Need a Fresh Set of Eyes

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Need a Fresh Set of Eyes

Postby Madadamus » Tue May 10, 2022 4:22 pm

Just looking for some general advice on team 1 in my sig. It's my favorite league but made some bad trades last year trying to get more win now acquiring Ridley and Thomas.

I generally like to build through youth and the draft. I just think my team is stale, used to be one of the better teams out there but haven't been able to hit on some rookies and big trades lately.

Any thoughts on my team and what kind of direction I should be heading? I haven't been as active this off-season so looking for some seasoned advice.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Need a Fresh Set of Eyes

Postby Gator Sens » Tue May 10, 2022 4:28 pm

Depending on how QBs are valued, moving Stafford for youth or a pick in 2023 may be an option and I would be shopping Barkley if anyone is buying for a good price. If you are looking more long term, Thomas, Evans and Waller are sells depending on return. I think your team is a playoff team but not an out and out contender, so unless you are looking for a middle of the pack team, shopping your aging assets would be priority number one for me. At least see what options are out there.

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:43 pm

I can see how Ridley and Thomas are not contributing when you were expecting them to help push your team over the top. At least we can hope that Thomas comes back to help you in 2022. I think you are closer to the contender end of the spectrum than the rebuilder and would keep pushing in that direction. I think you need to add another contributor RB, potentially someone like Edmonds, Gordon, D Harris, Stevenson range. Would also jettison the end-of-bench WR and TE (unless TEP) roster cloggers to be able to roster more injury-away RBs types (D'Ernest Johnson) as that's where you'll get more helpful lineup production.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue May 10, 2022 8:30 pm

I would like to see you take Christian Watson and maybe you can find a taker for CEH to maybe get a steadying WR like Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Amari Cooper, Mike Williams types. I could also see you moving something cheaper to acquire Thielen or the suspended Hopkins. I like your team and Aiyuk seems like the weakest link in your starting lineup. Otherwise, pedal down and try to win.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Postby Bulletproof » Tue May 10, 2022 8:31 pm

I feel like just go full rebuild and hold Burrow, Stafford, Swift, Dobbins, Higgins, B. Aiyuk, Watson, Dulich

Move everybody else for picks or youth and start by shopping Evans, Barkley, and Waller

I would hold Stafford because he could easily still be a QB1 by the time you’re ready to compete
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:14 pm

You’ll have to see how the season starts to decide which direction to go. If you’re looking good after 6 games and most are contributing in a reliable way, you should go for it because you have players.

That said, Dobbins will probably start slow due to recovery, Swift hasn’t shown capable of staying on the field yet, Ridley is out the year, and we don’t know how Thomas will return. If you decide to start the rebuild early, talk to contenders at the beginning and throughout the season about moving older players for picks in 2023. This may be easier said than done because of the hype surrounding that class already. You have a solid core of Burrow, Swift(?), Dobbins, and Higgins around which to build.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, B. Hall, D. Henry, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson, M. Sanders, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP
WR AJ Brown, J. Chase, C. Lamb, C. Ridley, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, B. Mayfield, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo
1.03, 2.03, 2.06, 3.05, 4.06

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed May 11, 2022 4:25 pm

Madadamus wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:22 pm Just looking for some general advice on team 1 in my sig. It's my favorite league but made some bad trades last year trying to get more win now acquiring Ridley and Thomas.

I generally like to build through youth and the draft. I just think my team is stale, used to be one of the better teams out there but haven't been able to hit on some rookies and big trades lately.

Any thoughts on my team and what kind of direction I should be heading? I haven't been as active this off-season so looking for some seasoned advice.

Burrow, Swift, Dobbins and Tee Higgins should be considered your core players to build around. Everybody else should be sold for draft picks. Get as much draft capital as possible. That being said..even your core players shouldnt be untouchable, IF some overpays for them considerably.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed May 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Needalife wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:30 pm I would like to see you take Christian Watson and maybe you can find a taker for CEH to maybe get a steadying WR like Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Amari Cooper, Mike Williams types. I could also see you moving something cheaper to acquire Thielen or the suspended Hopkins. I like your team and Aiyuk seems like the weakest link in your starting lineup. Otherwise, pedal down and try to win.
I agree with all this

I see no reason why you can’t be a top 4 team in your league.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)