Planted my Arob flag many a years ago, can't leave the island
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Matt Ryan to the Colts

Postby mild » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:33 pm

Hankybro21 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:05 am
murphysxm wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:54 am for a 2022 3rd rounder. Having trouble as a Colts fan not being excited about how the QB off season worked out.
As a fellow Colts fan this is the best move they could've made. Keep him for 1-2 years and draft a QB next year. Love it.
I'm absolutely shocked that they only got a 3rd rounder AND are still eating the 40+ mil in dead cap. The Falcons just bailed out the Colts in a big way.

For this price, I'm kind of shocked SF weren't in on him now. Then again... they're still holding those Jimmy G stonks. Big lols at "we have an offer for Jimmy G in place of 2 2nd rounders"... Sure you do, John. Sure you do.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:43 pm

The Colts moved up in the 3rd round and got a 2023 2nd for moving from Wentz to Ryan

You should be excited!!!

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:49 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:43 pm The Colts moved up in the 3rd round and got a 2023 2nd for moving from Wentz to Ryan

You should be excited!!!
We are, but I would like us to draft a Wr with either our 1st or 2nd.
And then trade the other for as much for the 2023 draft.

So we can get that QB for the future that we need
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:53 pm

ravn88 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:49 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:43 pm The Colts moved up in the 3rd round and got a 2023 2nd for moving from Wentz to Ryan

You should be excited!!!
We are, but I would like us to draft a Wr with either our 1st or 2nd.
And then trade the other for as much for the 2023 draft.

So we can get that QB for the future that we need
I don't think you have a first unfortunately

Someone decided it was a good idea to trade that for Carson Wentz for some reason

But three day 2 picks isn't bad at all--definitely a decent spot to get a WR

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:07 pm

Ryan looked closer to done the last few years to me. This gives me the Rivers type vibes. Still a solid QB, but not mobile, doesn't have a great arm that also looks to have lost a bit of velocity. I think it may help them make the playoffs, but the Colts aren't a SB contender or anything due to this move. It was the move I was saying made the most sense, though. Never felt Ballard would be a Baker guy.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:55 pm

I am excited to see what this does for my Jonathan Taylor and Parris Campbell shares.
Hoping that Campbell can finally stay healthy.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:56 pm

I like this development for Nyheim Hines as a dump-off option. Just bought him for a couple 3rds.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:07 pm Ryan looked closer to done the last few years to me. This gives me the Rivers type vibes. Still a solid QB, but not mobile, doesn't have a great arm that also looks to have lost a bit of velocity. I think it may help them make the playoffs, but the Colts aren't a SB contender or anything due to this move. It was the move I was saying made the most sense, though. Never felt Ballard would be a Baker guy.
Agree Ryan is on the decline, and pretty obviously. Still think he’s a significant upgrade from Wentz, and at a guess he does a little more than Rivers did a couple years ago.

I think they may be a sneaky SB contender, and May out a couple bucks on em.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:21 am

honcho55 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:07 pm Ryan looked closer to done the last few years to me. This gives me the Rivers type vibes. Still a solid QB, but not mobile, doesn't have a great arm that also looks to have lost a bit of velocity. I think it may help them make the playoffs, but the Colts aren't a SB contender or anything due to this move. It was the move I was saying made the most sense, though. Never felt Ballard would be a Baker guy.
Agree Ryan is on the decline, and pretty obviously. Still think he’s a significant upgrade from Wentz, and at a guess he does a little more than Rivers did a couple years ago.

I don't see it. They don't have the receivers, or a D good enough to get them through the tough road game gauntlet, with an aging statue at QB with a weaker arm in bad weather, to compensate. They aren't a contender in my eyes. Not even a sneaky one. That division is fodder. Tannehill came back down to earth, Henry is aging, they aren't a threat either. Only to each other for that weak azz division. One team escapes that division, and they will meet real competition they can't beat in the playoffs, IMO. Their roster just isn't that good, and their coaching certainly isn't.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:21 am

I don't see it. They don't have the receivers, or a D good enough to get them through the tough road game gauntlet, with an aging statue at QB with a weaker arm in bad weather, to compensate. They aren't a contender in my eyes. Not even a sneaky one. That division is fodder. Tannehill came back down to earth, Henry is aging, they aren't a threat either. Only to each other for that weak azz division. One team escapes that division, and they will meet real competition they can't beat in the playoffs, IMO. Their roster just isn't that good, and their coaching certainly isn't.
Well considering Rivers didn't even work out poorly for them I think they'll take it

11-5 and nearly went to Buffalo and won in the playoffs

Not an abject disaster like Wentz

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:59 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:26 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:21 am

Well considering Rivers didn't even work out poorly for them I think they'll take it

11-5 and nearly went to Buffalo and won in the playoffs

Not an abject disaster like Wentz
I mean, the amount of Wentz blame I don't get. He wasn't that bad at all. He played well enough to win in Baltimore, but their kicker had a bum leg. Reich deserves the brunt of the blame, IMO. Nobody played well in Jax that last week. They got beat badly on both sides of the ball. Rivers didn't miss all of camp and not have any time with WR's pre week 1 either. I am not advocating Wentz is a super star or anything, but the disaster last year was the Colts team, not Wentz. The Colts were missing many of their OL for parts of the year, too, it wasn't that good. They had Pittman and some fold up chairs at WR, and a basketball player at TE.

I just don't see Ryan winning a ton more, unless they have an easier schedule that this year, they might. The Colts had a gauntlet the first 5 weeks or so, and that killed them, with the combo of Wentz missing all of training camp, basically. Colts aren't a top 3 or 4 team in the AFC. They are in the worst division in the conference, and perhaps the NFL though, and that will help. However they aren't going to run the table vs the top teams in that conference, most likely having to do it on the road.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:35 am

Indys issue is that they arent in the NFC. It's a solid team but tough to compete with a lot of the AFC top teams.

I disagree the AFC south is the worst division though. We have the NFC east and NFC south with only 1 good team each. At least the AFC south has TEN and Indy. Similar to the NFC north and AFC East. One perennial playoff team, one that is always in the hunt and then 2 dumpster fires. Then there's AFC North which could go any direction right now and the 2 West divisions which are loaded.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:22 am

Matt Ryan should really help the Colts. Many may think he is washed up but he is a year and half younger than Rodgers and going to a team starved for leadership at the QB position.

Wentz was terrible down the stretch. His teammates didn't even seem to like him much. He played hero ball a ton bypassing open underneath routes as if checking off WR1's was some kind of criminal offense.

While he doesn't deserve all the blame he deserves a ton. When the head coach who loved the guy in Philly and sticks his neck out to get him loses faith, you know there is a problem beyond just x's & o's.

Ryan on the other hand has a history of a calm player with a team first attitude. He may not be a MVP caliber player any longer but he is probably just what the Colts need for a couple of years given he is the 7th straight opening day starter.

The Colt's have a good team. They do need to add a Wr which they will and probably draft one to help. They have far better chance to make the playoffs this year with Ryan they would have if they held Wentz given that situation sounded toxic from the owner on down.

Doubt they make a deep run but they are fighting to win which is good to see.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:56 am

A couple of things here. 1. I do not believe Ballard and Reich wanted to move away from Wentz. You do not do the Wentz deal and not give the QB 2 years he was their long-term plan. 2. You don't trade a top 15 QB without a plan B. Chris Ballard is too smart for that. The owner made the call and his employees were forced to take the action they did. Atlanta gave them an out and the Colts must have some nude pictures of Blank somewhere. Ryan is a solid QB and buys them some time. They very much need to be in the draft market for a QB next season. Fantasy wise there is nothing exciting about Ryan in Indy. I have some issues with the way Indy has crapped all over Wentz in this process, especially Irsay. There was no need to trash him publically and I for one hope Wentz balls out this season and makes them look like dog crap. Wentz is not exciting either but I would argue he landed in a better situation fantasy-wise for sure. Wentz was the QB12 in my league last year. Not exciting for sure but better than Ryan now he has the chance to improve his numbers if stays healthy. Wentz is a better QB2 than Ryan at this point and cheaper. Not by much but cheaper.