Fant vs Freiermuth

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Pick 1 TE for next 3 seasons

Fant
33%
Freiermuth
67%

Total votes: 27

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Fant vs Freiermuth

Postby Weber27 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:59 am

Who do you like for the next 3 seasons?

Fant in Seattle or Freiermuth it Pittsburgh?
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Fant vs Freiermuth

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:21 pm

I feel like we know what Fant is and it's not great. He is super athletic but it has not translated in fantasy overly well. I would rather take a shot on Freiermuth.

shiningaxl
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby shiningaxl » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:34 pm

I really wanted Fant to succeed but with a change of teams and a without a good QB he is going on a downward trend.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty Superflex, 0.5 PPR, TE Premium 1 PPR, 29 player roster+ 10 player Taxi
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, Flex, IDPx 5

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts
RB: Tony Pollard, Joe Mixon, Javonte Williams, DeAndre Swift, Leonard Fournette,
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Tee Higgins, D.J. Moore, Diontae Johnson, Jakobi Meyers, Tyler Boyd, Noah Brown, Van Jefferson, Rondale Moore
TE: Dallas Goedert, Dalton Schultz, Noah Fant,
IDP: Roquan Smith, Jordyn Brooks, Kyzir White, Devondre Campbell, Nick Bosa, Blake Cashman, Kaden Elliss, Cody Barton, Tremaine Edmunds, Drue Tranquill, Troy Anderson, Shaq Thompson

Taxi: RB (Tyrion Davis-Price, Pierre Strong), WR (Skyy Moore, Marvin Mims, Josh Downs), TE (Jelani Woods, Luke Musgrave), IDP (Will Anderson, Christian Harris, Drew Sanders)

2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

2024 Picks: 1 1st, 3 3rds, 1 4th, 1 5th
2025 Picks: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 1 5th

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:43 pm

Seattle is gonna be bad for awhile. Who's their QB? Carroll is a dinosaur and should retire.

Fant looks to be a workout warrior and just doesn't put it together on the field the way you think he should.

However, I'm not so high on Freiurmuth either. They're roughly the same tier player production wise for me. But I'd be selling if I had either.

Taking Pat over Fant if it's a draft choice, because he's valued higher at the moment and I can get more on the trade market.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:09 pm

Call me crazy, but I’m still on Fant here. One more chance. Watching Broncos games the past couple years, it seemed his routes were always right at the line of scrimmage. He should be going downfield more with his athleticism. Maybe a change of scenery will improve this.

Though I’d never question anyone wanting the other side.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 11, 2022 2:34 am

frerichs5 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:09 pm Call me crazy, but I’m still on Fant here. One more chance. Watching Broncos games the past couple years, it seemed his routes were always right at the line of scrimmage. He should be going downfield more with his athleticism. Maybe a change of scenery will improve this.

Fant for me, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:58 am

frerichs5 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:09 pm Call me crazy, but I’m still on Fant here. One more chance. Watching Broncos games the past couple years, it seemed his routes were always right at the line of scrimmage. He should be going downfield more with his athleticism. Maybe a change of scenery will improve this.

^
His usage was not ideal.

https://www.nfl.com/news/noah-fant-frus ... -tight-end
"I feel like when I came into the league, that's what I was drafted to do, right?" he said of making explosive plays. "Get down the field, make those explosive plays, and kind of be that pass catching tight end. And over my time in Denver, I felt like that narrative kind of got muddled down a little bit. It was more of a focus of me catching flat balls or whatever it may be, and then trying to be a shifty guy and elusive guy and try to break as many tackles possible to get my yards. I view myself as a downfield threat, getting open space, then I can make things happen. It was a little frustrating being used in the short field."
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ight-ends/
“Honestly, I like — now, granted, this is from just like a month coming in — but I like the way they use the tight ends,” Fant said, via Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune. “I like the way we get passing concepts down the field. The run game, obviously it’s going to be all built off the run game, which is a huge part of the game. Obviously, the play action is going to be huge. So it’s a very balanced offense, which I like. And it’s very favorable to the tight end. So it’s nice.”