Is my commish cheating or am I wrong.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is my commish cheating or am I wrong.

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:41 pm

I have no idea if it's cheating or collusion, but at bare minimum he's knowingly taking advantage of an owner (inexperienced?) who doesn't know what he's doing, which commissioners should not do.

This is how leagues end up folding. I would just leave at the end of the season.

In a perfect situation, both the commish and the 3-10 owner would leave the league.

floods
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby floods » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:10 pm

In the first league, the 22 1.03 is probably on the wrong side with Jonathan Taylor being the defacto 1.01 OVA in dynasty at the current moment.

But it really depends on who offered the trade.

This is work-redraft-league-trade-rape level bad. This kind of stuff happened in a redraft league I was in, by the commish. I won the league in spite of the trade rape and promptly left the league after collecting the winnings. It's up to you if you think the parity can be redeemed in your league.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:07 am

abloom wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:57 pm There are a bunch of things that need to be addressed here:

They made a trade in may 2020.

(I also complained a little over this one because i thought back then It make little seense for the bad team)

3-10 owner gets
Jonnu Smith TE NE (rank: 28-252)
2021 1st round pick 1.10 (used on Isaiah McKenzie)
2021 1st round pick 1.11 (used on Tony Pollard)
2022 1st round pick 1.12 #12
2022 2nd round pick 2.2 #14
2022 3rd round pick 3.12 #36

Commish gets:
2020 1st round pick 1.03 J. Taylor
2020 3rd round pick 3.03 KeShawn Vaughn
2021 1st round pick 1.03 (this was used in another trade to get Dalvin Cook.
So this was actually:
Jonnu, 2x 21 1st, 1x 22 1st, 22 2nd, and 22 3rd

For
2020 1.03, 3.03, 21 1st

It's not a good trade but it's nothing egregious.

The biggest problem is that the team that is worse is not drafting great talent and looks like he needs help understanding dynasty. Though I will say, pollard looks good. The fact that the 21 1st ended up becoming the 1.03 and then traded for cook isn't really a factor here.
I think you are understating how bad that trade was.
That he traded for Cook is not a factor, I agree
But trading his future 1sts, when there was a 50/50 chance of it becomming 1.01 in the season Lawrence comes out is bad. And why would any rebuilding team ever sell 2 high 1st, for 3 very late 1st, a 2nd and Jonnu.

New trade.

3-10 owner gets:
Derrick Henry IR

Juggernut gets:
2022 2nd Juggernuts own, most likely 2.01 (snakedraft)
2023 3-10 owners 1st
2024 3-10 owners 1st

If you are a contender i could under stand the overpay.
But for a bad team it makes zero seens (even if he uses his 1sts on Isaiah McKenzie and Tony pollard)
Okay first things first. Why the hell is the rookie draft a snake draft? There is no reason it should be snake. It should be in reverse order of end of season standings just like the actual NFL draft. The fact that this isn't an issue in your league leads me to believe that this is a group that is entirely inexperienced and really plays redraft more. Now onto the trade. This is a perfectly fine trade. The firsts are a couple years out and Henry is going to be coming back next year if not at the end of this year. The 3-10 owner can then flip Henry again if they want.
Again why whould a rebuilding team buy an almost 28 year old RB, with 1500 Att, on IR just so he can flip next year ??

If he was cheap i guess, but this was NOT cheap.
If it was an owner who was 1 player away from winning, so you get the lowest 2nd there problably will be, and 2 late 1sts, I would get it.

But the 2 1st, is extremely likely to become top 4 picks, maybe 5 if everything lines up.
The juggernut owner is huge i to college football and is well aware of how good the 2023 draft could be, aswell as the one with Taylor.

The 3-10 owner is playing in his first dynasty league I think.
And the last thing, they are good friends
That's on the 3-10 owner and you. Give the 3-10 owner some resources, the fact that you haven since may 2020 is all on you.
Its on me ? Im the only one saying anything, everyone else is just doing nothing.
Tell me guys, am I wrong. ??
Is this just 2 unluckey trades that happend to fall out to the juggernut, or is there something else going on.
Okay, you're wrong. The trades themself were not great but they were nothing egregious. The real issue is that it appears that the dynasty league does not have knowledgeable owners or owners that wish to share resources. You should either help the less knowledgeable members by suggesting resources such as websites, podcasts, or forums (hey DLF is a great source for all this) or you should politely bow out of the league and find one that is more competitive. You can probably find some openings in the DLF forums as well.
[/quote]
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:21 am

abloom wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:03 pm
runCMC wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:31 pm Tbh the guy who’s 3-10 making terrible deals should be booted from the league. He’s the problem. Though also agree the commish should know better.

I’m in a league where two guys have hoovered up all the talent through awful trade offers. Just spam until something gets accepted. Don’t like the way they go about it but it’s also on the other teams who are accepting those terrible deals
This is terrible advice and really horrible for the dynasty community as a whole. More experienced people should be helping new people to grow the community. That is what these forums are for and it should be your duty to expand the community not boot out new people.
Im not the commish, I can't boot anyone. But I agree, he should be helped

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams

runCMC
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby runCMC » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:47 am

abloom wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:03 pm
runCMC wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:31 pm Tbh the guy who’s 3-10 making terrible deals should be booted from the league. He’s the problem. Though also agree the commish should know better.

I’m in a league where two guys have hoovered up all the talent through awful trade offers. Just spam until something gets accepted. Don’t like the way they go about it but it’s also on the other teams who are accepting those terrible deals
This is terrible advice and really horrible for the dynasty community as a whole. More experienced people should be helping new people to grow the community. That is what these forums are for and it should be your duty to expand the community not boot out new people.
If it wasn’t a money league, I wouldn’t be saying to boot him. But if there’s a player in a money league who is making multiple bad trades with one other person because it’s the person they know and they don’t know better, they are very harmful to the league.

I do think to be in a money league, you do need to be at least somewhat experienced.
12 Team 1QB IDP 2rb2wr1te2fl | ‘22 Champion

QB: Allen, Geno, Jones
RB: Barkley, Javonte, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, Gus, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Hollywood, Thornton, Metchie
TE: Hockenson, Henry, McBride

No '23 or '24 picks

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:24 am

If you think your getting cheated.... It's probably not fun. I'd just leave the league. Been there, and done that. There are so many leagues out there that you have 0 reason to stay in a league that "eats" at you.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:50 am

So in the leagues I am in, if I can make a trade that benefits me I really don't give a crap how bad it is for the other owner...we are all adults and unless its collusion (and in my case it never is) then people need to just deal with it.

HOWEVER...in leagues I am the commish it is my job to worry about the balance of the league so I never do lopsided trades. In some cases when someone offers me a deal and its heavy in my favor I will counter with a deal better for the other owner. As a commish you have an extra responsibility and it seems like this guy isn't living up to that.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:49 am

Well, after a bit of back and forth with this commish, I woke up the next day, kicked out of the league.

So thats how that turned out.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:59 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:49 am Well, after a bit of back and forth with this commish, I woke up the next day, kicked out of the league.

Well that's a huge red flag. Hopefully the rest of the league sees it and runs

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:13 am

Probably for the best. Go find a good league now.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:41 am

slaughterrt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:13 am Probably for the best. Go find a good league now.
Think of it as a blessing in disguise, saving inevitable future headache and sunk time.

This league is never getting better with that dude at the helm.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:27 am

Send a link to this thread to you former league mates so they can see the truth. Or let them lose for years while the commish slimes by.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:47 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:49 am Well, after a bit of back and forth with this commish, I woke up the next day, kicked out of the league.

Well that escalated quickly...

I agree with others that it's for the best for you. Frees you of the yoke of this league and to find a better league.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:12 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:27 am Send a link to this thread to you former league mates so they can see the truth. Or let them lose for years while the commish slimes by.
100 percent. Also, what was the reason for him kicking you out? Since you paid your league dues, unless there is a bylaw that you broke that states he has the right to kick you out for breaking it, you're entitled to your league dues back IMO, if you were a playoff team, and had a shot at money.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:27 am

Couldn't be any more incriminating on the commish's part.