2022 draft winners and losers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: 2022 draft winners and losers

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:00 pm Have think Lawrence lost. Did add a center not no help otherwise. He set up for complete failure with the pass catchers they have
They spent a fortune on receiving talent in the off season adding 2 WR's and a Pass catching TE plus they get Etienne back who caught like a 100 passes from him college. That coaching staff is way better than you think IMO. Lawrence will be legit this year.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:12 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:03 pm David Mills is a big winner imo (at least for now).

Could of course mean they are just waiting to make a move in the 2023 draft, but for now Mills has another shot to prove himself.
Agree but he proved he could play at a high level last season. Thought this team had a great draft. Nice to see a real GM work for a change in Houston.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun May 01, 2022 4:54 am

Ice wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 pm
dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:00 pm Have think Lawrence lost. Did add a center not no help otherwise. He set up for complete failure with the pass catchers they have
They spent a fortune on receiving talent in the off season adding 2 WR's and a Pass catching TE plus they get Etienne back who caught like a 100 passes from him college. That coaching staff is way better than you think IMO. Lawrence will be legit this year.
If Kirk doesn't step up they are hurting. Engram can't stay healthy and Zay is a poor receiver. Jury is out on ETN since we haven't seen him play yet. I hope your right about the coaching staff. But the free agent acquisitions are very questionable.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sun May 01, 2022 5:44 am

Aarow’s pointing up for Josh Palmer
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun May 01, 2022 5:53 am

I’m a 2022 draft loser. I have Michael Carter, Kadarius Toney, and Devonta Smith on one roster.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 01, 2022 5:56 am

dark_knite03 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:54 am
If Kirk doesn't step up they are hurting. Engram can't stay healthy and Zay is a poor receiver. Jury is out on ETN since we haven't seen him play yet. I hope your right about the coaching staff. But the free agent acquisitions are very questionable.
Why wouldn't Kirk step up? He is a tough cover, especially in the slot and gets to work with a very good coaching staff. Pederson is a SB winning coach and former QB. He has a solid history using motion with WR's. The QB coach former HC Mike McCoy worked with Kirk in his short stint in AZ. This isn't your mother's Jags. They have assembled a big boy coaching staff on both sides of the ball to compete in the NFL.

Kirk rocked it last year as the leading WR on the Cardinals and put up production to target numbers like the best players in the league. He had 16 20 plus yard plays and was a chain mover leading the team with 44 plays for first downs out his 77 receptions. He doesn't drop very many passes and can play the inside/outside game. He got a big contract because he played very well last year.

The Cards just traded away a 1st round pick to buy his replacement.

While I am not including you, the narrative Kirk can't play I hear from many is just silly.

The Jags still have a ways to go but I highly doubt they finish last again this season and there is a realistic chance they will be one of the most improved teams in the league this season.

This team made bold moves this off season in FA on both sides of the ball and in the draft.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:17 am

Ice wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:56 am
dark_knite03 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:54 am

Why wouldn't Kirk step up? He is a tough cover, especially in the slot and gets to work with a very good coaching staff. Pederson is a SB winning coach and former QB. He has a solid history using motion with WR's. The QB coach former HC Mike McCoy worked with Kirk in his short stint in AZ. This isn't your mother's Jags. They have assembled a big boy coaching staff on both sides of the ball to compete in the NFL.

Kirk rocked it last year as the leading WR on the Cardinals and put up production to target numbers like the best players in the league. He had 16 20 plus yard plays and was a chain mover leading the team with 44 plays for first downs out his 77 receptions. He doesn't drop very many passes and can play the inside/outside game. He got a big contract because he played very well last year.

The Cards just traded away a 1st round pick to buy his replacement.

While I am not including you, the narrative Kirk can't play I hear from many is just silly.

The Jags still have a ways to go but I highly doubt they finish last again this season and there is a realistic chance they will be one of the most improved teams in the league this season.

This team made bold moves this off season in FA on both sides of the ball and in the draft.
Agreed. Kirk is a good receiver. He is being unfairly judged by a lot of people because his contract is WAY bigger than his production to date warrants. I wish they had done more, but he is a clear upgrade.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:24 am

When hasn't Jacksonville spent a ton in the off-season? Over the last decade the Jets and the Jags have spent the most in free agency and gotten the least in return for it.

