Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:46 pm

He has the bye week this week to heal up, but I don't see how anyone has confidence in his body holding up at this point.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:05 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:46 pm He has the bye week this week to heal up, but I don't see how anyone has confidence in his body holding up at this point.
Some guys just aren't built for it. Nothing to do with BMI or being too small, either. Some guys hold up to the wear and tear of the NFL better than others.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:56 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:46 pm He has the bye week this week to heal up, but I don't see how anyone has confidence in his body holding up at this point.
Or his vision magically improving. He still can't -really- pick his way through the tackles, and still misses holes that Jordan Howard and Boston Scott readily see-and-hit.

It's year 3. Turns 25 in 2022. We know who he is.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:07 am

Wishful thinking. I don't put him on the level of those guys who suffer more serious injuries, but Miles does suffer a lot of less serious injuries too often for me to be comfortable with. Because they haven't been the more debilitating types of injuries, I keep hope alive that the injuries won't create deep lasting effects. But every subsequent minor injury chips away at that hope.

I see Swift on a similar injury trajectory and I'm hoping both avoid it.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:30 am

he didn't look that badly hurt right after the game

but yeah he does get dinged up frequently.

Rondalebaby
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rondalebaby » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:30 pm

Why does this vision narrative still exist lol

He averages 4.97 ypc from 455 career attempts.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Rondalebaby wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:30 pm Why does this vision narrative still exist lol

He averages 4.97 ypc from 455 career attempts.
He was pretty bad with that as a rookie but has steadily improved each season. Even if he's not Nick Chubb (or even Jordan Howard) he's still come a looong way.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:58 pm

I think Sanders is having one of the most unlucky fantasy seasons I can remember.

First off, I think fantasy owners need to realize a good deal of production is luck. Luck is a trigger word for some, so maybe variance is the better way to phrase it.

Consider this - Sanders is playing ~65% of RB snaps on the season when healthy, which is above average across the league. He's played 9 full games, is averaging 5.2 yards per carry, and Philadelphia RBs have accounted for 12 touchdowns on the season. His per-17 game pace is 2015/1100 with another 45/280 through the air and we're all aware of how underutilized he was during the first 2 months of the season. And yet somehow he has zero TDs. Some people blame Sanders, some blame Hurts, some blame Sirianni. Its also very likely that he's just been really unlucky and really on the wrong side of variance this season.

No player in the NFL has more than 67 touches without a TD. And Sanders has 135 without one, meaning he has more touches than the next 2 scoreless players combined! Sh!t, he could have 5 TDs right now and I'd argue he's probably due a couple more. I'd also like to add that his IR stint happened to coincide with perhaps the juiciest schedule of run defenses in the league (no wonder his backups feasted in his absence).

Hurt early against the Raiders (29th against RBs) then misses games against the Lions (27th), Chargers (29th), and Broncos (13th). All while facing one of the hardest slates of run defenses during the first 6 weeks (Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Carolina are all top8 against RBs).

Bottom line is he's been extremely effective (more efficient than any RB on the team) but has just been really unlucky in the TD department. Yeah it sucks, and it might not change over the next few weeks in time to salvage his/your season. But all of these takes about ineffectiveness, inconsistency, poor vision, not a starter type takes are just not it.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:13 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:58 pm I think Sanders is having one of the most unlucky fantasy seasons I can remember.

First off, I think fantasy owners need to realize a good deal of production is luck. Luck is a trigger word for some, so maybe variance is the better way to phrase it.

Consider this - Sanders is playing ~65% of RB snaps on the season when healthy, which is above average across the league. He's played 9 full games, is averaging 5.2 yards per carry, and Philadelphia RBs have accounted for 12 touchdowns on the season. His per-17 game pace is 2015/1100 with another 45/280 through the air and we're all aware of how underutilized he was during the first 2 months of the season. And yet somehow he has zero TDs. Some people blame Sanders, some blame Hurts, some blame Sirianni. Its also very likely that he's just been really unlucky and really on the wrong side of variance this season.

No player in the NFL has more than 67 touches without a TD. And Sanders has 135 without one, meaning he has more touches than the next 2 scoreless players combined! Sh!t, he could have 5 TDs right now and I'd argue he's probably due a couple more. I'd also like to add that his IR stint happened to coincide with perhaps the juiciest schedule of run defenses in the league (no wonder his backups feasted in his absence).

Hurt early against the Raiders (29th against RBs) then misses games against the Lions (27th), Chargers (29th), and Broncos (13th). All while facing one of the hardest slates of run defenses during the first 6 weeks (Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Carolina are all top8 against RBs).

Bottom line is he's been extremely effective (more efficient than any RB on the team) but has just been really unlucky in the TD department. Yeah it sucks, and it might not change over the next few weeks in time to salvage his/your season. But all of these takes about ineffectiveness, inconsistency, poor vision, not a starter type takes are just not it.
I was with you throughout. High touch count but no TDs is an aberration compared to all other NFL players, and missing a sweet part of their schedule just as they decide to feature the run, giving an opportunity for his backups to flourish. It'd be interesting to compare his TD rate in previous years, as well as the TD rate of other players this year with similar touch counts.

But, it is theoretically possible for him to be effective/efficient AND for him to have average/sub-par/non-elite/below-average/poor (or however you wanna put it) vision. I also got the sense the criticisms are more focused on his overall career and projecting going forward, rather than just this year (and his backups doing well against cupcake opponents).
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:25 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:58 pm I think Sanders is having one of the most unlucky fantasy seasons I can remember.

:!:
Facts, all the way down.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:22 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:13 pm

I was with you throughout. High touch count but no TDs is an aberration compared to all other NFL players, and missing a sweet part of their schedule just as they decide to feature the run, giving an opportunity for his backups to flourish. It'd be interesting to compare his TD rate in previous years, as well as the TD rate of other players this year with similar touch counts.

But, it is theoretically possible for him to be effective/efficient AND for him to have average/sub-par/non-elite/below-average/poor (or however you wanna put it) vision. I also got the sense the criticisms are more focused on his overall career and projecting going forward, rather than just this year (and his backups doing well against cupcake opponents).
I mean, he finally got a goal line carry last week and his shoe came off behind the los. Thats his season in a nutshell.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:19 pm

As long as Sirianni is coach and Hurts is qb Sanders upside will be severely capped. With those 2 guys I wouldn't feel comfortable having Sanders unless he is my rb3 or 4. Siriano is garbage and is an idiot and Hurts is gonna steal carries especially near goal line.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:29 pm

Kelldon wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:19 pm As long as Sirianni is coach and Hurts is qb Sanders upside will be severely capped. With those 2 guys I wouldn't feel comfortable having Sanders unless he is my rb3 or 4. Siriano is garbage and is an idiot and Hurts is gonna steal carries especially near goal line.
Citation needed for "Siriano is garbage and is an idiot"

Keen for your reasoning on both spelling and statement. :lol:

(But secretly not really, seems like you're just keen to stroll narrative street)

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:06 pm

Have you seen or listened to any press conference with Sirianni? From using rock, paper, scissors during draft process to determine competivenes to comparing team to a flower. Dude is a complete joke. Anyone who has watched the Eagles or listened to Sirianni talk know he is a fool.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:13 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't consider his "vision" one of his core strengths, but I think people in this thread blaming his poor production on vision or instincts or lack of talent or that he's more of a timeshare RB are just incorrect.

He's averaging 5.2 yards per carry this season, is averaging 5.0 yards per carry for his career (on nearly 500 attempts), and his worst season running the ball was 4.6 yards per carry (as a rookie). I think the narrative early on in his career was that the vision was questionable, but he would counter that with some explosive plays that few RBs could make (I remember at least 2 80+ yard runs last year).

Oddly enough, those explosive "to-the-house" plays haven't even happened this year to buoy his numbers, his longest rush of the season is 34 yards. But he's still ripping off long runs, having a 20+ yard run in 6 of 9 (non-injury) games. That's seriously impressive considering J. Taylor, putting up a historical season, has a 20+ yard run in "only" 7 of 13 games. A. Ekeler has one in only 3 of 13 games. Dalvin Cook just 4 of 10 games. Derrick Henry just 3 of 8.

I get it that he's hard to trust, but he screams like the ultimate buy-low - whether that be for a championship push (if things come together and TD regression hits, he could have top5 potential over the next month), or banking on his talent/production landing him in a better situation in the future.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid