Super Bowl Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Super Bowl Discussion

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:06 pm

Vendetta wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:46 am Pulling for the Rams in this one. Burrow really bothers me, just something about his attitude needs to be knocked down a peg or two. Plus it's hard to root against Aaron Donald as a future HOFer trying to cement his legacy with a ring, also Matthew Stafford emerging from the Detroit dumpster fire. I'm also lowkey enjoying Eric Weddle's un-retirement during this run and would like to see a solid vet win before settling back into retirement, ditto Andrew Whitworth. I feel like the Rams have the better stories, and, that combined with my dislike of Burrow make my rooting interests an easy choice.
Yes, going undefeated his last year in college and now the SB in his first full healthy season as a pro is just terrible.

No one wants to root for a kid that had to earn everything he has in this world,,,,,when it is so much easier rooting for the Mercenary Built Rams! :biggrin:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:17 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:06 pm
Vendetta wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:46 am Pulling for the Rams in this one. Burrow really bothers me, just something about his attitude needs to be knocked down a peg or two. Plus it's hard to root against Aaron Donald as a future HOFer trying to cement his legacy with a ring, also Matthew Stafford emerging from the Detroit dumpster fire. I'm also lowkey enjoying Eric Weddle's un-retirement during this run and would like to see a solid vet win before settling back into retirement, ditto Andrew Whitworth. I feel like the Rams have the better stories, and, that combined with my dislike of Burrow make my rooting interests an easy choice.
Yes, going undefeated his last year in college and now the SB in his first full healthy season as a pro is just terrible.

No one wants to root for a kid that had to earn everything he has in this world,,,,,when it is so much easier rooting for the Mercenary Built Rams! :biggrin:
Are you saying mercenaries don't earn what they have? And what makes one a mercenary? Is Burrow not paid to play football just like those lousy mercs?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:18 pm

Vendetta wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:46 am my dislike of Burrow
Burrow is pure gold baby, how can you dislike him. His energy/confidence and play have been the main driver in the turn around in Cincy
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:11 pm

you mean the team that was built with one of the highest percentage of home grown players in the league? that team?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:16 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:11 pm

you mean the team that was built with one of the highest percentage of home grown players in the league? that team?
I saw that and it was interesting

Rams couldn't be where they are without drafting well in the mid to late rounds

Also I appreciate their rejection of sunk cost fallacy

Giving Jared Goff that huge contract didn't stop them from realizing he sucks bleep and moving on

Same for Gurley and realizing he's washed

A lesson for dynasty players tbh with drafting players who clearly suck

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:28 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:16 pm

Giving Jared Goff that huge contract didn't stop them from realizing he sucks bleep and moving on

Are you telling me to move on from Royce Freeman? But man...he was worth a first at one point! I can't drop a first.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:59 pm

This line of thinking almost had me drop Penny right before his nice stretch ofo games to close out the season, sometimes conviction or stupidly holding the bag works out.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:19 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:28 pm

Are you telling me to move on from Royce Freeman? But man...he was worth a first at one point! I can't drop a first.
Don't drop Freeman: The Rams are in full win now mode and given their horrid cap situation Freeman is the perfect FA signing this off season and no doubt will resurrect his career and make you and the Duck faithful proud once again! :thumbup:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:37 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:19 pm
Valhalla wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:28 pm

Don't drop Freeman: The Rams are in full win now mode and given their horrid cap situation Freeman is the perfect FA signing this off season and no doubt will resurrect his career and make you and the Duck faithful proud once again! :thumbup:
🤩 I’m gonna have to buy him wherever I can! Think he’s still worth a first maybe or just an early 2nd at this point?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:04 pm

30k fans showed up to PBS for the Bengals Pep Rally/player sendoff.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:36 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:04 pm 30k fans showed up to PBS for the Bengals Pep Rally/player sendoff.
And yet you are sober enough to post! Get out there and have some fun! :thumbup:

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:43 pm

Rams d-line as MVP
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:33 pm

I always root for the underdogs, pulling for Bengals here!!
Also I've watched Donald try and choke 2 too many people this year to cheer for him as much as I used to.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:38 pm

Just saw a stat about money spent in free agency over the last two seasons.

The Rams came in stone motherless last with $36m spent.

The Bengals came in 4th with $172m spent.

It says it all really.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:33 pm I always root for the underdogs, pulling for Bengals here!!
Also I've watched Donald try and choke 2 too many people this year to cheer for him as much as I used to.
If AD is choking them then they surely deserved it.