Josh Allen - Time to Believe!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Allen - Time to Believe!

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:38 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:07 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:01 pm Will let you once I have the hours needed to really evaluate each of them but early on I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The Allen/Herbert types are very rare.

Never claimed to be a QB guru but you will start see some of my thoughts on Allen back on page 15 forward in this thread.
Did you do any flag plants for the 2020 class? I legitimately can't remember.

Signed, a longtime resident of Zac Wilson island. (There's still plenty of beachfront property round these parts...)
Haha

Not a lot
Liked Burrow but didn’t think he would be this good this fast.

Liked Tua some as well due to accuracy. Jury is out on him.

I traded Watson for 1.5 and ODell to draft Herbert because I was high on him in SF league. My trade partner would have selected Herbert there so he wasn’t shocked.

This past draft;
Really liked Lawrence and M. Jones. Also liked Zac’s release a lot. Still think he could be really good in a few years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:38 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:31 pm
Yarnith wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:59 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:41 pm

I think if anyone cared to look they would find he was the 2nd best scoring fantasy QB from week 12 on his rookie year. His talent jumped off the page as a prospect and as a rookie. He just needed to learn from NFL coaches that could harness that talent; And Boy did They!

It is so obvious to all now why he is the 2nd highest paid player in football already.
So when was it obvious for you after week 12? Was it his lack of throwing over 250 yards in any game? 7td to 7int ratio over that time or the bolstering of his rushing td's inflating his fantasy scoring along with 1 blowout he helmed over Miami in week 17 that accounts for 1/3rd of his points in that span? Actually the 2 Miami games were over half his total points in that time frame.

I love me some Allen. Me picking him up for free after his owner cut him in disgust was one of the best moves I have made in memory but what jumped out was this guy throws to many picks and makes terrible decisions with the football. Hindsight is cute but I am not buying anything you are selling here sir.
I would imagine several around would verify I was close to an army of one well before the draft that Allen had the chance to be the best player in his draft. That view was met with considerable resistance but that was okay as this site is full of diverse views. I evaluate players like Allen based on where I think they will be in the future. It was obvious analyzing college tape he had no quality WR's and early on in the Bills they didn't have great WR's either. I guess you can go look at early posts on Allen from me if you like. I never wavered on him as a potential stud.

On a side note, I have studied throwing mechanics and been a throwing mechanic junky for 15 or so years as a pitching coach. It is still a hobby of mine. I use to tell anyone who listened that Allen had the highest ball velocity ever recorded and while raw, his actual mechanics were great with only minor footwork flaws. The Bills obviously agreed given they moved up in that draft to grab him.

I pretty much said the same thing about Herbert and moved in on him as well where possible in fantasy.
I remember you stumping for him. I think he's part of the reason I drafted him. I saw that arm velocity, even watched an ESPN mechanics show on him. I loved him coming out. I took him at 2.07 in a standard 1 QB dynasty. Love him. Was one hell of a game.

Oddly enough the year Mahomes came out, I do not remember being big on him. I can't believe he went at 3.10 in the league where I took Allen, and I took Trubisky at 3.05 OVER HIM. WTH? Wow.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Josh Allen- do you believe?

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:27 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:26 pm

LOL. Nope, just have my own eyes. Bye to you, too.
You said bye already. Now this is just getting weird. Bye 👋
Not to you. See you in the funny pages. I'm just done with Brinmonkey's "my eyes" argument.
This is the all time favorite post. It’s like when Facebook brings back memories!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Allen- do you believe?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:04 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:27 pm

You said bye already. Now this is just getting weird. Bye 👋
Not to you. See you in the funny pages. I'm just done with Brinmonkey's "my eyes" argument.
This is the all time favorite post. It’s like when Facebook brings back memories!
:lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:19 am

Now that this is bumped to the top, have an appropriate place to ask this.

Josh Allen 1.01 in SF/top pick at QB regardless of league? Younger than Mahomes, majority would probably agree better weapons now with Hill gone, and also easier division schedule every year (though this could be viewed as a negative for putting up fantasy points for a QB if the team does a lot of running/running out the clock). I think it's real close; gun to my head I'd pick Allen. But my tie breaker would probably just be I like watching/rooting for the Bills more than KC; so not a very good way to do tie breakers hah.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:36 am

dustyroads wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:19 am Now that this is bumped to the top, have an appropriate place to ask this.

Josh Allen 1.01 in SF/top pick at QB regardless of league? Younger than Mahomes, majority would probably agree better weapons now with Hill gone, and also easier division schedule every year (though this could be viewed as a negative for putting up fantasy points for a QB if the team does a lot of running/running out the clock). I think it's real close; gun to my head I'd pick Allen. But my tie breaker would probably just be I like watching/rooting for the Bills more than KC; so not a very good way to do tie breakers hah.
I think it a coin flip between Allen & Mahomes. I might give Allen the slightest edge just because I think there's a chance Andy Reid will retire in the next few years.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:14 am

Allen is actually going rounds higher in the 1QB startups I'm seeing.

Yes, 1.01 is Allen in SF

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:21 am

Yeah I think after Tyreek Allen should be the 1.1

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:06 pm

Entertaining to look back at this thread. There wasn’t many of us on the Allen hill. Admittedly, he developed into a higher ceiling than I envisioned. Happy to be an owner of both Allen & Mahomes in my two main leagues.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:52 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:06 pm Entertaining to look back at this thread. There wasn’t many of us on the Allen hill. Admittedly, he developed into a higher ceiling than I envisioned. Happy to be an owner of both Allen & Mahomes in my two main leagues.
Right? I was big on Allen coming out. Got him at 2.05 I think in standard league Was very happy with that.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:08 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:52 pm
JFever wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:06 pm Entertaining to look back at this thread. There wasn’t many of us on the Allen hill. Admittedly, he developed into a higher ceiling than I envisioned. Happy to be an owner of both Allen & Mahomes in my two main leagues.
Right? I was big on Allen coming out. Got him at 2.05 I think in standard league Was very happy with that.
Its been a weird ride. I never liked him all that much, felt vindicated after his first two seasons, and then he suddenly exploded. Now he's arguably the best QB in the league lmao
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:17 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:08 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:52 pm
Its been a weird ride. I never liked him all that much, felt vindicated after his first two seasons, and then he suddenly exploded. Now he's arguably the best QB in the league lmao
I thought he had a big arm, and watched some ESPN special, I forget the name, but they said his mechanics were GREAT. I thought he could be another Big Ben. He's been much more. Stoked for sure.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:18 pm

He will go down as one of the greats. Now, let’s get that early ring to get things kickstarted!

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:04 am

Shows the benefit of a well-run, patient organization with a vision. Raw talent that was molded into an elite QB. I sure didn't see it coming. Funny enough, I used to try to start whatever defense the Bills played because he was typically good for at least a few turnovers. It's crazy how that's changed.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:06 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:04 am Shows the benefit of a well-run, patient organization with a vision. Raw talent that was molded into an elite QB. I sure didn't see it coming. Funny enough, I used to try to start whatever defense the Bills played because he was typically good for at least a few turnovers. It's crazy how that's changed.
BUF has been very impressive since the new Regime came to town.

Beane has basically been the NFL's Midas, dude even got a team to bite on Mitch as a starter after 1 year of sitting on the bench :lol: