Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:26 am

PFF just posted an article with their dynasty rookie RB rankings for the upcoming class:
https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-footba ... s-erickson

Tyler Allgeier was a surprise to see at RB3. I don’t think I’ve seen him discussed much on here. For those more tuned into prospects at this point in the year, thoughts on him and that ranking?
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:05 am
mild wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:55 pm
Shcritters wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:40 pm Agreed with this. Jerry Jeudy is a great example. He's been hamstrung by situation, and therefore fell a bit in drafts. But if they get a new QB there that can actually... ahem... play QB then his skillset should shine out. It'll be interesting who gets dropped down drafts this year because of perceived bad landing spot.
Prediction: it's going to be whichever WR the Lions take.

They are a lock to spend high capital on a WR with the state of their room.
Early mocks from the likes of Daniel Jeremiah have Burks going early first. I suspect he's the first WR taken, especially after he tests. I'm just praying for a marijuana video or something and he falls to my Raiders. :lol: They'd probably pass on him anyways for a guy that was projected to go in the third round.... Oh wait, Mayock and Gruden are gone. Maybe there is hope that we don't whiff in the first this year.
Is Burks fast enough to be in consideration? You need to run a 4.3 or under to qualify to be a 1st round Raider. /sarcasm

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:26 am PFF just posted an article with their dynasty rookie RB rankings for the upcoming class:
https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-footba ... s-erickson

Tyler Allgeier was a surprise to see at RB3. I don’t think I’ve seen him discussed much on here. For those more tuned into prospects at this point in the year, thoughts on him and that ranking?
I really like his speed and he’s got some quick feet as a big un. I need to see where he tests before he’s over Walker
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:38 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:23 am

Early mocks from the likes of Daniel Jeremiah have Burks going early first. I suspect he's the first WR taken, especially after he tests. I'm just praying for a marijuana video or something and he falls to my Raiders. :lol: They'd probably pass on him anyways for a guy that was projected to go in the third round.... Oh wait, Mayock and Gruden are gone. Maybe there is hope that we don't whiff in the first this year.
Is Burks fast enough to be in consideration? You need to run a 4.3 or under to qualify to be a 1st round Raider. /sarcasm
you never know with 40 times, but he has been clocked running at something like 22.6mph on the field which is pretty close to 4.4 maybe under which is insane for his size.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Maybe this is just me but it seems like the articles written on this site about the incoming rookie players are more positive than some of the stuff im seeing in other places. I love it since i trust the content on here more than i do on twitter or other places. Im pretty invested in this class with 3 first round picks, so its good to see. I think it just points to the reality that while this class isnt 2023 levels of good its still a solid class that is getting looked over.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:56 pm

Shcritters wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:40 pm Agreed with this. Jerry Jeudy is a great example. He's been hamstrung by situation, and therefore fell a bit in drafts. But if they get a new QB there that can actually... ahem... play QB then his skillset should shine out. It'll be interesting who gets dropped down drafts this year because of perceived bad landing spot.

I really think he could be there at the Raiders pick

From Grinding the Mocks (composite of all mock drafts) his EDP is around 20 overall and the WR2 in the class (behind Garrett Wilson) and in line with Olave and London (both 21.3)

If I were an NFL GM I'd pick him first but there will be real questions on his route running

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:41 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:13 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:59 pm

Except Jerry Jeudy is flat out not that good

I wouldn't fade a good WR who walks into a 18-20% target share as a rookie

How many Biletnikoff Award winners have been "flat out not good"?

I'm not saying JJ isn't at partial fault here for his lack of production, but a majority of it falls on the hands of the Denver Organization as a whole.
Except for the part about Tim Patrick being better than him sure

Man can't exceed a 20% target share while playing with a bunch of guys who also can't crack 20% target shares. That's about as "not good" as it gets

Players who are good with bad QBs get stuck in WR2 purgatory like DJ Moore or Terry Mclaurin

Not in WR 5-6+ territory

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:09 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:41 pm

I'm not saying JJ isn't at partial fault here for his lack of production, but a majority of it falls on the hands of the Denver Organization as a whole.

Man can't exceed a 20% target share while playing with a bunch of guys who also can't crack 20% target shares. That's about as "not good" as it gets

Players who are good with bad QBs get stuck in WR2 purgatory like DJ Moore or Terry Mclaurin

Not in WR 5-6+ territory
I mean, he scored as many TD's as Miles Sanders did this year, and people are still high on him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:51 pm

Not in WR 5-6+ territory
I love how lock step we’ve been on Jerry Jeudy we’ve been since day 1 OKC
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:01 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:51 pm

Not in WR 5-6+ territory
I love how lock step we’ve been on Jerry Jeudy we’ve been since day 1 OKC
It's not that I think he sucks/doesn't belong in the NFL

It's that I've never seen a player hold so much value while doing so little. Sutton has had two years without production (one where he was hurt) and is pretty much worthless. Jeudy has had that without any of the WR2 potential Sutton showed in 2019

People just have a massive blindspot when it comes to Alabama players IMO (though I seem to have missed on Waddle and to a lesser extent Smith so maybe there's no one right approach)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:10 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:01 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:51 pm I love how lock step we’ve been on Jerry Jeudy we’ve been since day 1 OKC

It's that I've never seen a player hold so much value while doing so little. Sutton has had two years without production (one where he was hurt) and is pretty much worthless. Jeudy has had that without any of the WR2 potential Sutton showed in 2019

People just have a massive blindspot when it comes to Alabama players IMO (though I seem to have missed on Waddle and to a lesser extent Smith so maybe there's no one right approach)
If Jerry Jeudy gets Aaron Rodgers as his QB somehow, I can assure you that we're going to see some sh*t.

I am shocked that people could watch film of him and come away thinking that he's a bad player.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:51 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:10 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:51 pm I love how lock step we’ve been on Jerry Jeudy we’ve been since day 1 OKC

If Jerry Jeudy gets Aaron Rodgers as his QB somehow, I can assure you that we're going to see some sh*t.

I am shocked that people could watch film of him and come away thinking that he's a bad player.
I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's not that good. He's a disappointment, for sure. Can't hang it all on the QB's.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:51 pm
mild wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:10 pm

I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's not that good. He's a disappointment, for sure. Can't hang it all on the QB's.
Except Denver’s QBs are trash and make no one fantasy relevant. I’ll judge Sutton/Jeudy/fant when they have at least an average qb or better
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Entirely Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:09 pm

fourdeans wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:46 am I'm holding out for Bijan Robinson in 2023.
Wish he had the long speed, but his cuts, agility, and power are nasty. He can catch, too. Looks like another Nick Chubb type player. I just hope he runs sub 4.6. Really hope he's used more in the passing game than Chubb is, too.
Janiel Dones Truther

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Entirely Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby thunderTung » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:09 pm
fourdeans wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:46 am I'm holding out for Bijan Robinson in 2023.
Wish he had the long speed, but his cuts, agility, and power are nasty. He can catch, too. Looks like another Nick Chubb type player. I just hope he runs sub 4.6. Really hope he's used more in the passing game than Chubb is, too.
it'd be cool if he didnt have someone named kareem hunt behind him too
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray