Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:53 pm

DynastyKing23 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:49 pm Pretty sure Hall solidified himself as the early 1.01.

Lot of solid wrs as expected but it's hard to say any separated themselves from the pack. Disappointed in some of the big names, and other lesser prospects really over performed expectations. With such a deep class I find it hard to justify taking a wr with a high 1st when rbs are so scarce and the wr market so diluted.
My guy Hall was stiff you have to drop him down... :lol: :dance:
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:44 pm

DynastyKing23 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:49 pm Pretty sure Hall solidified himself as the early 1.01.

Lot of solid wrs as expected but it's hard to say any separated themselves from the pack. Disappointed in some of the big names, and other lesser prospects really over performed expectations. With such a deep class I find it hard to justify taking a wr with a high 1st when rbs are so scarce and the wr market so diluted.
Hall should be hands down the 1.01. He's still 20, is a top percentile athlete, and has the production numbers to boot. He's doesn't quite have JT's profile, because JT's production is insane, but he's definitely in the vicinity. He does have a better receiving profile, than JT out of college, thouhg. I can't see how anybody else should be considered 1.01 right now, personally. I'd easily put him ahead of guys like Javonte Williams, Akers, ETN etc.

Hall has a spectacular profile. Even his BMI was a pleasant surprise, being 5 ft 11 and 217, instead of the listed 6 ft 1, 215.

Hall is the clear 1.01, in a tier of his own. If you don't want to take him, you move down, or you're losing value on that pick. I don't think that will change unless somehow he doesn't get taken in round 1 or 2, and that's very unlikely, to say the least.

I like Wilson a lot, he really improved his stock with his combine, but we all know RB's carry more value due to the points they can score, and positional scarcity. If you want him, you trade down to 1.02, as it stands right now. We shall see how the NFL draft shakes out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:33 am

I can't say I'm a college football fan or a tape grinder, I mostly just follow for dynasty purposes. I read a ton of analysis and watch highlights, read profiles, comparables, etc. Call me crazy but I think hall is a better prospect then harris from last year.

As a steeler fan and dynasty owner I love harris, and he is a better blocker then hall. But outside of that hall has all the boxes checked that najee left empty for me.

Najee too old for a rookie, already 23.
Hall is only 20, absolutely dominted all 3 years✔️

Najee only looked good because he played for Alabama and had an nfl caliber oline playing agaisnt children
Hall played at Iowa state, not bad but certainly not a powerhouse ✔️

Najee lacks top end speed, doesn't break big runs
Hall ran a 4.39, often showed speed and burst✔️

I'm excited to pair Hall with najee on my squad. Only box he doesn't check for me is pass blocking, its mediocre and probably good enough to stay on the field but not elite. Hopefully can be coached up but cmc wasnt a great pass blocker when he exploded and niether was hunt. My only fear is Hall will go to a crap team, kind of like swift in Detroit. However I think we can all day we would take swift in Detroit over ceh and his prime landing spot in hind sight. I wish he can sneak into the back of the 1st, to a team like Tampa or Buffalo. If not hopefully someone moves up to get him early 2nd like Arizona or Seattle and spares us the pain of the giants taking a rb to sit behind barkley and a crap team/line.
Last edited by DynastyKing23 on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:41 am

DynastyKing23 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:33 am I can't say I'm a college football fan or a tape grinder, I mostly just follow for dynasty purposes. I read a ton of analysis and watch highlights, read profiles, comparables, etc. Call me crazy but I think hall is a better prospect then harris from last year.

As a steeler fan and dynasty owner I love harris, and he is a better blocker then hall. But outside of that hall has all the boxes checked that najee left empty for me.

Hall is only 20, absoluteky dominted all 3 years✔️

Najee only looked good because he played for Alabama and had an nfl caliber oline playing agaisnt children
Hall played at Iowa, not bad but certainly not a powerhouse ✔️

I'm excited to pair Hall with najee on my squad. Only box he doesn't check for me is pass blocking, its mediocre and probably good enough to stay on the field but not elite. Hopefully can be coached up but cmc wasnt a great pass blocker when he exploded and niether was hunt. My only fear is Hall will go to a crap team, kind of like swift in Detroit. However I think we can all day we would take swift in Detroit over ceh and his prime landing spot in hind sight. I wish he can sneak into the back of the 1st, to a team like Tampa or Buffalo. If not hopefully someone moves up to get him early 2nd like Arizona or Seattle and spares us the pain of the giants taking a rb to sit behind barkley and a crap team/line.
I think rookie fever is hitting hard and would be a seller at #1 this year if the Hall hype goes wild. He did test better athletically than I would have thought, but am still ho hum about him. Possibly the top RB in the class, but not elite and shouldn't even be in the same post as JT (Iknow, not your post but the one earlier).

Also, he played for Iowa State, not Iowa. big 12 D's not the same as BIG 10 D's.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:44 am

DynastyKing23 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:33 am I can't say I'm a college football fan or a tape grinder, I mostly just follow for dynasty purposes. I read a ton of analysis and watch highlights, read profiles, comparables, etc. Call me crazy but I think hall is a better prospect then harris from last year.

Hall is only 20, absoluteky dominted all 3 years✔️

Hall played at Iowa, not bad but certainly not a powerhouse ✔️

Love your enthusiasm about Hall… but he went to Iowa State, not Iowa. Big difference 😀
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 am

Ok fixed the Iowa vs Iowa state.

Yes a good school , just saying we always downplay Alabama players because of the program and the level of talent around them. I don't recall ever discounting Iowa state players because we believe its the team around them and question how much of it is the prospects talent vs product of the system.

Comparing him to JT is absurd. He is easily the 1.01 in startups and redraft and was an elite prospect himself. That's like saying you can call a wr elite because they're not chase, there is a difference between generational and elite. To me hall is not a generational talent like barkley was, although we all see how that's turning out, but he most definitely elite with his measurables and production.

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:12 am

DynastyKing23 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 am Ok fixed the Iowa vs Iowa state.

Yes a good school , just saying we always downplay Alabama players because of the program and the level of talent around them. I don't recall ever discounting Iowa state players because we believe its the team around them and question how much of it is the prospects talent vs product of the system.

Comparing him to JT is absurd. He is easily the 1.01 in startups and redraft and was an elite prospect himself. That's like saying you can call a wr elite because they're not chase, there is a difference between generational and elite. To me hall is not a generational talent like barkley was, although we all see how that's turning out, but he most definitely elite with his measurables and production.
Agree to disagree on Hall being elite. I just don't see it when I watch him. He seems to be a good enough athlete at the combine for now. We'll see about agility scores as I haven't seen anything listed for RBs. I don't see elite athleticism or RB traits on tape. I see a solid RB that you could find on any number of teams. Not bad, but not elite. I also noticed he didn't have any very good games against the ranked teams. Most RBs stats are less against the best teams, but usually elite RBs still have good games and eventually break out in the big games.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:25 am

mgscott wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:12 am

Agree to disagree on Hall being elite. I just don't see it when I watch him. He seems to be a good enough athlete at the combine for now. We'll see about agility scores as I haven't seen anything listed for RBs. I don't see elite athleticism or RB traits on tape. I see a solid RB that you could find on any number of teams. Not bad, but not elite. I also noticed he didn't have any very good games against the ranked teams. Most RBs stats are less against the best teams, but usually elite RBs still have good games and eventually break out in the big games.
From what I am reading, none of the rbs did the agility drills because the people running the combine are incompetent morons and want the 40 during prime time and so have the agility drills scheduled for midnight or something close to it

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:01 am

Sitting on 1.6-11 in an SF league, guessing(pre landing spot) it goes like Hall, Walker, Wilson, Willis and maybe Burks/Spiller/QB now?

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:02 am

I hate to pump the hall hype train but Iowa state actually kinda does have a RB pedigree. As in Matt Campbell does. Little Campbell RB playback for you chronologically..

Breeze Hall (Iow State)
David Montgemory (Iowa State)
Kareem Hunt (Toldeo)
Jalen Parmele(Toldeo)
Chester Taylor (Toledo)

All of those guys are NFL RB's he recruited and coached up in college. Obviously some are better than others but considering the schools the fact they are in the NFL at all shows something. Not a bad accomplishment over 10years or so.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:05 am

Should have been more clear - it matters for those who went to Iowa State when Iowa is our in-state rival. Don’t you dare assign our good players to that other school!
Last edited by Shcritters on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:20 am

Shcritters wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:05 am

Should have been more clear - it matters for those who went to Iowa State when Iowa is out in-state rival. Don’t you dare assign our good players to that other school!
I apologize, Pitt vs Penn state here so understood.

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:27 am

Man, I am in on Hall. If he goes to a good landing spot I'd probably move guys in the Najee/Javonte tier for him.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:30 am

Blueboy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:27 am Man, I am in on Hall. If he goes to a good landing spot I'd probably move guys in the Najee/Javonte tier for him.
Lol I might not be that high but Im already shopping for the 1.1

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:35 am

Blueboy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:27 am Man, I am in on Hall. If he goes to a good landing spot I'd probably move guys in the Najee/Javonte tier for him.
Although I agree with this on a prospect level coming out of school, its hard to do that agaisnt guys that already have nfl production.

On a pure prospect vs prospect I would rate him in that tier or above compared to where we value harris and Williams last year this time. As for right now in a start up its not close until we have a team and some production.

That can very quickly change in the next month after he he has a team and most certainly will next yesr after he plays some snaps.

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th