2022 Coaching Carousel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2022 Coaching Carousel

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:54 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 am Brian Flores just got fired … I don’t understand that in the slightest. I guess the Fins are going to remain a dysfunctional organization. Too bad you can’t fire owners.
Sounds like Flores wanted Watson and not Tua, according to Twitter

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:58 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 am Brian Flores just got fired … I don’t understand that in the slightest. I guess the Fins are going to remain a dysfunctional organization. Too bad you can’t fire owners.
Totally agree. This one is stupid. I think his record WITH tua this year was really good.

Plus he won 7 of his last 8.

Shoot. As a giants fan, can Judge immediately and hire Flores. Figure out the GM later. (half kidding)

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:58 am

Flores should go to Houston imo. Has Patriots ties to Caserio, and could get Watson interested in coming back too, as Watson’s main reason for okaying trade to Miami was Flores, as they have some type of relationship. Hmmm.

But yeah, so far, Flores out in Miami but GM staying, Nagy and Pace out in Chicago, Zimmer and Spielman out in Minnesota, Fangio out in Denver, Meyer out in Jacksonville.

Waiting on NY Giants decision, and then see what the other teams in the maybe pile do, Oakland, Seattle, Washington, Carolina, Houston.

Did LA Chargers dislike Staley’s season bungling decisions enough to move on in a fit of rage? Probably not but man he seems incompetent now compared to what we thought he was early season

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 am

Flores will get hired quickly. He should be #1 candidate everywhere.

Wow, Miami is really stupid.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:40 am

Apparently Flores and the GM couldn't get on the same page and all the Watson noise? was from Flores. As a long suffering Dolphins fan I am really disappointed. On the flip side with noise of Harbaugh looking to jump to the NFL again decided Stephen Ross on whose side he was coming down on. Michigan Alum, largest contributor to Michigan, guys got buildings there named after him on campus. Seems like the writing was on the wall for it to happen.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 am

Glad that Nagy AND Pace are gone.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:05 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 am Glad that Nagy AND Pace are gone.
Bears need a major overhaul. I hope they get back to their roots - a stellar defense.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:33 am

JFever wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:16 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am I like Mike Zimmer, but the team just isn't responding to him. They have a ton of talent, this team should be in the playoffs just about every year. They need a new head coach.

I think they should keep Rick Spielman at GM. He's done an excellent job at navigating the draft, adding picks, and getting value in free agency.
Disagree. They do have talent but - they do not have depth. The free agent signings were good in name but not in performance. They were 31st - in defense not so much because of the scheme, but because their severe lack of depth was exposed. This problem and the history of missed picks falls on Speilman's shoulders.

The Vikings offensive coordinator seemed to be in over his head. Zimmer's hands were handcuffed from the beginning. I'm sure he will be fired but in my opinion - the blame doesn't deservedly fall on him. With Cousins set to take up 21% of their cap, the new coaching staff / GM will be in a tough spot.
There’s some hinting at a restructure for cousins already. Even if not, not like there’s a bunch of years left. I don’t see that deal as too big a burden for the next FO to take on.

On the OC, I don’t know what to think yet. Was Zimmer handcuffed? Or was OC being told to play conservative, like Stefansky before him? Dunno.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:55 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:05 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 am Glad that Nagy AND Pace are gone.
Bears need a major overhaul. I hope they get back to their roots - a stellar defense.
I think Brian Daboll would be a smart option in Chicago. His work with Josh Allen could serve as a template for Fields.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:07 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:51 am I'd love to see Seattle move on from Pete. Not opposed to keepIng him in the organization because he has a great energy. But as a HC he is failing to keep up with the NFL and that is hurting the team big time
Russell basically has to get out of Seattle. It seems like they won't fire Carroll.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 am

:doh:
I got a little off the Flores bandwagon this season, but he deserved one more year to see if his plan could deliver.

For the owner to fire the coach and announce a 1.05 QB as a maybe/maybe-not starter, is the picture-perfect definition of dysfunctional. Chris Grier better be right about this decision or the Dolphins are going to suffer for a long time.
Fezzik wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:58 am Plus he won 7 of his last 8.
While it's exciting to see my team go on a run like that, I have to admit Flores' biggest delivery always seems to be coming up just short of success. I think he's a good coach, but something always seemed a little off about personnel and usage. Maybe he and Grier really didn't get along and that revealed itself in Grier stocking the roster with players Flores didn't want.

I think Flores deserves a second (better) chance with a GM he meshes well with. Maybe that's NY?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:32 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 am
While it's exciting to see my team go on a run like that, I have to admit Flores' biggest delivery always seems to be coming up just short of success. I think he's a good coach, but something always seemed a little off about personnel and usage. Maybe he and Grier really didn't get along and that revealed itself in Grier stocking the roster with players Flores didn't want.

I think Flores deserves a second (better) chance with a GM he meshes well with. Maybe that's NY?
Geez man. I'd take your problems in a minute. Giants are the biggest walking disaster ever but it looks like they're keeping Judge for the moment at least. Can't understand why.

I just think if you're gonna fire a guy no matter what after he goes 2-7 or whatever, why wait until he rips off a 7-1 stretch to do it?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:36 am

Fezzik wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:32 am

Geez man. I'd take your problems in a minute. Giants are the biggest walking disaster ever but it looks like they're keeping Judge for the moment at least. Can't understand why.

I just think if you're gonna fire a guy no matter what after he goes 2-7 or whatever, why wait until he rips off a 7-1 stretch to do it?
NYG isn't the best litmus test. It's crazy to me that they're basically just running it back like they have anything to build off of this year, but regardless.

On the surface, the Flores firing looks like a bad move. Seems like he had some internal/organizational issues more than on-field issues, which must be why they let him go and would help justify it to me.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:42 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:36 am
Fezzik wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:32 am

NYG isn't the best litmus test. It's crazy to me that they're basically just running it back like they have anything to build off of this year, but regardless.

On the surface, the Flores firing looks like a bad move. Seems like he had some internal/organizational issues more than on-field issues, which must be why they let him go and would help justify it to me.
Yeah if coach and GM are butting heads, owner has to decide who he wants to go with and fire the other. Honestly if that is the case it might be the best course of action (I personally would have kept Flores but I also don't own the Dolphins and Im way less knowledgeable that the owner, nor do I know the relationships involved)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:55 am

So with info coming to light everyone take a journey with me about Flores ( I am/was? a fan of him as a coach).
(put on your tinfoil hats)

Miami enters the season a contender with high hopes but questions about Tua. Watson drama swirls and he is on the trade market.

They win week 1 they beat NE. then slide 7 straight losses. Flores pounds the desk for a Watson trade, no confidence in Tua. Watson agrees to remove no trade clause only if traded to Miami to play for Flores.

Week 9 Trade deadline passes, Watson is still a Texan and Miami GM appears to have "won" the argument of Tua vs Watson with Flores. Miami rips off 8-1 for the rest of the season, including the Ravens, Saints and Pats again.

Magically the Dolphins start winning as soon as Flores is "stuck" with Tua, a QB he doesn't feel he can win with apparently, as soon as Watson is off the table for the year. I am not saying Flores was trying to "prove" his point about Tua to force the move for Watson but it does line up that way doesn't it lol!

(you can take your foil hats off now)

In all seriousness Denver should hire Flores immediately. He knows how to make a winning culture and fast. He also just happens to bring a Watson trade to the Broncos and they are immediately legit contenders. Assuming Watson plays of course.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu