Consensus 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Consensus 1.01?

Postby Sriracha » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:30 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:01 pm RB's who ran 4.40 or under and drafted within first 2 rounds;
Chris Johnson 195
CJ Spiller 196
MJD 207
Darren McFadden 210
Adrian Peterson 217
Jonathan Taylor 226
Saquon Barkley 233

4.41-4.45, also drafted within first 2 rounds;
LaMichael James 194
Reggie Bush 203
Ray Rice 203
Ryan Mathews 218

CEH better film than JT is just an opinion and a highly debatable one at that. I would say what made JT different than Hall is JT weighed in 10lbs more, which, is significant when you're running a 4.3x. I actually think Walker's best comp is Jamaal Charles, but he was drafted in the 3rd, but did run a 4.3x.
You're putting too much emphasis on the 40 time.

What makes JT and Hall elite prospects is their elite athletic measurable in combination with a rock solid production profile.

RBs with Sub 4.5 forty times, 30+ BMI, college target share above 10%:

Breece Hall
Travis Etienne
D'andre Swift
Jonathan Taylor
Cam Akers
Saquon Barkley
Rashaad Penny
Dalvin Cook
Joe Mixon
Ezekiel Elliot
Todd Gurley

That's the list.

And that doesn't even account for his sub 4.4 forty time, his insane burst metrics or his immaculate college production profile.

As for CEH vs JT's film... you can go back and check but almost every film heavy analyst had CEH ahead of him. Hard to say it's debatable when the consensus was so slanted against JT, here.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:48 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:30 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:01 pm RB's who ran 4.40 or under and drafted within first 2 rounds;
Chris Johnson 195
CJ Spiller 196
MJD 207
Darren McFadden 210
Adrian Peterson 217
Jonathan Taylor 226
Saquon Barkley 233

4.41-4.45, also drafted within first 2 rounds;
LaMichael James 194
Reggie Bush 203
Ray Rice 203
Ryan Mathews 218

CEH better film than JT is just an opinion and a highly debatable one at that. I would say what made JT different than Hall is JT weighed in 10lbs more, which, is significant when you're running a 4.3x. I actually think Walker's best comp is Jamaal Charles, but he was drafted in the 3rd, but did run a 4.3x.
You're putting too much emphasis on the 40 time.

What makes JT and Hall elite prospects is their elite athletic measurable in combination with a rock solid production profile.

RBs with Sub 4.5 forty times, 30+ BMI, college target share above 10%:

Breece Hall
Travis Etienne
D'andre Swift
Jonathan Taylor
Cam Akers
Saquon Barkley
Rashaad Penny
Dalvin Cook
Joe Mixon
Ezekiel Elliot
Todd Gurley

That's the list.

And that doesn't even account for his sub 4.4 forty time, his insane burst metrics or his immaculate college production profile.

As for CEH vs JT's film... you can go back and check but almost every film heavy analyst had CEH ahead of him. Hard to say it's debatable when the consensus was so slanted against JT, here.
uh wat. That's not even close to "the list" unless you are also sorting by draft capital somehow. Keep in mind, I have to update my data base with many more college target share numbers, but i also have;

Andre Brown
Jeremy McNichols
Marshawn Lynch
Antonio Gibson
Cedric Peerman
Nyheim Hines
Marcel Reece

I might even find some more after I update my database, and i'd have to double check the numbers above as i'm rushing out the door. I'm guessing you are getting these off twitter or some FF article and they're never going to have the correct data. Any "and that's the list" you see is never the actual full list.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:51 pm

True, it's definitely accounting for round 2 draft capital.

It's courtesy of Dynasty Football flock.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:02 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:51 pm True, it's probably accounting for round 2 draft capital.

It's courtesy of Dynasty Football flock.
Yeah that would be the only way it makes sense. Their use of a combination of BMI + 40 time is just a more convoluted way of factoring in speedscore. My RB report is done in a similar fashion.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:22 pm

I honestly look at RB rankings, and I have been told it's a hot take of sorts, but Breece at RB2 in Dynasty in the next week isn't that far fetched. If he gets a nice spot and draft capital, it's somewhat projection, but totally rational. He's a better prospect than Javonte, who currently holds that place for many. He's better than Najee IMO, and 3 years younger. 2 years younger than Swift, who has done little on the ground, and will see target decrease if Hock stays healthy and the Lions have a better WR combo than Perriman/Tyrell Williams in future years. If Willis goes there at 2, Swift's value is totally torpedoed. It may be a bit early, but it's not difficult to imagine Breece being RB2 next off season, behind JT, and there's even a chance at RB1 if he has a really good rookie year, and being 2 years younger than JT.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:22 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:07 pm Is no one raising a red flag that Walker is only measuring at 5'9"? Seems short for what should be a prime back.
MJD, Emmitt Smith, and the Great Barry Sanders have no idea what you are talking about. 8-)

I think the top 2 backs in this class will be very good pros and fantasy players. They are close to a coin flip IMO. I could see either one going 1.1 in rookie drafts. Personally, I would take Hall but it is really close.

Hall gets the better press so will go 1.1 the most but there is no sure bet as to which will end up being the better pro.
Last edited by Ice on Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:22 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:07 pm Is no one raising a red flag that Walker is only measuring at 5'9"? Seems short for what should be a prime back.
MJD, Emmitt Smith, and the Great Barry Sanders have no idea what you are talking about. 8-)
Who? :lol:

Respect to the bold. Barry was truly special.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:24 pm

Thanks. I didn't look that far back. Bring back the 90s. And as good as MJD was he didn't hold up long either. Not a huge knock, but just curious if people were putting that into consideration.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:25 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:24 pm
Thanks. I didn't look that far back. Bring back the 90s. And as good as MJD was he didn't hold up long either. Not a huge knock, but just curious if people were putting that into consideration.
MJD was a god damn unicorn.. every time a short RB gets comped to him I laugh inside.

As a big UCLA fan this guy was a kind of special you don't see often. Absolute bowling ball that would be the last man to enter a 6 man dog pile and somehow be the guy that emerges with the football.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:52 am
abloom wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am Hall is my clear 1.01 with walker as mu clear 1.02 before the draft. That's more a reflection on the wrs and QBs in superflex more than the two rbs ability.

After the draft with landing spots and draft capital known it very well could be different.
If Willis goes top 5-10, I can see the argument for him at 1.01 in a SF, with his rushing ability. He'd be a better version of Hurts with more draft capital insulation. I just worry he goes to a team that is too inept to develop him, as he is very raw. If the Steelers somehow got him, it would be wheels up, but I highly doubt he gets that far.
Yeah, I think draft capital (especially trade ups) and landing spots are really going to influence my ranks, which I think really just reflects the overall lack of exciting talent on the offensive side in this draft.

I think a majority of these drafts (partly due to the capital I have with primarily mid to late picks) is gonna mean I'm either going to be happy with someone falling to me, or I'm gonna be looking to trade back/out for a vet player.

Compared with last year at this time there were 12+ players I was excited to draft. (The five QBs, 3 rbs, chase, Pitts,waddle, and Smith). I think there was probably another one or two I was interested in but I don't remember. I will admit that at the time waddle was my #11 and Williams my #12. Waddle moved up the most for me post draft.

I just am not excited about many players this year and I think ultimately I'm going to want to move back and get someone to fall to me. SF I'm somewhat interested in early to mid 2nds where I can take a shot on some of the other QBs not named Willis (assuming he gets drafted in the first couple picks of rookie drafts) and Corral (starting to think he's gonna fall a lot due to off field and leadership problems).
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:11 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm
abloom wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am Hall is my clear 1.01 with walker as mu clear 1.02 before the draft. That's more a reflection on the wrs and QBs in superflex more than the two rbs ability.

After the draft with landing spots and draft capital known it very well could be different.
If Willis goes top 5-10, I can see the argument for him at 1.01 in a SF, with his rushing ability. He'd be a better version of Hurts with more draft capital insulation. I just worry he goes to a team that is too inept to develop him, as he is very raw. If the Steelers somehow got him, it would be wheels up, but I highly doubt he gets that far.
Yeah, I think draft capital (especially trade ups) and landing spots are really going to influence my ranks, which I think really just reflects the overall lack of exciting talent on the offensive side in this draft.

I think a majority of these drafts (partly due to the capital I have with primarily mid to late picks) is gonna mean I'm either going to be happy with someone falling to me, or I'm gonna be looking to trade back/out for a vet player.

Compared with last year at this time there were 12+ players I was excited to draft. (The five QBs, 3 rbs, chase, Pitts,waddle, and Smith). I think there was probably another one or two I was interested in but I don't remember. I will admit that at the time waddle was my #11 and Williams my #12. Waddle moved up the most for me post draft.

I just am not excited about many players this year and I think ultimately I'm going to want to move back and get someone to fall to me. SF I'm somewhat interested in early to mid 2nds where I can take a shot on some of the other QBs not named Willis (assuming he gets drafted in the first couple picks of rookie drafts) and Corral (starting to think he's gonna fall a lot due to off field and leadership problems).
Care to enlighten me. I haven't done much research on him. I heard he leadership was a positive for him, going out when he should have skipped the bowl game, to play with his team, and fighting through injuries all year, but playing through them. I worry a guy with his BMI. 6 ft 2 and just over 200, and he takes hits. When he runs, he doesn't avoid contact, and in the NFL, that's not going to work so well for him. I'd love to hear these issues you speak of, I was unaware, as I had little interest in him, but the more you know.....
Janiel Dones Truther

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:28 pm

^ The big character concern everyone brings up with him is him fighting Gretzky's kid and getting kicked out of high school. I haven't heard any other character concerns.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:11 pm

Good stuff here, great conversation, thanks guys.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:11 pm
abloom wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm

Care to enlighten me. I haven't done much research on him. I heard he leadership was a positive for him, going out when he should have skipped the bowl game, to play with his team, and fighting through injuries all year, but playing through them. I worry a guy with his BMI. 6 ft 2 and just over 200, and he takes hits. When he runs, he doesn't avoid contact, and in the NFL, that's not going to work so well for him. I'd love to hear these issues you speak of, I was unaware, as I had little interest in him, but the more you know.....
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/ ... att-corral
The Athletic's Bruce Feldman reports NFL scouts are concerned with Ole Miss QB Matt Corral's release and his accuracy.
Scouts interviewed by Feldman were universally critical of Corral's pro day, where his release was "too quick" and led to throws "sprayed everywhere." "Compact is good and quick is good, but now it’s almost so shot-puttish it can lead to a good amount of batted balls," one scout told Feldman. "That motion can limit your throw repertoire." Corral's release didn't seem to affect his accuracy at Ole Miss in 2021. He ranked 15th among all college quarterbacks with a 67.9 percent completion rate. Pro Football Focus found Corral's completion rate over expected to be the lowest among the presumed top-five QBs off the draft board, though his actual completion rate was second among those signal callers. One of the most polarizing players in this year's draft class, Corral has a wide range of outcomes. At best, he could compete for a Week 1 starting job on a team without an established quarterback.
An NFL offensive coordinator told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer Ole Miss QB Matt Corral has “off-field questions.”
He’s kind of a mess. I’m not sure you want him leading your program. His issues aren’t the kind solved by giving millions of dollars." Corral had the lowest Wonderlic (15) of the top 12 quarterbacks. The character concerns date back to high school and Corral’s first two years at Ole Miss, where off-field issues kept him sidelined as a two-year starter. There are doubts Corral can run an NFL offense coming from Lane Kiffin’s zone-read scheme, giving a wide range of outcomes in a weak class with no consensus. Corral had top-30 visits with the Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, and Steelers.
Maybe Im reading too into it and certainly draft capital will change my opinion, but that quote about money not solving off field problems sounds like alcohol issues.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:18 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:15 pm

Maybe Im reading too into it and certainly draft capital will change my opinion, but that quote about money not solving off field problems sounds like alcohol issues.
Thanks! :thumbup:
Janiel Dones Truther