General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tom Brady Retiring

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:54 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:26 am
nathanq42 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:59 pm
Shcritters wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:32 pm Apparently he has a $15M signing bonus that gets paid 4Feb… pretty sure I wouldn’t retire now if waiting a week got me $25M.
That would be a very very scummy move for Brady to pull.

The owners would have 0 recourse if he does retire after this point and collects that bonus? Insane...
It's not a scummy move. Earlier the team asked Brady to restructure his contract so they could pay other players and stay under the cap. He restructured his deal and moved money to this bonus payment date which apparently does not count against the 2021 season salary cap. Basically he's waiting to receive money he would have received already if he had not restructured his contract as TB requested.

I'm the biggest Brady hater on the planet, but this isn't a reason to hate on him. Not even if it wasn't because of a contract restructuring. I'm never going to hate on players grabbing another few million from billionaire owners if they can get it. It's not my money.
Agreed. The amount of times I hear "a contract is a contract" siding with the billionaires is overwhelming. Sounds like him getting this bonus is more than fair.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:12 am

One
More
Year.

A lovely chant.
@PlankMelody

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:30 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:54 am
nathanq42 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:59 pm

That would be a very very scummy move for Brady to pull.

The owners would have 0 recourse if he does retire after this point and collects that bonus? Insane...
It's not a scummy move. Earlier the team asked Brady to restructure his contract so they could pay other players and stay under the cap. He restructured his deal and moved money to this bonus payment date which apparently does not count against the 2021 season salary cap. Basically he's waiting to receive money he would have received already if he had not restructured his contract as TB requested.

I'm the biggest Brady hater on the planet, but this isn't a reason to hate on him. Not even if it wasn't because of a contract restructuring. I'm never going to hate on players grabbing another few million from billionaire owners if they can get it. It's not my money.
Agreed. The amount of times I hear "a contract is a contract" siding with the billionaires is overwhelming. Sounds like him getting this bonus is more than fair.
Yeah fair point, I just couldn't ever imagine hanging on at my job for a huge bonus just to dip out after I collected. But I love my job and company so that is probably where that all stems from. You two have convinced me, I hope Tom gets the bag!
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:44 am

I definitely think he is retiring, even with all of the "he is still thinking about it" reports. He is not still thinking about it. He just wanted to wait until after the conference championships or after the super bowl to announce it, but the news broke first because thats the way of the world now. Keeping secrets is extremely difficult. There is just too much smoke for there not to be fire. He has Giselle breathing down his neck to retire, she has been for like 6 years now. Also The Bucs arent going to be a dream spot like they have been, they have a lot of questions heading into 2022. I have always gotten the feeling he and Arians arent exactly buddy buddy and as we saw with Brady and Bill, brady just doesnt want to deal with that anymore. Things are just different now. And yes some of this is me selfishly just wanting him to sign a 1 day contract and retire as a Pat. Pats fans need to let go of Brady at this point and move into the new era whether they want to or not. I am thinking and hoping that this can happen once brady is done playing.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:30 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:54 am

Yeah fair point, I just couldn't ever imagine hanging on at my job for a huge bonus just to dip out after I collected. But I love my job and company so that is probably where that all stems from. You two have convinced me, I hope Tom gets the bag!
Really? That’s gotta be the most common time of year for turnover in my industry—right after the annual bonus hits the bank account.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:48 am

Gonna be crazy when TB trades Brady to the Raiders, the Raiders trade Carr to someone (TB perhaps???), and then Raiders draft Matt Corral at 1.31 in draft this year.

Josh McDaniels will make it happen.

Or.... none of that.. at all...
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:24 am

Everyone has probably seen by now, but Brady announced his retirement earlier this morning.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:29 am

It is too bad that he couldn't announce it on his schedule. Reporters are just doing their thing though.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:33 am

Tampa looks like a solid spot for a QB to demand a trade for.

NFC South looks pretty awful as a whole, their offensive line is above-average, good weather, and there are pieces to work with on both sides of the ball.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:42 pm

Its truly stunning how valuable he was as a fantasy football player his whole career as well. This is a fantasy football board so we should discuss that. Ya year 1 for fantasy was probably meh but after that every year was solid then in 2007 he became a Qb1 almost every year (aside from 2008 with the ACL). He was probably a staple of a ton of championship winning rosters until the very end which is truly incredible, and he did the old/traditional pocket passing way. Id like to know if anyone had him on their dynasty roster his entire career?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:51 pm

I feel like he could still play as his ability winds down until he is 50, but IMO, very smart to go out basically on top, Tampa is trending down from here with or without Brady. Lots of key offensive pieces to resign/extend/let walk.

I think it is still one of the better destinations for a QB to come to as mentioned before, but I dont think they have that long of a window to play with, unless the salary cap is raised significantly which would alleviate a lot of pressure on that roster. Could you imagine if we could put Brady's mind in a guy like Lamar Jackson? Not saying Lamar is bad, but with his physical gifts and Brady's mental gifts... That is going to be the future of the QB position. Pocket statues like Brady and Manning are not going to be as good going forward compared to the play extension/scramble guys, but the young QBs coming up like Allen/Mahomes/Jackson dont have the mental game like the pocket QBs have. Rodgers and Russ are the blueprint for the perfect QB IMO, enough athleticism to keep a broken play alive, great arm talent and accuracy, superb mental game.

Once these young QBs get some more experience under their belt we are in for some good football
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:42 pm Its truly stunning how valuable he was as a fantasy football player his whole career as well. This is a fantasy football board so we should discuss that. Ya year 1 for fantasy was probably meh but after that every year was solid then in 2007 he became a Qb1 almost every year (aside from 2008 with the ACL). He was probably a staple of a ton of championship winning rosters until the very end which is truly incredible, and he did the old/traditional pocket passing way. Id like to know if anyone had him on their dynasty roster his entire career?
A huge Patriots fan in one of my leagues drafted him as a rookie. Still has him. Brady is obviously his favorite player of all time and would never trade him

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:39 pm

RCogburn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:35 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:42 pm Its truly stunning how valuable he was as a fantasy football player his whole career as well. This is a fantasy football board so we should discuss that. Ya year 1 for fantasy was probably meh but after that every year was solid then in 2007 he became a Qb1 almost every year (aside from 2008 with the ACL). He was probably a staple of a ton of championship winning rosters until the very end which is truly incredible, and he did the old/traditional pocket passing way. Id like to know if anyone had him on their dynasty roster his entire career?
A huge Patriots fan in one of my leagues drafted him as a rookie. Still has him. Brady is obviously his favorite player of all time and would never trade him
thats awesome
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:22 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:39 pm
RCogburn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:35 pm
thats awesome
Epic. The only other player I've given the thought to is Mahomes. Before that I contemplated Luck being my ride or die (technically our startup was after his rookie year though). Sadly that wasn't as long lived as TB12

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:37 pm

Used the whole, Brady hasn’t officially retired debacle to trade Brady for a 23 3rd and 4th.

That said, my name is Gogobradyarm and I’m in shambles.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league