Let's talk... JuJu Smith-Schuster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Juju's as his team's WR1

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:19 am

I wouldn't be shocked. His last full season he put up nearly 100 catches, and 9 TD's with a noodle armed Ben. There's now an extra game on top of that. Add the playoff game they played that year, to make 17 games, his line was 110/988/10. Shocked, no. Not sure I'd say I expect it, either, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:19 am I wouldn't be shocked. His last full season he put up nearly 100 catches, and 9 TD's with a noodle armed Ben. There's now an extra game on top of that. Add the playoff game they played that year, to make 17 games, his line was 110/988/10. Shocked, no. Not sure I'd say I expect it, either, though.
He also benefit significantly from playing next to a prime Antonio Brown. JuJu never saw a team's top corner and always had favorable matchups and not-as-difficult coverage, especially from the slot.

Currently, either JuJu or MVS is going to see primary coverage. I don't know if he's as good as he showed in Pittsburgh his first two seasons, though maybe he's not as underwhelming as he's been the last few years since then.

I'd lean more towards selling right now, especially with next year's class on the horizon.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:03 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:47 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:19 am I wouldn't be shocked. His last full season he put up nearly 100 catches, and 9 TD's with a noodle armed Ben. There's now an extra game on top of that. Add the playoff game they played that year, to make 17 games, his line was 110/988/10. Shocked, no. Not sure I'd say I expect it, either, though.
He also benefit significantly from playing next to a prime Antonio Brown. JuJu never saw a team's top corner and always had favorable matchups and not-as-difficult coverage, especially from the slot.

Currently, either JuJu or MVS is going to see primary coverage. I don't know if he's as good as he showed in Pittsburgh his first two seasons, though maybe he's not as underwhelming as he's been the last few years since then.

I'd lean more towards selling right now, especially with next year's class on the horizon.
What about kelce. I imagine teams will roll coverage toward him. Might not be a CB but definitely will be safeties

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:10 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:47 am

Not in the season I was referencing. You think top corners are going to move out of position to cover Juju in the slot all the time?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:38 pm

Heard on Sirius radio today that part of the reason for the lack of interest in JuJu and the reason for his small contract is due to concerns about his knee. Googling shows he had knee issues in 2021 off-season. Does anyone know anything about this? If he has knee issues, why has it been lingering for 1, 2+ years?

Seems like a reasonable explanation for JuJu lack of interest as a FA. But he is either healthy and can produce big in KC or he's not healthy and will struggle to put up good numbers.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:03 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:38 pm Heard on Sirius radio today that part of the reason for the lack of interest in JuJu and the reason for his small contract is due to concerns about his knee. Googling shows he had knee issues in 2021 off-season. Does anyone know anything about this? If he has knee issues, why has it been lingering for 1, 2+ years?

Seems like a reasonable explanation for JuJu lack of interest as a FA. But he is either healthy and can produce big in KC or he's not healthy and will struggle to put up good numbers.
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/pitts ... 020-season

How true it is who knows. Juju clearly thinks he is over it considering he is betting 7.5million he will be ok.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:33 pm

I was hoping to see JuJu with Tyreek and Kelce.

It will be interesting to see him now in presumably the WR1 role.

I’ve been holding since his rookie year, but if he doesn’t produce this year he’s roster clogger.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:32 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:33 pm I was hoping to see JuJu with Tyreek and Kelce.

I’ve been holding since his rookie year, but if he doesn’t produce this year he’s roster clogger.
He's still nominally the WR2 in reality. This offense will run through Kelce.

The MVS signing is actually still great for Juju. MVS will run clear-out routes, but he's not the kind of talent (like Tyreek) that will make Mahomes force it to him. Kelce will draw the underneath attention. If there's anything left in Juju's tank: we're going to see it.

SteelLake
Starter
Starter

Postby SteelLake » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:16 am

Yarnith wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:03 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:38 pm Heard on Sirius radio today that part of the reason for the lack of interest in JuJu and the reason for his small contract is due to concerns about his knee. Googling shows he had knee issues in 2021 off-season. Does anyone know anything about this? If he has knee issues, why has it been lingering for 1, 2+ years?

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/pitts ... 020-season

How true it is who knows. Juju clearly thinks he is over it considering he is betting 7.5million he will be ok.
As someone originally from Pittsburgh and who still follows all the teams, the reporter isn’t close to trustworthy
Drew Christopher Brees Football Squad
Dynasty League (10 team)
2013-Present (11 years)
2017, 2022 Champion
8 playoff appearances
Record: 95-61

Keenan Alexander Allen Football Squad
Contract League (12 teams)
2015-Present (8 years)
2022, 2023 Champion
8 Playoff appearances
Record: 84-42

Dar's Outcasts
Redraft league (8-10 teams)
2020- Present (4 years)
2023 Champion
4 Playoff appearances
Record: 41-16

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:50 am

mild wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:32 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:33 pm I was hoping to see JuJu with Tyreek and Kelce.

He's still nominally the WR2 in reality. This offense will run through Kelce.

The MVS signing is actually still great for Juju. MVS will run clear-out routes, but he's not the kind of talent (like Tyreek) that will make Mahomes force it to him. Kelce will draw the underneath attention. If there's anything left in Juju's tank: we're going to see it.
Good take. Agreed
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.