Most successful teams build through the draft. Overspending in FA and drafting for positional need is how bad franchises stay bad. I get they're converting to 3-4 defense and needed the LBs this year, spending a 1st on one last year, etc

But they're gonna regret passing on Aiden Hutchinson. Detroit is ecstatic right now.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun May 01, 2022 7:02 am

jared goff was a big winner.

last season he had scrubs at wr. none were even nfl reserve worthy. once a career wr3 arrived in reynolds his numbers were much better.

now he has chark, williams, st brown, reynolds and a much less covered hockenson.

will be a handy qb2 in superflex leagues.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:10 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:02 am jared goff was a big winner.

last season he had scrubs at wr. none were even nfl reserve worthy. once a career wr3 arrived in reynolds his numbers were much better.

now he has chark, williams, st brown, reynolds and a much less covered hockenson.

will be a handy qb2 in superflex leagues.
I still worry about his long term outlook though. I like the addition of Jameson, but his rise/breakout may have to wait until they get another QB. Ideally you have Goff as a QB3 imo. Though I'm sure there will be plenty of junk time throughout the season too

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 01, 2022 8:27 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:24 am
When hasn't Jacksonville spent a ton in the off-season? Over the last decade the Jets and the Jags have spent the most in free agency and gotten the least in return for it.

Most successful teams build through the draft. Overspending in FA and drafting for positional need is how bad franchises stay bad. I get they're converting to 3-4 defense and needed the LBs this year, spending a 1st on one last year, etc

But they're gonna regret passing on Aiden Hutchinson. Detroit is ecstatic right now.
Lots of ways to spend money these days. The philosophy of winning through the draft is changing big time. Last year the Pats spent over 288 million in FA to improve. The Rams won a SB and haven't had a 1st round pick forever, instead targeting FA's. The year prior the Bucs opened the vault and won a title bringing in a Ton of FA's.

Going back 10 years means zero to me given teams change direction often in the front office. This past off season the Jags made massive changes and brought in a staff that wants to accelerate the rebuild given they have a QB on the cheap for a few years.

No telling if they regret on passing on Adien for the more athletic Walker but I would have taken Aiden myself as a near can't miss prospect. That said, virtually everyone had Walker as a top 5 player and the best of the handful 1st round picks from GA.

IDP wise The best pass rusher IMO and top pick will easily be DE Kayvon Thibodeaux.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 01, 2022 9:58 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:53 am I’m a 2022 draft loser. I have Michael Carter, Kadarius Toney, and Devonta Smith on one roster.
Why, because of Wan'Dale? Disagree. Toney is bigger and more talented. A round 1 actual WR would have been bad for him. Wan'dale is this years version of Rondale Moore. He won't affect Toney IMO. Slayton will be gone next year, Shepard is getting on, and coming off an achilles. Toney, when healthy, should be the most targeted player in that offense. He's useful all over the field. Golladay is a limited player, for a specific area of the field.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun May 01, 2022 10:06 am

Ice wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:27 am
halfbaked88 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:24 am

No telling if they regret on passing on Adien for the more athletic Walker but I would have taken Aiden myself as a near can't miss prospect. That said, virtually everyone had Walker as a top 5 player and the best of the handful 1st round picks from GA.

IDP wise The best pass rusher IMO and top pick will easily be DE Kayvon Thibodeaux.
Personally I think Walker and Thibodeaux will both be busts. Talented and athletic no doubt but Walker didn't flash enough and is being drafted based on potential and Thibodeaux is rumoured to be hard to coach and a diva. I much prefer Hutchinson over both of them.

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sun May 01, 2022 2:04 pm

Rondale Moore took a hit.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sun May 01, 2022 2:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:58 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:53 am I’m a 2022 draft loser. I have Michael Carter, Kadarius Toney, and Devonta Smith on one roster.
Why, because of Wan'Dale? Disagree. Toney is bigger and more talented. A round 1 actual WR would have been bad for him. Wan'dale is this years version of Rondale Moore. He won't affect Toney IMO. Slayton will be gone next year, Shepard is getting on, and coming off an achilles. Toney, when healthy, should be the most targeted player in that offense. He's useful all over the field. Golladay is a limited player, for a specific area of the field.
I agree! Toney still needs to put a lot of work into this off-season though!
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson