Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:46 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:04 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:59 am We are only 2 years past Brady with the Pats, it is my hope that Bill has identified that he doesnt have the GOAT playing anymore and the NFL has changed a lot in the last 2-3 years, so they have to change with it. You need stud outside options to win anything. Pass catching groupings are becoming the most important offensive position groupings in the sport. You cant win anything without at least 2 elite pass catchers. It is also my hope Bill truly does trust Mac and wants to surround him with talent, you just never know with Bill B and almost every offseason Pats fans leave it feeling disappointed. If they have changed their philosophy up i do think Mac can support a WR1 and i do think Wilson and Olave are the best fits for the team. Im hoping this is a bit of a new era for the Pats because they know Brady cant save them anymore, also Bill B has by all accounts been more open to listening to his draft people. Either way i expect the pats to draft a LB or WR early so im prepared for that player to get devalued, which i will fully understand.
I hadn't really given that thought until you mention it, but you might be right. Bill may change his tune now and recognize the value of these outside guys now that he doesn't have elite QB play.

I've got to be careful to not let that narrative shape my opinion too much, but it makes sense.
Bill may not seem it but he is adaptable, you dont win consistently for 20 + years without being adaptable, yes Brady is why they won so many super bowls but Bill is a huge part of all of that as well. Bill adapted to so many offensive systems and personnel and they still won. I think and hope they will do the same now. From all accounts part of the reason the 2021 draft went so well for them is because he finally listened to more input from the scouts. If he does the same then perhaps it works out better.

On another note Brady didnt particularly like breaking rookies in as he got older, i cant blame him for losing patience with them, so i think we should factor that in as well. Mac is so young he isnt going to lose patience as they all go through growing pains together. Like ive stated we need to look at the Patriots differently than we have for over 20 years now. The Pats still have alot of holes to fill so im not sure they draft a Wr in round 1, and im not sure i want them to but if they do the evaluations should be different

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:35 pm

Maybe Bill just misunderstood the rules about drafting. Its been known to happen, poor guy.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:42 pm

Anyone know anything about Ben Beise from UW-River Falls?
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:50 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:42 pm Anyone know anything about Ben Beise from UW-River Falls?
so far all I can find is that he was a first all-american and division III and he had a nice little pro day.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:59 am
Bill may not seem it but he is adaptable, you dont win consistently for 20 + years without being adaptable, yes Brady is why they won so many super bowls but Bill is a huge part of all of that as well. Bill adapted to so many offensive systems and personnel and they still won. I think and hope they will do the same now. From all accounts part of the reason the 2021 draft went so well for them is because he finally listened to more input from the scouts. If he does the same then perhaps it works out better.

On another note Brady didnt particularly like breaking rookies in as he got older, i cant blame him for losing patience with them, so i think we should factor that in as well. Mac is so young he isnt going to lose patience as they all go through growing pains together. Like ive stated we need to look at the Patriots differently than we have for over 20 years now. The Pats still have alot of holes to fill so im not sure they draft a Wr in round 1, and im not sure i want them to but if they do the evaluations should be different
I disagree. The AFC has a lot of talent now at the QB position; Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, Russell. No matter what the Pats do at WR, Mac Jones is not going to beat these playmakers at the QB position.

If you can't beat them at their game, you need to play a different style...heavy run game and defense. It's getting harder to win that way, but the Pats are not going to beat these teams in shootouts.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:39 pm

remedy29 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:15 pm

I disagree. The AFC has a lot of talent now at the QB position; Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, Russell. No matter what the Pats do at WR, Mac Jones is not going to beat these playmakers at the QB position.

If you can't beat them at their game, you need to play a different style...heavy run game and defense. It's getting harder to win that way, but the Pats are not going to beat these teams in shootouts.
I want to preface this with that I'm not claiming Mac Jones to be something he's not. I'm not telling you he's Brady reincarnated, or that he's Mahomes or Allen, etc.

But I really struggle with these takes suggesting that the verdict is out on Jones, and we know exactly who he is, cuz we dont. He was the 15th overall pick drafted to a mediocre offense with a great HC and a historic franchise behind it. He had a really good year as a rookie QB, and the truth is, NOBODY knows what he will develop into.

We dont know if Mac can go head to head with the top QB's in the league. It took Allen 2 embarrassing seasons and getting a true no.1 wideout for him to find success, and he exploded.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:52 am

ThunderTung wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:39 pm
remedy29 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:15 pm

I want to preface this with that I'm not claiming Mac Jones to be something he's not. I'm not telling you he's Brady reincarnated, or that he's Mahomes or Allen, etc.

But I really struggle with these takes suggesting that the verdict is out on Jones, and we know exactly who he is, cuz we dont. He was the 15th overall pick drafted to a mediocre offense with a great HC and a historic franchise behind it. He had a really good year as a rookie QB, and the truth is, NOBODY knows what he will develop into.

We dont know if Mac can go head to head with the top QB's in the league. It took Allen 2 embarrassing seasons and getting a true no.1 wideout for him to find success, and he exploded.
Good points. I could definitely see him following a Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr type career trajectory where he ends up consistently putting up low end QB1 - high end QB2 numbers, yet is also consistently undervalued. He definitely looks good so far.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:07 am

Spiller seems to be tumbling down boards after his combine. I hear he was possibly hurt and it reminded me of someone else who was hurt and posted a bad combine recently (but ended up a good player). Anyone remember who that was? Can't remember and it's bugging me now lol

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:12 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:07 am Spiller seems to be tumbling down boards after his combine. I hear he was possibly hurt and it reminded me of someone else who was hurt and posted a bad combine recently (but ended up a good player). Anyone remember who that was? Can't remember and it's bugging me now lol
Keenan Allen? Or is that too long ago

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:12 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:07 am Spiller seems to be tumbling down boards after his combine. I hear he was possibly hurt and it reminded me of someone else who was hurt and posted a bad combine recently (but ended up a good player). Anyone remember who that was? Can't remember and it's bugging me now lol
Nope, but i didnt even know he was hurt during his. Was thinking it was one of the SF guys but turns out it was Shenault after I dug through some more notes. Someone else mwntioned Zack Moss. Neither are ringing endorsements haha

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:33 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am
Nope, but i didnt even know he was hurt during his. Was thinking it was one of the SF guys but turns out it was Shenault after I dug through some more notes. Someone else mwntioned Zack Moss. Neither are ringing endorsements haha
He wasn't hurt hurt but he was still on the recovery from a college ?acl? Injury for his combine and put up some trash numbers

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:53 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:33 am
He wasn't hurt hurt but he was still on the recovery from a college ?acl? Injury for his combine and put up some trash numbers
He had an abdominal core injury that hindered him in which he ended up having surgery for.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:53 am

He had an abdominal core injury that hindered him in which he ended up having surgery for.
I think he's talking about KA. Shenault was the core which is why Spiller brought that to mind

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:12 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am
I think he's talking about KA. Shenault was the core which is why Spiller brought that to mind
Spiller's injury popped up as a conversation piece AFTER his combine, by his agent. Not sure it passes the smell test. We shall see if he tests again at his pro day, and remember to add .05 to thaat 40 time IF he runs.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:42 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:12 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am

Spiller's injury popped up as a conversation piece AFTER his combine, by his agent. Not sure it passes the smell test. We shall see if he tests again at his pro day, and remember to add .05 to thaat 40 time IF he runs.
He better retest after that atrocity of a workout. Unless he likes being a day 3 prospect and losing out in millions of dollars. Whatever he thinks is best.