General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Where does OBJ end up this year?

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:44 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:19 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:55 pm Thinking a desperate contender will rent him.

He should go to the Saints or the Patriots IMO.
I think best plan for this year is sign a one year deal with GB, cheap deal with lots of performance bonuses. Really show off that he still has it if he does in fact still have it, wide open depth chart behind Tae, offensive minded coach, contending team (with Rodgers). After that I would expect him to look longer term either resigning with which ever team he finishes this year with assuming he meshes well and the QB stays (ie, if he goes GB and Rodgers dips I doubt OBJ stays for Jordan Love...) or going somewhere with a solid long term QB to be the alpha (LVR assuming they get their management sorted out, LAC/LAR, BAL, JAX assuming him and Meyer/new HC/OC mesh in off season meetings, wherever Watson goes/where Rodgers goes assuming Rodgers leaves GB)

I can see the argument for NE, but why NO? Something tells me him and MT wont play well together, and who the heck knows what goes on at QB in NO in the future, plus it feels like everyone has penciled Payton in for retirement soon, I doubt a messy QB situation with MT causing a headache is going to keep Payton enthusiastic to stay.
To Clarify; I said RENT. ( as in this season ) I highly doubt anyone will sign him long term until next year at this point.

MT isn't coming back this season. The Saints are very good but are in need of a WR for their playoff run.

I could see GB but not really sure he would fit in that culture even for 1/2 a season.
Yeah I just don't see the appeal of going to the saints with Siemian or Hill at the helm even if you are the walk on WR1, could end up in a situation exactly like CLE where he is with a QB that just doesn't see him open, or can't make the throws
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 am

Anyone know when obj has to sign by if he wants to play this week?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:28 am

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 am Anyone know when obj has to sign by if he wants to play this week?
I don't know the answer to this, but I don't think he is going to rush back. He is trying to dictate his spot and will be patient
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:54 am

Two primary drivers to OBJ's destination in my estimation. First, does OBJ get his destination of choice? It's entirely possible none of his desired destinations (purportedly KC, GB, Seattle) offer him what he needs (primarily targets, role, and "what if I'm successful" next steps guarantees). Maybe they see it as a 1/2 year rental only and aren't sure about their own QB situation next year (GB & Seattle). As a long time OBJ bag holder, I'd love to see him land in any of those 3 spots as I think they'd give him best shot at resurrecting what value he has left. If he doesn't get one of his top preferences, the Saints do seem to want him the most. Plus that's home for OBJ, so that has to be the default landing spot if he can't secure his top preference.

Secondly, success this year, but maybe more importantly success beyond this year. OBJ is a fool if he doesn't use his leverage for the best long term home for himself. Seen thru this lense, the saints make more sense than I originally thought. I mean Saints QB would be clearly a drop off for this year compared to his preferred spots, but what about next year? Hell, maybe Rodgers ends up with OBJ in NO! Plus getting a year head start and building relationships up in NO could really set him up well next year and beyond...IF the QB situation improves next year. Big risk though.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 am Anyone know when obj has to sign by if he wants to play this week?
I heard it mentioned that if he wants a paycheck this week he would have to choose a team by sometime on Saturday {I don't remember the time though} so I would surmise that would be the same deadline for actually playing.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:07 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 pm I heard it mentioned that if he wants a paycheck this week he would have to choose a team by sometime on Saturday
I might be wrong, but I think any player with a guaranteed contract who is waived will continue to get paid whether or not he has a new team. The only question is whether Cleveland will be paying him this week or another team.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:18 pm

GB offers vet minimum to OBJ - "well we tried"
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:08 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:18 pm GB offers vet minimum to OBJ - "well we tried"
I enjoyed Davante Adams attempting a little comedy routine too:

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/stat ... 44514?s=20

What's the opposite of a recruitment pitch?

I don't think GB are too worried about missing out on the Odell sweepstakes :lol:

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:07 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 pm I heard it mentioned that if he wants a paycheck this week he would have to choose a team by sometime on Saturday
I might be wrong, but I think any player with a guaranteed contract who is waived will continue to get paid whether or not he has a new team. The only question is whether Cleveland will be paying him this week or another team.
No that's correct under normal circumstances, in this case it sounds like the restructure of the contract was done in such a way that if OBJ passed through waivers unclaimed {which he did of course}, then the Browns owe him a lump sum "roster bonus" of 4.25 million and won't be contributing anything in the form of a weekly paycheck anymore. So if he wants more money from a new team he would need to be on the new team's roster by Saturday to be eligible to get an actual paycheck from his new team as he'll receive no further weekly paycheck from the Browns after the payoff of the roster bonus.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:43 am

mild wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:08 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:18 pm GB offers vet minimum to OBJ - "well we tried"
I enjoyed Davante Adams attempting a little comedy routine too:

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/stat ... 44514?s=20

What's the opposite of a recruitment pitch?

I don't think GB are too worried about missing out on the Odell sweepstakes :lol:
The patented "middle school" method. I'll kick your shin and pull your hair to get your attention. You'll look my way, but I'll play hard to get. Then you'll be pulled in and stuck with the minimum for the year. Sold.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:02 am

I think Beckham will shy away from Green Bay as both Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams could be gone in six months. A big red flag when Adams only signs a one year deal...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:32 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:02 am I think Beckham will shy away from Green Bay as both Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams could be gone in six months.
it's not like he's getting more than 6 months anyway...

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:46 am

I wonder how strong the market really is for OBJ at this point. I am sure 3-4 teams may take him but it will most likely be on minimum deal for the remainder of the season.

His track record hasn't been great lately. Many are acting like OBJ will have some grand choice but in reality teams will be hesitant to commit beyond the next several weeks with a produce and we will see attitude.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:49 am

Wherever he goes will be an performance incentive 6 month rental contract. Go to where you'll know you'll get accurate passes to catch.

The thing with KC and SEA is that they've already done the Josh Gordon experiment and haven't capitalized on his potential so maybe taking the GB route might actually be the right path?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:25 am

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:46 am I wonder how strong the market really is for OBJ at this point. I am sure 3-4 teams may take him but it will most likely be on minimum deal for the remainder of the season.

His track record hasn't been great lately. Many are acting like OBJ will have some grand choice but in reality teams will be hesitant to commit beyond the next several weeks with a produce and we will see attitude.
I think it's a weaker market than he expected, or his decision would've been easy.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.