am

zeeshan2 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:02 am Joe Rexrode believes Treylon Burks projects as the Titans' No. 3 receiver to start the season.

Westbrook-Ikine OVER/UNDER 750 yards

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:52 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:41 am
zeeshan2 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:02 am Joe Rexrode believes Treylon Burks projects as the Titans' No. 3 receiver to start the season.

Westbrook-Ikine OVER/UNDER 750 yards
Under. AJB had 870 in 13 games. No way Westbrook even sniffs 700 yards. Woods and Burks will command more targets and the team will plow through with Henry.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:38 pm

Seems to me a big difference between drops(proven to hardly matter) and not having the desire to be in shape. Not comparable at all. And if it’s not desire/motivation issues it’s actually real health issues and that’s a problem as well. Dropping him to wr6 for this years rookies personally. Don’t like this vibe.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:42 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:38 pm Seems to me a big difference between drops(proven to hardly matter) and not having the desire to be in shape. Not comparable at all. And if it’s not desire/motivation issues it’s actually real health issues and that’s a problem as well. Dropping him to wr6 for this years rookies personally. Don’t like this vibe.
Me either. I'm glad he went before my 1.07 so I didn't have to make that call