Where does OBJ end up this year?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: Where does OBJ end up this year?

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:58 am

IF he moves on it might be the last chance to sell at a reasonable rate again. :pray:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:16 am

Being a grown man and having your daddy fight your battles is next level weak sauce.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:20 am

LBJ is OBJ's daddy? :surprised:

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:16 am Being a grown man and having your daddy fight your battles is next level weak sauce.
I don't think obj asked his dad to do this, sometimes family says some silly stuff (see Patrick mahomes)

I think his dad was just frustrated with how obj is being underused, until now obj has kept his head down and mouth shut, even now he isn't out on social media kicking up a dust storm (as far as I've seen/heard)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:21 am

I find it hard to completely write OBJ off because of what he was able to do years ago, but I really have no interest in acquiring the guy. He's been a colossal disappointment for years and it's hard to trust he'll do anything noteworthy (unless he lands in the perfect situation).

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:34 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:21 am I find it hard to completely write OBJ off because of what he was able to do years ago, but I really have no interest in acquiring the guy. He's been a colossal disappointment for years and it's hard to trust he'll do anything noteworthy (unless he lands in the perfect situation).
I feel the same way. Maybe he goes somewhere with a half competent QB in a pass happy offense (ATL?) and can get some work going. And whenever I see him with the ball he still looks quite dynamic, maybe not to the degree he was in his NYG days, but he doesnt look totally washed up like his stats suggest, just never got any decent volume with CLE, and has been chronically injured which is my main concern.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Draftnik
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Draftnik » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:34 am

When you watch the tape, OBJ is still extremely talented and is consistently getting open.

For whatever reason, whether it's Baker, scheme, coaching, poor progressions or what, Baker can't get the ball to him when he's open.

Could be a situation where two players just don't mesh. Reminds me of the struggling Carr / Cooper connection before Cooper was dealt.

The Raiders seem like the most obvious spot.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:03 am

Baker deserves blame, but OBJ has a lot of drops and mistakes of his own. The narrative that it's all Baker's fault doesn't jive with me. That team really has been better without him.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:40 am

My frontrunners to claim newly released OBJ

Most likely - Houston: They need as much talent as they can get. There is no team culture, so there's nothing for him to ruin. His stats will not improve here.

#2 - Las Vegas: LVR will claim anyone with potential talent. They don't care about character at all. His per game stats will increase, but the over-under for games played in the final 9 weeks before he gets injured again is 3.5

#3 - Philly: He'll have a great big blow-up game with 180yds/3TDs, a couple of 40yds/0TD games, then get injured and not return until week 16.

#4 - Green Bay: He'll be Robin to Devante. The team will win games. He'll be happy ... for the time being. There will be droughts where his stats will suffer because Adams is the clear alpha and others will rise up occasionally to decrease OBJ's target count. At some point before Nov 2022, OBJ will say "I wish I had gotten here before Aaron's talent went down."

#5 - Dallas: Because Jerry wants stars to wear the star. Because the signing will get Jerry interviewed 6 times every week for the rest of the season and twice as often in the playoffs. By week 15, OBJ will openly complain that he never thought he would be the #4 target option on any team. Dallas will make the NFC championship game.

Wildcard - Rams: OBJ steps in to replace Jackson. His stats will not improve over his time in Cleveland, but he'll probably make it through the season without suffering a serious injury because he won't get targeted often enough to get hurt.
Last edited by Anteaters on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 am

The question we should be asking - "what is waiver priority now to claim OBJ, should he get released as expected?"

Will LMAO if Detroit claims him. That's about the only thing that'd make the Lions situation worse than it is. :) "Goff overthrows OBJ again!"

Personally, I'd like to see OBJ end up in one of these 3 places: Kansas City, Raiders, or Green Bay. I think OBJ needs a strong QB and consistent opportunity as #1 or #2 in a high volume passing offense. Anything less will not end well. I think those 3 quality. Maybe New Orleans, but the idea of Taysom Hill can't be appealing even with Sean Peyton calling the plays.

Another key question: How much did OBJ/Browns rework his contract and does it make it more or less likely (cost prohibitive) he clears waivers?

Current NFL waiver order (Week 9):
1 Detroit Lions
2 Miami Dolphins
3 Houston Texans
4 Jacksonville Jaguars
5 New York Jets
6 New York Giants
7 Washington Football Team
8 Philadelphia Eagles
9 Seattle Seahawks
10 Chicago Bears
11 Atlanta Falcons
12 San Francisco 49ers
13 Minnesota Vikings
14 Indianapolis Colts
15 New England Patriots
16 Denver Broncos
17 Cleveland Browns
18 Kansas City Chiefs
19 Carolina Panthers
20 Los Angeles Chargers
21 Pittsburgh Steelers
22 Cincinnati Bengals
23 New Orleans Saints
24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
25 Buffalo Bills
26 Las Vegas Raiders
27 Dallas Cowboys
28 Green Bay Packers
29 Baltimore Ravens
30 Los Angeles Rams
31 Tennessee Titans
32 Arizona Cardinals

"NFL waiver wire order: Rundown of which teams have the highest priority to claim Odell Beckham Jr."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... eckham-jr/

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:43 am

pvillebiker wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 am Will LMAO if Detroit claims him. That's about the only thing that'd make the Lions situation worse than it is. :) "Goff overthrows OBJ again!"

1 Detroit Lions
32 Arizona Cardinals

"NFL waiver wire order: Rundown of which teams have the highest priority to claim Odell Beckham Jr."

Great list of the WW! Thanks.

Personally, Detroit is my favorite. I'll buy a Detroit OBJ jersey if they claim him. I promise!!!!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:52 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:43 am
pvillebiker wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 am Will LMAO if Detroit claims him. That's about the only thing that'd make the Lions situation worse than it is. :) "Goff overthrows OBJ again!"

1 Detroit Lions
32 Arizona Cardinals

Great list of the WW! Thanks.

Personally, Detroit is my favorite. I'll buy a Detroit OBJ jersey if they claim him. I promise!!!!
Love it! As a Detroit ex-pat (grew up there), I'd love to see it work. Just don't see how it would. :) It could be massively entertaining though.

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:14 am

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:20 amThoughts?
Who cares.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 am

The giants kind of have a need at WR... What a bleep show that would be eh?

I dont expect him to get past the Colts.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:54 am

if they claim him from waivers, do they also pick the whole current contract? they may deter quite a few teams.