Week 9 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week 9 Discussion

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:56 am

I’m a chiefs fan I watch them every week. The line is not great but it actually might be the best line mahomes has had. Mahomes has always rolled out of the pocket running with a bad offensive line making unbelievably accurate throws. This year he’s sitting in there and making reads which you think would be better but I just don’t think he’s developed those skills yet. He was great at backyard football making guys cover his WRs for 8-9 seconds. Quick throws, checking down, switching a play to a run just has not proved to be any of his strong suits
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:33 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:15 am Special shout out to Josh Allen DE for Jags.

1st time in NFL a player with the same name as the QB got a sack. Josh Allen sacks Josh Allen.

Those in IDP circles are starting to realize J. Allen is playing like the best DE and best defensive players in all of football.

He is a legit stud averaging over 20 points per game in our balanced scoring IDP league.

Want to know why Josh Allen stunk it up for the Bills yesterday?

The Jags Josh Allen
8 Tackles
2 for a loss
1 fumble recovery
1 Interception
1 Sack
1 Pass defensed

48.1 fantasy points. He had a complete game wrecker stat line yesterday; This is why the best DE's get 100 million dollar contracts these days.
Using what scoring? don't get me wrong, he was a monster yesterday. But he put 26 in my league. 48 would be absurd
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Whelp I need Cole Kmet to basically outscore Khalil Herbert by like 3 long TDs tonight, lol.

My opponent @raiders444 even gifted me a 0 from Bryan Edwards and accidentally started an inactive Preston Williams.

Oh boy, on to Week 10 I suppose.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:50 pm

Paul717 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:44 pm Whelp I need Cole Kmet to basically outscore Khalil Herbert by like 3 long TDs tonight, lol.

My opponent @raiders444 even gifted me a 0 from Bryan Edwards and accidentally started an inactive Preston Williams.

Had a team of 9 players that scored between 6-11 points each. No TD at all. The outlier of the above point spread? 0 for my defense lol

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:50 pm
Paul717 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:44 pm Whelp I need Cole Kmet to basically outscore Khalil Herbert by like 3 long TDs tonight, lol.

Had a team of 9 players that scored between 6-11 points each. No TD at all. The outlier of the above point spread? 0 for my defense lol
I feel this man! It must feel like random variance when NONE of your starters score a TD. There were some NFL games this week that didn't live up to the scoring hype, but I guess that will happen.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:38 pm

I went into SNF needing 21 from DHenderson aand Steelers Dst. Felt kind of confident. now needing 11 from a DST, not so much. Can Fields really suck this week?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:49 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:38 pm I went into SNF needing 21 from DHenderson aand Steelers Dst. Felt kind of confident. now needing 11 from a DST, not so much. Can Fields really suck this week?
He's definitely going to suck tonight is my not-so-hot Hot Take.

That Steelers Defense is going to put him in the garbage. If I was a wagering man I'd say you'll get your 11 points.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:57 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:22 am
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:06 am
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:07 am He has as many TD's this year as Dawson Knox, CJ Uzomah, Hunter Henry, and Ertz.
You literally have math in your name. What's the point of that stat other than to mislead?
What's misleading about that? It's currently a fact.

Go back and read my entire statement. People are disappointed in Kelce because he isn't providing the huge positional advantage this year as in year's past. I was also responding to a post that said Kelce is the league leader in TD's this year at the TE. That is true, but shared with the 4 other TEs that I listed.
No, you were responding to my post which stated that Kelce leads all tes in catches, yards, AND TDs...pointing out that other have tds while ignoring where those same players fall on the other statistical categories (not to mention reliability, -Uzomah) ignores my post almost entirely.

No other player in the league leads all relevant categories..And Ive never even owned Kelce sad to say.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:30 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:15 am Special shout out to Josh Allen DE for Jags.

1st time in NFL a player with the same name as the QB got a sack. Josh Allen sacks Josh Allen.

Those in IDP circles are starting to realize J. Allen is playing like the best DE and best defensive players in all of football.

He is a legit stud averaging over 20 points per game in our balanced scoring IDP league.

The Jags Josh Allen
8 Tackles
2 for a loss
1 fumble recovery
1 Interception
1 Sack
1 Pass defensed

48.1 fantasy points. He had a complete game wrecker stat line yesterday; This is why the best DE's get 100 million dollar contracts these days.
He also intercepted him ... I can't imagine that has happened before either. Hell, I'd be interested in how many times a QB has played against a defender with the same name before.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:20 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:33 pm

The Jags Josh Allen
8 Tackles
2 for a loss
1 fumble recovery
1 Interception
1 Sack
1 Pass defensed

Using what scoring? don't get me wrong, he was a monster yesterday. But he put 26 in my league. 48 would be absurd
We devised a scoring system over 15-20 years ago that brings balanced scoring to the defensive side of the ball based on actual opportunity.

Many leagues as an example score LB's and DE's/DT's the same giving 2 points tackle 1 assist. DE's/DT's simply don't get the same opportunity based on position so we give 3 points tackle 1.5 per assist which brings in balance to MLB's.

Additionally, we will give 8 for an INT as they are so rare for a DE
5 for sacks, 2 for TFL 2 PD 3 FF and 4 FC.

We have a few tweaks for defensive positions like a LB will get 2/1 but only 6 for an Int.

Currently we have 9 defensive players in the top 32 and 24 in the top 64. Our top defensive player ranks 15th.

It is a very different game when IDP players have the same value as offensive players; Players like Young and Garrett will go top 3 in rookie drafts due to sacristy of position.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:22 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:20 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:33 pm

The Jags Josh Allen
8 Tackles
2 for a loss
1 fumble recovery
1 Interception
1 Sack
1 Pass defensed

We devised a scoring system over 15-20 years ago that brings balanced scoring to the defensive side of the ball based on actual opportunity.

Many leagues as an example score LB's and DE's/DT's the same giving 2 points tackle 1 assist. DE's/DT's simply don't get the same opportunity based on position so we give 3 points tackle 1.5 per assist which brings in balance to MLB's.

Additionally, we will give 8 for an INT as they are so rare for a DE
5 for sacks, 2 for TFL 2 PD 3 FF and 4 FC.

We have a few tweaks for defensive positions like a LB will get 2/1 but only 6 for an Int.

Currently we have 9 defensive players in the top 32 and 24 in the top 64. Our top defensive player ranks 15th.

It is a very different game when IDP players have the same value as offensive players; Players like Young and Garrett will go top 3 in rookie drafts due to sacristy of position.
Love it - I only play in IDP Leagues that support this manner of scoring
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:24 pm

I believe the Steelers have their answer at TE. His blocking has been impressive and well 2 TD’s is not bad.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:00 pm

That 13 yard run was the best run I've seen from Najee as a pro.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:06 pm

The refs are awful tonight

2 for 15
Vs
11 for 110

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:06 pm The refs are awful tonight

2 for 15
Vs
11 for 110
That garbage taunting call almost cost CHI the game too. Painful to see a call like that called in such a critical moment
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones