General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby Shcritters » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:57 pm

mild wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:12 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:19 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:14 am Spiller is fools gold IMO. I don't see it. Very average looking NFL talent to me. Sorry, not sorry. I can't imagine spending an early first on this guy. The 1.01? Gross. Not even in the equation for me.
You're not alone. Watching his film he does seem slow. Perhaps that's a LeVeon-esque approach, but it reads as slow. He runs too upright most of the time also. Makes me wonder how he'll fit through smaller running lanes at the next level. Jury isn't out on him, but I'm not even sold on him at 1.3
I'm with you guys, just based on my initial looks at these guys over the last few weeks. I was excited to boot up the film on the top guys... with Spiller I was just like... :think:

I'd easily take Walker ahead of him, I know that much right now.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way. I watched his highlight tape and came away saying, 'That's it? This is what I'm supposed to be excited about?' I have a feeling I will end up with zero Spiller because everyone else will value him much higher than I do.

To be fair... Hall's highlight tape doesn't exactly blow me away either. He definitely lacks the top-end burst and looking like he's laboring on longer runs. But he comes away looking like a better version of Montgomery to me, which isn't bad. I just think we're all used to seeing the RB1 in a rookie draft vault into the top 5 RB startup range, so that's part of why people are disappointed with this draft class
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:46 pm

Shcritters wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:57 pm
mild wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:12 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:19 am

You're not alone. Watching his film he does seem slow. Perhaps that's a LeVeon-esque approach, but it reads as slow. He runs too upright most of the time also. Makes me wonder how he'll fit through smaller running lanes at the next level. Jury isn't out on him, but I'm not even sold on him at 1.3
I'm with you guys, just based on my initial looks at these guys over the last few weeks. I was excited to boot up the film on the top guys... with Spiller I was just like... :think:

I'd easily take Walker ahead of him, I know that much right now.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way. I watched his highlight tape and came away saying, 'That's it? This is what I'm supposed to be excited about?' I have a feeling I will end up with zero Spiller because everyone else will value him much higher than I do.

To be fair... Hall's highlight tape doesn't exactly blow me away either. He definitely lacks the top-end burst and looking like he's laboring on longer runs. But he comes away looking like a better version of Montgomery to me, which isn't bad. I just think we're all used to seeing the RB1 in a rookie draft vault into the top 5 RB startup range, so that's part of why people are disappointed with this draft class
Spillers appeal is definitely his pass catching skills in a bellcow sized body, I do like his feet as well, moved rather well but not much burst or suddenness. To your point on Hall I agree as well, people always say that it has to be an RB as 1.01 because of the scarcity etc but I just can't bring myself to think these RBs deserve high draft capital. Lots will change but atm I will be desperately trying to trade back or I will likely take one of the WRs at 1.02, and 1.03 that I traded for before the season.

Rondalebaby
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rondalebaby » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:55 pm

Hall and Spiller are gonna run in the 4.45-4.55 range easily, more than enough speed at 215-220 pounds.

Both 20 at the time of the draft, junior declare with 3 years of production and 3 down skill set - don’t overthink it they land second round capital.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:03 am

Rondalebaby wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:55 pm Hall and Spiller are gonna run in the 4.45-4.55 range easily, more than enough speed at 215-220 pounds.

Both 20 at the time of the draft, junior declare with 3 years of production and 3 down skill set - don’t overthink it they land second round capital.
I like Hall. Don't like Spiller. Not drafting a guy I don't like due to that stuff. I'd rather trade out of the pick then take a guy I don't think is that good.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:06 am

I have the 1.06 and 1.07 back to back in this draft, very happy with that. This just isnt a draft where the 1.01 is that big of a deal, 1.01 in a 1 QB you are basically forced into RB regardless of how good they are, this isnt the draft for that as we have said multiple times . If i can land say Drake London and Jameson Williams there i walk away very very happy. A part of me though would love for London to go higher in real life so he gets drafted before 1.06 and Walker fall to me.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:28 am

Depending on who you ask I think there are going to be so many different variations of the top 10 order. That makes this year unpredictable, but also exciting. Do your research and go out and get the guy you want. Bring on the combine!

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:46 pm

Malik Willis genuinely impressive to watch. Seems raw but I am really liking him more everyday.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:04 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:46 pm Malik Willis genuinely impressive to watch. Seems raw but I am really liking him more everyday.
Funnily enough I'm neutral on him, the more I watch the more I'm impressed with his his potential and the more I'm horrified with some of the things he does haha. People gave Lance bleep but I feel Willis is this years Lance with more worrying play, but maybe more impressive legs.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:03 am
Rondalebaby wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:55 pm Hall and Spiller are gonna run in the 4.45-4.55 range easily, more than enough speed at 215-220 pounds.

I like Hall. Don't like Spiller. Not drafting a guy I don't like due to that stuff. I'd rather trade out of the pick then take a guy I don't think is that good.
I mean he was a freshman producer who dominated on the ground and through the air in the SEC with prototypical size/speed

If he gets round 2 capital he pretty much drops into the same bucket profile wise as Cam Akers, Javonte Williams, Joe Mixon, Dalvin Cook types

There is certainly room for tape assessments but prospects like him don't bust often--even if he doesn't pop as well as others with his production
Last edited by StripesOfKC on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:41 pm

My initial take on Spiller is he is a safe RB option with 3 down skills. He may not be a burner but I really like his vision and anticipation of what 2nd level defenders will do. He runs a bit upright but he falls forward and is aggressive. His patience reminds me a bit of L. Bell. His burst looks questionable so I can see many having concerns but with offenses running more spread type formations I am not too concerned. Will be interesting to see how he tests.

Too early for me to rank him but I think he is going to be a high floor player and that is important at the RB position. If he goes to the right team and tests well he may be the 1.1 fantasy pick.

Teams like the Bills, Miami, Rams, Dallas, and Texans could be legit teams of interest in what he brings to the table. If the Giants move off Barkley he could be a target there as well.

Big versatile backs that can catch and pass block are really valuable and tend to play a lot in the NFL. He has red zone ability as well. There is a lot to like about him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:14 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:04 pm
Yarnith wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:46 pm Malik Willis genuinely impressive to watch. Seems raw but I am really liking him more everyday.
Funnily enough I'm neutral on him, the more I watch the more I'm impressed with his his potential and the more I'm horrified with some of the things he does haha. People gave Lance bleep but I feel Willis is this years Lance with more worrying play, but maybe more impressive legs.
What I was watching that I really liked was he ran when it was time to run. A lot of athletic guys maybe hit 2 reads and they sprint off. What is worse though is as they get coached they sit and watch for a read even when a run lane opens for an easy 10 right up the middle. Arm is legit, looks like the best thrower if not the most accurate.

He is raw for sure but I cant help but think he could do a Josh Allen and put it together. I perennially have late picks so am always looking at the back end guys, admittedly biased to that thinking.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:41 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:03 am

I mean he was a freshman producer who dominated on the ground and through the air in the SEC with prototypical size/speed

If he gets round 2 capital he pretty much drops into the same bucket profile wise as Cam Akers, Javonte Williams, Joe Mixon, Dalvin Cook types

There is certainly room for tape assessments but prospects like him don't bust often--even if he doesn't pop as well as others with his production
Yeah, but whenever I go with a guy I don't like for those reasons, it usually backfires. Have to go with my gut. I wouldn't say he dominated, either. Achane had basically as many yards with quite a few less carries. He just doesn't do it for me, what can I say. I wouldn't want to pay what it would take to get him. I also don't think there's any chance Spiller runs sub 4.5. Even pro day numbers sub 4.5, which isn't the same thing as combine, I don't see happening.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:48 am

Spiller will be "CEH" drafted to me. I won't be targeting him, but if he falls to me at a spot then I'll take him. It's that 1.4/1.5 range right now, but easily fluxed once we get more testing numbers. If he happens to go 1.2/1.3 I'm fairly content letting it go, but there's others I'd prefer to have.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:50 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:48 am Spiller will be "CEH" drafted to me. I won't be targeting him, but if he falls to me at a spot then I'll take him. It's that 1.4/1.5 range right now, but easily fluxed once we get more testing numbers. If he happens to go 1.2/1.3 I'm fairly content letting it go, but there's others I'd prefer to have.
Already seeing his comp to Joe Mixon. I would tend to agree if he runs well. They look like body doubles and can both catch plus are adequate as pass blockers when needed.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:45 am

Spiller seems to be polarizing. I see a RB who is good enough to last a few years as a starter in the NFL, but he's definitely not an elite prospect. NFL round 2 seems about right for him on an RB-needy team.