Super Bowl Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Super Bowl Discussion

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:48 pm

mild wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:37 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:33 pm My response was paraphrasing a quote from McVay back in like November. Hey they made the SB, but they were remarkably healthy and have little to depth to cover that up if things chhange. Also Whitworth's value can't be overstated. I just see this a Miami Marlins all or nothing stab at a title. Not mad at them, but I would fall well short of calling them the odds-on favorite next year.
Name the NFC team with a better chance of being in the 2022 Superbowl, assuming health.
I will take the field for sure. To early to predict next year pre draft and FA movement. I just think everything went right for the Rams this year, that is tough to replicate
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:54 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:48 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:33 pm My response was paraphrasing a quote from McVay back in like November. Hey they made the SB, but they were remarkably healthy and have little to depth to cover that up if things chhange. Also Whitworth's value can't be overstated. I just see this a Miami Marlins all or nothing stab at a title. Not mad at them, but I would fall well short of calling them the odds-on favorite next year.
Name the NFC team with a better chance of being in the 2022 Superbowl, assuming health.
I will take the field for sure. To early to predict next year pre draft and FA movement. I just think everything went right for the Rams this year, that is tough to replicate
The field is different from "they will never again come anywhere close to this"

That's what a "Miami Marlins style stab" means

They will have a 2 decade long playoff drought after this

I don't personally see that

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:01 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Fair points and I probably went a little too hyperbole. I just don't see this as a long term sustainable model. They will be a middle of the pack team sooner than later, with an aging roster and little cap flexibility. That is tough to succeed with
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:03 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:01 pm

Fair points and I probably went a little too hyperbole. I just don't see this as a long term sustainable model. They will be a middle of the pack team sooner than later, with an aging roster and little cap flexibility. That is tough to succeed with
I can agree with that. But I think they have one to two years left after this with the current NFC

It will eventually collapse though--I can agree with that

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:21 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:03 pm

I can agree with that. But I think they have one to two years left after this with the current NFC

It will eventually collapse though--I can agree with that
I donno if this is 1 and done but next year is gonna be pretty damn tough to hold the team together. Frankly its pretty grim.

2022 NFL cap est 208m

Woods and Kupp 33m
AD 26m
Ramsey 35m
Stafford 23m
Floyd 20m
Whitworth 18m LT
Havenstein 10m RT

notable FA - big names or players that play 60%+ of snaps

Von Miller EDGE
Darious Williams CB
Sony Michel RB
Austin Corbett RG
Odell Beckham Jr. WR
Donte Deayon CB
Brian Allen C
Travin Howard LB
Troy Reeder LB
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:24 pm

Lions & San Fran over the next few years ... give Rams one more year & Dallas should be there next year on talent in NFC ... Green Bay if they can keep the gang together for one more run but don’t see Adams or Aaron being happy with a one year contract

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:31 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:24 pm Lions & San Fran over the next few years ... give Rams one more year & Dallas should be there next year on talent in NFC ... Green Bay if they can keep the gang together for one more run but don’t see Adams or Aaron being happy with a one year contract
The Lions!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: I did not realise this was comedy hour.

Green Bay cap in even worse shape than the Rams. "The gang" comes back, it will completely gut the rest of the roster. I fade this take.

San Fran... just lost with a more playoff-ready QB to this exact team. Hard to squint and see how they'll be better next season.

Dallas, well... "this is our year!" - every year since the mid-90's. Spoiler: It never is.

And I never said this was "Rams vs. the Field". I said "Rams are the odds-on favourite for the NFC in 2022" and I can tell you that early futures in Vegas also agree. Taking the field as if it was the other option is weak-sauce. They are the odds-on favourite. How could they not be? They're in the Superbowl.

This Rams team is an unmitigated success. Windows of contention are never as long as you think they are, in nearly any sport. I applaud the Rams for going all in and recognising the potential of this core, and for swinging and hitting on the Stafford (Ramsey, OBJ, Sony) trade.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:41 pm

they're one of the youngest teams in the nfl. and will get even younger when whitworth retires.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:08 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:41 pm

they're one of the youngest teams in the nfl. and will get even younger when whitworth retires.
The age doesn't really matter given league wide it is around 2 years from oldest to youngest. Age does matter some with the stars.

The odds of either team getting back to the SB is pretty low and the odds of winning back to back is really long so both teams should enjoy. As a fan, I hope for a good game and this one should be really good with a lot of stars on both sides.

The Rams should win but this sure smells like a Bengals upset for some reason. They really have been a team of destiny these playoffs.

In the era parity I am not sure a sustainable model really even exists.

The model that seems to work is best is get a great QB, A Decent Defense, mix in a little luck and maybe a SB is in the cards.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:51 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is less of a home field advantage than you'd assume, given it's a literal home game for LA. Burrow is the face of this SB. AD is the best player, but 9/10 people couldn't ID him if he walked past you on the street.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:23 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:51 pm I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is less of a home field advantage than you'd assume, given it's a literal home game for LA. Burrow is the face of this SB. AD is the best player, but 9/10 people couldn't ID him if he walked past you on the street.
2. Days. To. Go.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:58 am

Legend has it that one day Joe Burrow was sacked 9 times and still won the game.

Is this true?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:49 am

Score prediction time. I'm going Bengals 27-24.

WHO DEY 🐯🍻
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:50 am

19 - 13 Rams.

Go Bengals!!

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:05 am

28 - 24 Rams

Aaron Donald sacks Burrow for the game sealing stop in the 4th quarter.