Week 2 2021

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 2 2021

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:52 am 2020 RB class not looking as hot at we thought, for a variety of reasons. 2 big injuries, J Rob getting a new coach, CEH getting no targets, Gibson not getting many targets, no TD's, Swift in a RBBC, saved his FF night on the last meaningless drive of the game last night, but not the usage you want to see. JT slow start. Still believe these players have talent, but not what we were expecting from this class so far, for sure.
Swift is RB6 in PPR right now and averaging 8 targets per game. Highest ranking of that class.

I get why they're playing Williams—hes a good football player, but they should unleash Swift already. He continues to pass the eye test and keeps producing no matter what committee they put him in.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:36 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:52 am 2020 RB class not looking as hot at we thought, for a variety of reasons. 2 big injuries, J Rob getting a new coach, CEH getting no targets, Gibson not getting many targets, no TD's, Swift in a RBBC, saved his FF night on the last meaningless drive of the game last night, but not the usage you want to see. JT slow start. Still believe these players have talent, but not what we were expecting from this class so far, for sure.
Swift is RB6 in PPR right now and averaging 8 targets per game. Highest ranking of that class.

I get why they're playing Williams—hes a good football player, but they should unleash Swift already. He continues to pass the eye test and keeps producing no matter what committee they put him in.
Yup, as I said, he'll live and die through the passing game. They won't unleash him. He's not that great a runner. This team's offense isn't going to be putting up numbers. I like Swift, but he doesn't pass the eye test as a runner to me. I have some of the same issues I had with him in college. He's dinged up a lot, too. He's not a bell cow. He's best used the way he is IMO, but they need to throw him the ball more earlier on. 1 target until the final drive isn't the way to do it. Getting him 15-20 touches a game, depending on game flow, with at least 1/4 of those being through the air is the way to do it, IMO. Keep him fresh and on the field.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Swift doesn't seem like a work horse - he gets dinged up easily. The Lions well keep giving Jamaal Williams work to keep Swift healthy.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm Swift doesn't seem like a work horse - he gets dinged up easily. The Lions well keep giving Jamaal Williams work to keep Swift healthy.
He's also not a good interior runner/lacks leg drive needed to get those hard yards. He's the same size as Dalvin basically, but Dalvin is just a guy who can move guys inside a lot more. It doesn't make Swift a bad player, and it's honestly better for his longevity to not be that guy. He just may not have the top end upside of a guy like Dalvin, due to it, but early years Kamara is kind of what I see as his upside, just not sure the TD efficiency Kamara had is realistic, because that was really high.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:36 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:01 pm

Yup, as I said, he'll live and die through the passing game. They won't unleash him. He's not that great a runner. This team's offense isn't going to be putting up numbers. I like Swift, but he doesn't pass the eye test as a runner to me. I have some of the same issues I had with him in college. He's dinged up a lot, too. He's not a bell cow. He's best used the way he is IMO, but they need to throw him the ball more earlier on. 1 target until the final drive isn't the way to do it. Getting him 15-20 touches a game, depending on game flow, with at least 1/4 of those being through the air is the way to do it, IMO. Keep him fresh and on the field.
I don't think he should be a workhorse or a bellcow, but 12 touches is low on a 63% snap share isn't really great. When I say unleash, it's simply about making it clear that he's a centerpiece of what they do more.

Play more two back sets, put him in the slot, get him in the ball in space, use his route running down field, etc. He's their best playmaker and should be on the field more to represent that.

The 8 targets are good, but they shouldn't be coming once they start trailing by two touchdowns late.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:22 pm

It is probably better if more owners see Swift more like Ekeler than say Jonathan Taylor or Joe Mixon, at least in terms of acquisition, since usually Ekeler is cheaper to acquire.

Anyways these first few games give us an indication if the usage that was projected in the off-season is correct or not. A couple more like Week I and Swift will be locked in as an RB1, but a couple more like Week 2 and he'll be more of a mid to low RB2 (Swift week 2 was closer to RB36 than RB12).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:33 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:22 pm It is probably better if more owners see Swift more like Ekeler than say Jonathan Taylor or Joe Mixon, at least in terms of acquisition, since usually Ekeler is cheaper to acquire.

Anyways these first few games give us an indication if the usage that was projected in the off-season is correct or not. A couple more like Week I and Swift will be locked in as an RB1, but a couple more like Week 2 and he'll be more of a mid to low RB2 (Swift week 2 was closer to RB36 than RB12).
Yeah, or it could be hit and miss like week 1 and 2. :lol:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm Swift doesn't seem like a work horse - he gets dinged up easily. The Lions well keep giving Jamaal Williams work to keep Swift healthy.
They absolutely should play Williams. I'm just saying that a player like Swift should be involved more when you have positive game script. I'm not saying they need to run him up the middle 15 times.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:16 pm

The worst part about Swift? He killed a guy....

I kid! I kid!

Or do I... :wtf:
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:38 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:16 pm The worst part about Swift? He killed a guy....

I kid! I kid!

CEH has *actually* killed a guy though
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:00 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:38 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:16 pm The worst part about Swift? He killed a guy....

I kid! I kid!

CEH has *actually* killed a guy though
That's still debatable. It was either him or the other guy with him, that information was never divulged.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:51 am

Its way too early to call anything on any of the 2020 RBs. Its been 2 games. Swift looked great in one and fine in the other. JT started out slow last year also. Gibson was injured on a thursday night game in his second game but when he did run he looked good. Dobbins should be fine. Akers and CEH are concerning tho.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 am

blemly wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:17 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:13 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:10 pm Man, Lamar is a hot dog. LOL. This has been a pretty good game.
That poorly executed partial cart-wheel was unnecessary though. Just stop with that Lamar. :nono:
He's 24 and having fun. I'd be doing the same if I was anywhere near as talented as he is.
I wouldn't, not my style. See Barry Sanders. I thought this was interesting, though, after the discussion about it.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jackson- ... ens-chiefs

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 am
blemly wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:17 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:13 pm

That poorly executed partial cart-wheel was unnecessary though. Just stop with that Lamar. :nono:
He's 24 and having fun. I'd be doing the same if I was anywhere near as talented as he is.
I wouldn't, not my style. See Barry Sanders. I thought this was interesting, though, after the discussion about it.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jackson- ... ens-chiefs
That was interesting. So while not seriously hurt, he did kind of injure himself (and then didn't want to mention it to his coach). Guess Lamar's gonna do Lamar.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku