Week 4 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Week 4 Discussion

Postby remedy29 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:04 pm Not a chance ETN is going to be a better between the tackles back to Robinson. He better make a living catching passes, or his FF future is in trouble. Robinson is just such a solid back.
ETN is an elite athlete on a team lacking quality athletes on offense. There will be ample opportunity for ETN to produce next year. The NFL is about big plays and scoring TDs, two areas ETN will help at.
I do think most teams are RBBC, so there will be room for both backs.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 pm
CGW wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:31 pm
Dibbles wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 pm Ive owned and watched Mixon for 3+ years now and just have never been overwhelmed by any play he’s ever made. No breakaway runs or catches, no highlight jukes, etc. Feels like he never gets chunk yardage plays. I know many here feel like he’s a special talent and preach the breakout is coming, but watching him repeatedly sprint into the back of his own linemen every game and fall down is so frustrating as an owner. Do we still believe he’s an elite talent after a fairly large sample size of steady disappointment?
I appreciate your reverse jinx.
Yeah, without the lucky reverse of Burrow sneak, he’s sitting on 54 total yards and 1 catch after 3 Q’s in a ++ matchup. Hoping he can score again and I think I might finally be willing to move him, just don’t see him as a key piece of championship teams this year or going forward.
I think the reverse jinx was less about his fantasy production and more that he all of sudden looked good as a runner almost straight after that comment haha, I agree that he probably won't be a key piece for anyones championship but that's more about the Bengals than it is Mixon. He's not an elite talent but he has enough flashes to keep teasing it but I think will always be the what if guy and not THE guy.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm

My biggest worry for Chase going forward is that Higgins and Boyd are very good WR's and I don't see this offence being Dallas last year, throwing so much that everyone eats. Still a good day for Chase but that is my only concern with him being a top tier WR in the future

EDIT: Also Taylor needs to go, he just isn't any good, time to end his coaching days.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:04 pm Not a chance ETN is going to be a better between the tackles back to Robinson. He better make a living catching passes, or his FF future is in trouble. Robinson is just such a solid back.
100%. Etienne was a solid athlete, but the injury he had is not something RB recover from. His career is in jeopardy, period. Anyone that says otherwise denies historical analysis.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Pitts, Likely, Mayer, Stover

2025: 2x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:47 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:20 pm
100%. Etienne was a solid athlete, but the injury he had is not something RB recover from. His career is in jeopardy, period. Anyone that says otherwise denies historical analysis.
Brain Westbrook recovered just fine. Julio Jones, although a WR, wasn't a bum after his injury either. Or shall we only focus on older less athletic RBs in decline and blame their decline solely on the injury?

I don't think it's denying historical analysis, it's historical analysis doesn't apply to a superb 22 year old athlete.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:37 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:47 pm
Brain Westbrook recovered just fine. Julio Jones, although a WR, wasn't a bum after his injury either. Or shall we only focus on older less athletic RBs in decline and blame their decline solely on the injury?

I don't think it's denying historical analysis, it's historical analysis doesn't apply to a superb 22 year old athlete.
I've spent the past 6 years researching NFL players in one form or another and I can tell you with great confidence that the sample size for most things NFL related is absurdly small. I remember when some theorized that Jimmy Grahams career was over after his patellar injury (and keep in mind he was 28/29 or so at the time) and then he put up 900+ yards the next season. The reality is most NFL players don't ever amount to much, injury or no injury. Most aging players eventually get replaced, injury or no injury.

Some quotes of members on this forum of Graham after his injury;
"Patellar Tendon injuries are usually career altering"
"If I could not get something for him right now, in a 10 x 21 league like the one the op plays in, I'd drop him. When a player recovers from a torn patella and is a meaningful contributor, it'll be the first time."
"I actually just bought him for Walford + 3rd"
"while no player has ever really come back from the patellar injury, I don't think there have been many high end guys who suffered the injury and tried to come back. There is a first for everything. Am I counting on it? No"
"the type of injury he had and long history against a return to form from it leads me to believe he's more likely to be released at final cuts than return to top 10 TE form."
I'm not sure he's ever a player of any value again.
I do not think he's going to come back from that injury.
I would take literally anything I could get for him.
He tore his patellar tendon and players just don't come back from that injury.
There's no history of recovery from something until there is. Like I said, with the sample size being so small in the NFL, and so seemingly random at times, it's really hard to say whats what with many of these injuries, especially to younger players. Mikel Leshoure getting cut after multiple offseason arrests is not something to hang your hat on as proof achilles injuries are career enders. All facets of the injury and situation matters, and unfortunately it's nearly impossible to tell how any player will turn out whether they suffer an injury or not.

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:23 am

AussieMate wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm My biggest worry for Chase going forward is that Higgins and Boyd are very good WR's and I don't see this offence being Dallas last year, throwing so much that everyone eats. Still a good day for Chase but that is my only concern with him being a top tier WR in the future

EDIT: Also Taylor needs to go, he just isn't any good, time to end his coaching days.
that's the least of my worries tbh. we're playing dynasty here, and there's a really good chance that Boyd will be out of Cincy before Chase signs his 2nd contract. Not to mention it won't be long before Chase asserts himself as the WR1 in that offense IMO
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:09 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:32 pm Rip chark
:cry: He could'a been a contender. It's a shame because I think he could have had a good stats year on a losing, but nothing for JAX seems to be going right this season. I think this injury might be the line in the sand that moves him from "player with potential" to "journeyman."

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm I was hoping he would retain some value but I feel like it's in the tank now. He will be a forgotten man by next season
++
Hopefully he'll get released and picked up in a much better situation. I can see KC/LAC/BUF/TEN taking a look at him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:14 am

Dibbles wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 pm Mixon ... Do we still believe he’s an elite talent after a fairly large sample size of steady disappointment?
Not me. :snooty: He's not bad, but he's not special/elite/must-have.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:30 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:09 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:32 pm Rip chark
:cry: He could'a been a contender. It's a shame because I think he could have had a good stats year on a losing, but nothing for JAX seems to be going right this season. I think this injury might be the line in the sand that moves him from "player with potential" to "journeyman."

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm I was hoping he would retain some value but I feel like it's in the tank now. He will be a forgotten man by next season
++
Hopefully he'll get released and picked up in a much better situation. I can see KC/LAC/BUF/TEN taking a look at him.
Chark is actually a free agent in 2022 (rookie deal signed in 2018 was a four year deal). Unfortunate that he'll be coming off an ankle injury, but he'll at a minimum be able to sign a prove it deal somewhere I assume.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:05 am

Brian Westbrook had a lisfranc sprain and didn’t need surgery.

If you want to compare that to Etienne, well, be my guess but they’re not the same!
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman

Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:06 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:37 pm

I've spent the past 6 years researching NFL players in one form or another and I can tell you with great confidence that the sample size for most things NFL related is absurdly small. I remember when some theorized that Jimmy Grahams career was over after his patellar injury (and keep in mind he was 28/29 or so at the time) and then he put up 900+ yards the next season. The reality is most NFL players don't ever amount to much, injury or no injury. Most aging players eventually get replaced, injury or no injury.

Some quotes of members on this forum of Graham after his injury;
"Patellar Tendon injuries are usually career altering"
"If I could not get something for him right now, in a 10 x 21 league like the one the op plays in, I'd drop him. When a player recovers from a torn patella and is a meaningful contributor, it'll be the first time."
"I actually just bought him for Walford + 3rd"
"while no player has ever really come back from the patellar injury, I don't think there have been many high end guys who suffered the injury and tried to come back. There is a first for everything. Am I counting on it? No"
"the type of injury he had and long history against a return to form from it leads me to believe he's more likely to be released at final cuts than return to top 10 TE form."
I'm not sure he's ever a player of any value again.
I do not think he's going to come back from that injury.
I would take literally anything I could get for him.
He tore his patellar tendon and players just don't come back from that injury.
There's no history of recovery from something until there is. Like I said, with the sample size being so small in the NFL, and so seemingly random at times, it's really hard to say whats what with many of these injuries, especially to younger players. Mikel Leshoure getting cut after multiple offseason arrests is not something to hang your hat on as proof achilles injuries are career enders. All facets of the injury and situation matters, and unfortunately it's nearly impossible to tell how any player will turn out whether they suffer an injury or not.
If you want to be the one guy waiting on a miracle or break through player, by all means. I certainly won’t be that guy. I’d much rather have other players or picks, as I play dynasty with a risk focus. Etienne is high risk and toast for me.

Year 9 of my league

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:08 am

AussieMate wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm My biggest worry for Chase going forward is that Higgins and Boyd are very good WR's and I don't see this offence being Dallas last year, throwing so much that everyone eats. Still a good day for Chase but that is my only concern with him being a top tier WR in the future

They need to hire Joe Brady this off-season.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:56 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:14 am
Dibbles wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 pm Mixon ... Do we still believe he’s an elite talent after a fairly large sample size of steady disappointment?
Not me. :snooty: He's not bad, but he's not special/elite/must-have.
He runs hard like Chris Carson but gets injured too. I think that will be the story for him for the remainder of his career, with more frequency as time goes on…

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:03 am

Not necessarily off topic, but I'll take a side road here.

Jimmy Graham is one of my least favorite dynasty players of all time because of how long I owned him and how consistently he underperformed relative to my expectations. I think in all the years I owned him over his career, he always produced less than I was expecting.

Anyways, carry on.