Where does OBJ end up this year?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Where does OBJ end up this year?

Postby murphysxm » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:12 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 am I dont expect him to get past the Colts.
I would be very surprised if we claimed him.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:12 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 am I dont expect him to get past the Colts.
Idk about the contact and money situation surrounding a waiver claim. But a huge need at WR in a wide open division now that Henry is out? I figured depending on the money, how waivers work, and the new contract obj and CLE settled on he could be a nice add to make a run for the playoffs
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:23 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 am
Idk about the contact and money situation surrounding a waiver claim. But a huge need at WR in a wide open division now that Henry is out? I figured depending on the money, how waivers work, and the new contract obj and CLE settled on he could be a nice add to make a run for the playoffs
What you say is logical, but Ballard doesn't like to bring in distractions
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:29 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:23 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 am

What you say is logical, but Ballard doesn't like to bring in distractions
Fair play, not deep into IND management. In obj's defence, I think he has done a good job of keeping his head down and keeping things off of social media and I haven't heard of any blow ups on the sideline or to the press. I really do think he has grown up since NYG and he did not bring this situation on (his papa did, but my gut tells me obj didn't ask his dad to post that video)
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:49 am

The Browns and OBJ redid the pay structure of the contract just before he was released. Basically, only $8M was guaranteed and that's in the 2021 season - all future seasons money is not guaranteed. They changed it from all bonus to mostly bonus and approximately the veteran's minimum spread out as weekly game checks. I think the Browns are on the hook for the larger part that is bonus money, and the new team will only have to pay the guaranteed salary for the rest of 2021.

A team could claim him, test drive him for the rest of 2021 at a cheap price, and cut him at the end of the season without owing him more money. If the team kept him beyond 2021, I assume they would have to pay the ~$20M/yr for the final 2 seasons.

EDIT: CORRECTION: Turns out, the reworked deal makes the new team responsible for the pro-rated bonus and per-week salary. About $7.25M total.
Go get him Detroit!!
Last edited by Anteaters on Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:26 pm

saw on ESPN the brownies & obj agreed on a reworked contract that basically puts any waiver-claiming team on the hook for $7.25M this year. no guarantees after current year. while that sounds cheap, it's expected to be prohibitive for potential suitors via a waiver claim. IOW, any team that claims him will have to really want him. He's expected to clear waivers on Monday and become a free agent on Tuesday.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:15 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:26 pm saw on ESPN the brownies & obj agreed on a reworked contract that basically puts any waiver-claiming team on the hook for $7.25M this year. no guarantees after current year. while that sounds cheap, it's expected to be prohibitive for potential suitors via a waiver claim. IOW, any team that claims him will have to really want him. He's expected to clear waivers on Monday and become a free agent on Tuesday.
For that price, it sounds as if that is exactly what will happen. Then the team he signs will pay him nowhere near that amount.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:45 pm

I can't wait to see him sign for the vet minimum + big performance bonuses on a top flight contender and just style on the league with the biggest chip ever on his shoulder. That video his dad reposted really got.me.hyped for him getting to choose to play with a quality QB...
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:00 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:45 pm I can't wait to see him sign for the vet minimum + big performance bonuses on a top flight contender and just style on the league with the biggest chip ever on his shoulder. That video his dad reposted really got.me.hyped for him getting to choose to play with a quality QB...
Question remains - will he take the "right" path and pick a team with a quality QB (and they choose him) or will he look for the bank $$ and sign for the money. Money talks and most of these athletes just aren't smart about it. You take a few less dollars to play with talent and surprise you win.

OR what's behind door #3 Rob?!?! Let's look at the Browns schedule:

@ Cincinnati
@ New England
vs Detroit
@Baltimore
13 BYE WEEK
vs Baltimore
vs Las Vegas
@Green Bay
@Pittsburgh
vs Cincinnati

Where does he sign out of spite? Baltimore for the double header? New England for the 1st chance revenge? Green Bay? LV?

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:12 am

Edmonton Eskimos looking for a WR...
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:21 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:15 pm For that price, it sounds as if that is exactly what will happen. Then the team he signs will pay him nowhere near that amount.
He still gets 4M from browns.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:44 pm

He's officially a free man!!!!

Now sign somewhere so we can move on.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:55 pm

Thinking a desperate contender will rent him.

He should go to the Saints or the Patriots IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:55 pm Thinking a desperate contender will rent him.

I think best plan for this year is sign a one year deal with GB, cheap deal with lots of performance bonuses. Really show off that he still has it if he does in fact still have it, wide open depth chart behind Tae, offensive minded coach, contending team (with Rodgers). After that I would expect him to look longer term either resigning with which ever team he finishes this year with assuming he meshes well and the QB stays (ie, if he goes GB and Rodgers dips I doubt OBJ stays for Jordan Love...) or going somewhere with a solid long term QB to be the alpha (LVR assuming they get their management sorted out, LAC/LAR, BAL, JAX assuming him and Meyer/new HC/OC mesh in off season meetings, wherever Watson goes/where Rodgers goes assuming Rodgers leaves GB)

I can see the argument for NE, but why NO? Something tells me him and MT wont play well together, and who the heck knows what goes on at QB in NO in the future, plus it feels like everyone has penciled Payton in for retirement soon, I doubt a messy QB situation with MT causing a headache is going to keep Payton enthusiastic to stay.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:44 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:19 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:55 pm Thinking a desperate contender will rent him.

I think best plan for this year is sign a one year deal with GB, cheap deal with lots of performance bonuses. Really show off that he still has it if he does in fact still have it, wide open depth chart behind Tae, offensive minded coach, contending team (with Rodgers). After that I would expect him to look longer term either resigning with which ever team he finishes this year with assuming he meshes well and the QB stays (ie, if he goes GB and Rodgers dips I doubt OBJ stays for Jordan Love...) or going somewhere with a solid long term QB to be the alpha (LVR assuming they get their management sorted out, LAC/LAR, BAL, JAX assuming him and Meyer/new HC/OC mesh in off season meetings, wherever Watson goes/where Rodgers goes assuming Rodgers leaves GB)

I can see the argument for NE, but why NO? Something tells me him and MT wont play well together, and who the heck knows what goes on at QB in NO in the future, plus it feels like everyone has penciled Payton in for retirement soon, I doubt a messy QB situation with MT causing a headache is going to keep Payton enthusiastic to stay.
To Clarify; I said RENT. ( as in this season ) I highly doubt anyone will sign him long term until next year at this point.

MT isn't coming back this season. The Saints are very good but are in need of a WR for their playoff run.

I could see GB but not really sure he would fit in that culture even for 1/2 a season.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts