Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Anteaters » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:37 pm Like I said, Ryan Mathews all over again
:( :(
As disappointed as I am in Sander's Frequent Injury tag, comparing him to Mathews seems like a low blow. Not saying you're very wrong, but I hope Sanders has a better career than that.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:44 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:44 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:37 pm Like I said, Ryan Mathews all over again
As disappointed as I am in Sander's Frequent Injury tag, comparing him to Mathews seems like a low blow. Not saying you're very wrong, but I hope Sanders has a better career than that.
Comparing Mathews to Sanders is a low blow to Mathews. Mathews at least has 2 1000 yard rushing seasons. AND he has never gone an entire season without a touchdown, even in his worst year. Sanders is a scrub. The man ran out of bounds when we needed to wind down the clock and he complains about fans. His head is not in the game. Boston Scott will be a better RB for this team.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:05 am

It's a low blow, and Sanders can't endure many more of those

El Guapo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby El Guapo » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:23 am

I like Miles Sanders as a player. He has overall good running ability and has been efficient with his carries in his career. But, he seems to be hurt constantly and for whatever reason, seems to be rubbing the Eagles coaching staffs (this year and previous) the wrong way. How is it even possible to not have a single td with almost 800 yards rushing and 26 receptions on the season? I traded for him in 1 dynasty league earlier this year after I lost Akers, Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Justice Hill, and Jeff Wilson because I was desperate for a running back that I thought was a breakout candidate in 2021. I used him the first 2 weeks after acquiring him because I had few options outside of Sanders opposite Jonathan Taylor, but when I was able to start acquiring more rb help, Sanders became a guy stuck at the end of my bench as someone I couldn't use, couldn't trade for decent value, and couldn't cut because of the investment in him and his forever ongoing (potential). Maybe he'll have more success if he moves to a different team in the future, but he's already hit the do or die point of his career.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:56 pm

Like I just said....Scott is a better RB for this team.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:04 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:05 am It's a low blow, and Sanders can't endure many more of those
:lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:07 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:44 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:44 pm
Comparing Mathews to Sanders is a low blow to Mathews. Mathews at least has 2 1000 yard rushing seasons. AND he has never gone an entire season without a touchdown, even in his worst year. Sanders is a scrub. The man ran out of bounds when we needed to wind down the clock and he complains about fans. His head is not in the game. Boston Scott will be a better RB for this team.
Apparently this is not a one off thing. Search Twitter and you'll find Eagles fans, and blue checks alike complaining (in different months, so ongoing complaint) he runs out of bounds far too often when they are trying to kill clock.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:45 pm

Sanders is obviously more talented than Scott. He's just hurt all the time.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:19 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:45 pm Sanders is obviously more talented than Scott. He's just hurt all the time.
163 touches in 2021 - 0 TD's (12 career TDs on 580 career touches)
100 touches in 2021 - 7 TD's (14 career TDs on 290 career touches)

I think you should re-evaluate your definition of "more talented". As Belichick says, the best ability is availability. These TD numbers are just icing on the cake. Scott is our second coming of Darren Sproles. PUT HIM IN!!!!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:46 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:19 pm
MFundercover wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:45 pm Sanders is obviously more talented than Scott. He's just hurt all the time.

I think you should re-evaluate your definition of "more talented". As Belichick says, the best ability is availability. These TD numbers are just icing on the cake. Scott is our second coming of Darren Sproles. PUT HIM IN!!!!
I don't disagree that Scott has been productive, but careful with the small sample size analysis. We could also make the argument that Howard is the best Philly RB based on his 406yards at 4.7ypa compared to Scott's 373yards at 4.3ypa.

I think we can all agree that Howard is not the best Philly RB.

Scott is a prime sell high if anyone will buy from me and I want very little to do with Sanders.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:14 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:46 pm
The MAC Machine wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:19 pm

I don't disagree that Scott has been productive, but careful with the small sample size analysis. We could also make the argument that Howard is the best Philly RB based on his 406yards at 4.7ypa compared to Scott's 373yards at 4.3ypa.

I think we can all agree that Howard is not the best Philly RB.

Scott is a prime sell high if anyone will buy from me and I want very little to do with Sanders.
I understand the overarching point you are making about small sample sizes. HOWEVER, in 3 years AS A STARTER Sanders has LESS TD's than a backup with less touches. Thats a huge indictment against Sanders. As far as Howard goes, I will honestly say that his production over the last few years has been more of a reflection of teams misusing him than his actual talent. All Sanders has on Scott and Howard is pedigree. But I can argue that Scott and Howard together are a more effective tandem for the Eagles than trying to make Sanders a workhorse.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:50 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:14 pm I understand the overarching point you are making about small sample sizes. HOWEVER, in 3 years AS A STARTER Sanders has LESS TD's than a backup with less touches. Thats a huge indictment against Sanders. As far as Howard goes, I will honestly say that his production over the last few years has been more of a reflection of teams misusing him than his actual talent. All Sanders has on Scott and Howard is pedigree. But I can argue that Scott and Howard together are a more effective tandem for the Eagles than trying to make Sanders a workhorse.
Personally, I think you should go out and buy Boston Scott for -whatever- the other owner is asking for, heck, see if you can do the same with Howard too, and then change your avatar to a picture of one of them.

Not anyone else, mind you. Just you. And then rename your profile to "Boston's Scotts, Not too Complex" or some-such.

These are not great Running Backs. They are all as good as each other, and each of them varies somewhere between "good" and "fine".

The offensive line is the star in Philadelphia; they got another monstrous season out of Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce. Running next to the 2nd most dangerous rushing QB in the league opens holes that are not there on other teams. Committing to supreme volume running as your primary offensive identity does wonders for RB stats, too.

If any of these guys were -so- good that they forced the coaching staff into giving them majority shares of the rushing workload, then perhaps there'd be something to sit up and take notice of. As it stands, they were all as good as each other, were played largely as a platoon, and none of them could stay healthy enough to seize the job for any longer than a few weeks at a time.

You should definitely go buy the whole bundle at cost, Godwin Complex. No chance they add another runner next year, I'm sure of it. It'll work out great. Boston Scott to the mooooooon! /s

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:56 pm

Boston Scott lol

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Regardless of trying to rank the Eagles RB's; I believe the majority are no longer High on Miles Sanders. He gets hurt a lot, is not a bell cow type back, and the coaches seem content to keep it that way.

He simply isn't worth much in fantasy these days given his track record. Doesn't mean he can't play but he has a ton of risk overall which holds down his value big time.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:00 pmHe gets hurt a lot
he has a ton of risk overall which holds down his value big time.
In a nutshell, that's it 100%.

I usually avoid players who are frequently injured. Prior to the 2021 season, I was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding injuries. Sanders' 2021 season was enough to earn him the Injury Prone tag from me. I'm now selling him for whatever I can get.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser