The Dalvin Cook Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Dalvin Cook

Postby murphysxm » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:23 am

So legitmate question, how come we haven't heard from the other person, the guest? I would think they could clear some things up
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:32 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:23 am So legitmate question, how come we haven't heard from the other person, the guest? I would think they could clear some things up
I'd imagine there's much more information to come, just hasn't been made public yet. Police likely have spoken to the guest by now.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:10 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:23 am So legitmate question, how come we haven't heard from the other person, the guest? I would think they could clear some things up
If the guest {or guests as some reports have said} has any brains at all, they'll simply provide info to police and lawyers as necessary and stay as far away from any camera or public statement as they can!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:56 pm

Wouldn't said guest be a friend of Dalvins? I'm not sure his testament would be 100% truthful

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:56 pm
Wouldn't said guest be a friend of Dalvins? I'm not sure his testament would be 100% truthful
it's been awhile, said guest could be a bud, an ex girlfriend, lots of possibilities. To your point, yes the story the tell may be jaded one way or another.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:20 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 pm
it's been awhile, said guest could be a bud, an ex girlfriend, lots of possibilities. To your point, yes the story the tell may be jaded one way or another.
Yeah I keep forgetting this was all a year ago. Which clouds everything more to me. Why didn't it all come out then??

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:20 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Yeah I keep forgetting this was all a year ago. Which clouds everything more to me. Why didn't it all come out then??

From what I've seen, it did. It was reported to the police and to the NFL at that time and both determined it was a big nothing-burger...

But it resurfaced now, a year later, when the lady made it public and filed a lawsuit against Cook, and Cook's lawyer issued a public statement calling it a money grab and that Cook was the victim, then of being assaulted in his own home, and now of extortion.

Honestly I don't know what to believe, but this reminds me of a few years ago when people jumped to conclusions when there was supposedly a video of Dez Bryant in a Wal Mart parking lot. I'll hold off let the courts (if applicable) and the league determine what is the case.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:59 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:20 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:29 am
cazzie33 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 am Purely opinion on my part but my hypothesis is Cook received demand for hush money and his legal team wanted to get ahead of the situation so did a pre-emptive lawsuit. Create a he said / she said knowing that these pictures & messages are out there. Perhaps a strategy that is good in a court of law but in the court of public opinion the evidence isn’t looking good for Dalvin. Especially in today’s climate where the new NFL has become a-woke culture conscience
I hate the gentrification of the word "woke".

What's "woke" about holding someone accountable for beating a woman, if it's proven that they beat a woman?
Nothing in the context you used the word in your question. The reality is "woke: is also commonly used to vilify individuals without any evidence at all.

I hate the words "safe space" as an example but I guess we both have to live with them until Groovy or Confab comes back or some new phrase comes along and pushes these terms to the side.

The good news is it will happen!
Purposely left it open for interpretation to see what discussion would be had. Society is divided into separate camps where “woke” culture is long overdue & others where they long for “simpler days “ and are weary of the “cancel culture” .

My view is always wait until the facts are known or at least as much as can be known before jumping to conclusions. Said as much when everybody almost had Tyreek banned for life. Assuming I condone Dalvin’s “alleged” act is what you wanted to read into it. I merely stated the new NFL is far more image conscious and wanting to distance themselves from their past image of covering up the old “boys will be boys” that covered for STAR players off the field escapades.

As a father of 3 daughters Dalvin would need to be worried about more than what will the NFL do to him. As for Tyreek I heard the audio where he told his child’s mother that she “needs to be afraid of him “ and traded him away for whatever anyone wanted to give in the next 48 hrs. Turned out to be a mid 3rd so we did the deal. Since then he’s stayed out of trouble and done some fine things in the community so hoping he’s turned the corner & learned from his experiences . Hill didn’t offer a buyout / hush money deal to make his problems go away (as far as we know) and there wasn’t enough evidence to support child abuse allegations. He got counseling and all we can do is hope he was sincere. Not a fan of his but he’s allowed to play & that’s what it is.

If that had happened today he’d be on team pd leave or commish exempt list like Watson.Deshaun hasn’t been convicted of anything (yet) but it’s a new NFL was all I was pointing out

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm

no one has asked if he'll ever play again? the selective outrage is so real

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm no one has asked if he'll ever play again? the selective outrage is so real
How so? Every situation is different. This isn't the same situation as Watson, or Hill for example. Also, some may be more wary to jump to conclusions and what the results may be after something like the Hill incident. Not sure who you're pointing fingers at, here, or why.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm no one has asked if he'll ever play again? the selective outrage is so real
How so? Every situation is different. This isn't the same situation as Watson, or Hill for example. Also, some may be more wary to jump to conclusions and what the results may be after something like the Hill incident. Not sure who you're pointing fingers at, here, or why.
generally, I hate hypocrisy and I am bummed my point isn't super obvious. I do believe all those itt so far do actually wait to jump to conclusions and I respect that, they are not my target.

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

How many more years of RB1 play do you suppose Dalvin has?

Postby Mr. Wizard » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:31 pm

I play in a salary cap league and I've got Dalvin Cook currently on the franchise tag. I could free up a little room by offering him an extension, which would keep him on my team for four more years rather than just this upcoming one. I'm fairly certain that by the end of that, like in 2025, it'd be ugly money, but if one supposes he could be a valued starter on a contending roster for another 2-3 years, might be worth it to just commit and worry about bad money three years from now when that arrives. That's currently what I'm doing with Derrick Henry, so that's either a reason not to do it with Dalvin too, or to just go "in for a penny, in for a pound" and lock them both up through the end, basically.

Really, the question is more if we feel the guy is gonna go Gurley right off a cliff in the next season or two, so I wanted to take the community's pulse on his lifespan.
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Williams (5), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2)
IR:
Future Picks: 2024 2.12, 3.12, 3.6, 3.12 -- 2025 no picks -- 2026 2nd 3rd 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Achane, Swift, Herbert, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Allen, Nuk, Jeudy, Cooks, Dotson, Shakir, Bourne, Davis, Moore
TE: Hockenson, Knox, Johnson, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 2024 3.02, 3.10, 3.11 -- 2025 2nd 3rd -- 2026 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: How many more years of RB1 play do you suppose Dalvin has?

Postby Anteaters » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:40 pm

I predict Dalvin has already played his final season that ends with him being a RB1. At most, he has one more RB1 season remaining. He may have two seasons where his ppg are top12, but I don't predict any more seasons where he ends in the T12 on total points. For instance, in 2021, Dalvin finished RB14 in total points, but RB9 for ppg.

The question is not whether you should get out, but can you get enough so that getting out is your best option? Often we have to hold a declining RB because the offers are so low it makes sense to hold and hope for one more difference-making season.

If I received a good offer, I'd take it and run. Otherwise, hope you are truly contending - then his ppg performance might be enough to help you if you're still contending/playing in the final weeks & playoffs. But if I'm not a contender or if I'm a pretender (and I know it) then I'm trying hard to move Dalvin.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:49 pm

1.5 years would be my bet. Hes been a fairly injured running back through his career and I dont expect itll get easier at 27/8/9. Saying that I think he'll be useable for a good chunk of this but I dont think RB1

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:04 pm

As with the above, considering his injury history if you got 1 more solid RB1 out of him you did good. I would not extend him for 4 more years. Henry is a unicorn and an absolute best case for RB's over 25. Laveon Bell and Melvin Gordan are far more likely results and really should be where your eyes are for measuring.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu