Team Stuck In Limbo, Help?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Team Stuck In Limbo, Help?

Postby colonnaj94 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:02 pm

Hey everyone. I hope you guys had a fantastic week one. Most of my teams are off to a solid start!

I have an issue with one team, though, and I've had the issue all off season, this isn't just a week 1 thing.

I'm concerned that not only do I not have depth with this roster, I have no stars with this team, either.
I don't think I'm a contender and I don't have my first round pick in 2022.

How would you guys fix this team?

It's worth noting that I did win the championship for this league in 2017 & 2018, but the roster is almost completely different now.

12 Team PPR, 1 QB
We Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX
QB J Burrow, Z Wilson
RB D Henderson, R Mostert, M Gordon, T Coleman, R Jones, J Jackson, J McKissic, L Rountree, R Stevenson, K Herbert, K Hill
WR J Chase, D Chark, J Smith-Schuster, K Hamler, N Collins, A Schwartz, M Strachan
TE I Smith, C Kmet, P Freiermuth
PICKS:
2022:
(1) 2nd - Not My Own, 4th (My own), 5th (My Own)

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th (All my own picks)

I feel like most of the players on this roster are not worth 1st round picks, which presents a different problem. Should I start stockpiling on 2023 picks with this team, punt this year? How can I get out of this messy situation and start feeling better here?
Last edited by colonnaj94 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young
RB Pierce, Bigsby
WR Johnston, Mingo, Pierce, Marshall, Toney, Perry
TE Freiermuth, Ferguson, Kraft
1.02, 1.03, (5) 24 2nds, (2) 24 3rds, (2) 25 1sts, (3) 25 2nds

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Tagovailoa, Burrow
RB Chubb, Ford, Warren, Pierce, Javonte Williams, N Harris
WR Allen, Samuel, Pittman, Metcalf, Ridley, Rice
TE Goedert, Bryant, Hill
DL Watt, Sieler, Jones, P Smith, Simmons, Lawrence, Z Smith
LB Morrow, Deablow, To'oTo'o
DB Holland, Winfield, Wallace, Bell

QB Mahomes, Tannehill
RB Mostert, Pacheco, Montogmery, Pierce, Ford, Warren, Javonte Williams
WR Chase, Allen, Sutton, Pittman, Doubs
TE Kelce, Hurst, Dulcich
DL Hunter, Cooper, Allen, Autry, Carter, Young
LB Franklin, Oluokun, Singleton
DB Smith, Curl, Love, Byard, McKinney

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team Stuck In Limbo, Help?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm

I see your dilemma, tough place to be with that build. Outside of Chase and Burrow, there is no other asset on your team that I would not trade for the right price. Some players may see a bit of elevated value as the season goes, so timing of your deals could be important. As with any retool, I would not force a deal and would not trade just to trade but for the right price, I would be looking to start a full rebuild/retool. Burrow and Chase are great young pieces to build around in any format and maximizing value on the market throughout the year is going to be very key as a fair amount of these assets could have a short sell window. Chark, JuJu, Henderson and maybe Jones II if he has a good couple weeks stick out as the best options to hopefully shoot for 2023 picks as they may be cheaper. Looks like a tough task, but could be very rewarding if you pull off some smart moves. Good luck!

colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby colonnaj94 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm I see your dilemma, tough place to be with that build. Outside of Chase and Burrow, there is no other asset on your team that I would not trade for the right price. Some players may see a bit of elevated value as the season goes, so timing of your deals could be important. As with any retool, I would not force a deal and would not trade just to trade but for the right price, I would be looking to start a full rebuild/retool. Burrow and Chase are great young pieces to build around in any format and maximizing value on the market throughout the year is going to be very key as a fair amount of these assets could have a short sell window. Chark, JuJu, Henderson and maybe Jones II if he has a good couple weeks stick out as the best options to hopefully shoot for 2023 picks as they may be cheaper. Looks like a tough task, but could be very rewarding if you pull off some smart moves. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I had one offer to move Chark, Smith-Schuster and Henderson for a 2023 1st and a 2022 2nd, but that felt a bit light to me. Should I try to sell them individually & settle for 2nds or look into packaging them together?
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young
RB Pierce, Bigsby
WR Johnston, Mingo, Pierce, Marshall, Toney, Perry
TE Freiermuth, Ferguson, Kraft
1.02, 1.03, (5) 24 2nds, (2) 24 3rds, (2) 25 1sts, (3) 25 2nds

QB Tagovailoa, Burrow
RB Chubb, Ford, Warren, Pierce, Javonte Williams, N Harris
WR Allen, Samuel, Pittman, Metcalf, Ridley, Rice
TE Goedert, Bryant, Hill
DL Watt, Sieler, Jones, P Smith, Simmons, Lawrence, Z Smith
LB Morrow, Deablow, To'oTo'o
DB Holland, Winfield, Wallace, Bell

QB Mahomes, Tannehill
RB Mostert, Pacheco, Montogmery, Pierce, Ford, Warren, Javonte Williams
WR Chase, Allen, Sutton, Pittman, Doubs
TE Kelce, Hurst, Dulcich
DL Hunter, Cooper, Allen, Autry, Carter, Young
LB Franklin, Oluokun, Singleton
DB Smith, Curl, Love, Byard, McKinney

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:21 pm

colonnaj94 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm I see your dilemma, tough place to be with that build. Outside of Chase and Burrow, there is no other asset on your team that I would not trade for the right price. Some players may see a bit of elevated value as the season goes, so timing of your deals could be important. As with any retool, I would not force a deal and would not trade just to trade but for the right price, I would be looking to start a full rebuild/retool. Burrow and Chase are great young pieces to build around in any format and maximizing value on the market throughout the year is going to be very key as a fair amount of these assets could have a short sell window. Chark, JuJu, Henderson and maybe Jones II if he has a good couple weeks stick out as the best options to hopefully shoot for 2023 picks as they may be cheaper. Looks like a tough task, but could be very rewarding if you pull off some smart moves. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I had one offer to move Chark, Smith-Schuster and Henderson for a 2023 1st and a 2022 2nd, but that felt a bit light to me. Should I try to sell them individually?
That does seem a bit light. From the right owner, Chark and JuJu are worth a 1st each and Henderson will see a value increase if he stays the top guy and produces somewhat well. Yes, I would shop all your pieces individually.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:07 pm

I would just say don’t just sell for the sake of selling; wait until next year after Juju lands elsewhere. 2nds aren’t worth much to me; it might take a while but be patient

shiningaxl
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby shiningaxl » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:39 pm

I would start rebuilding but like others said don't just sell to sell. Get good value (even if it's 2nds or 3rds) and eventually you can move those picks or build through the draft. When the trade deadline hits a lot of contenders are willing to pay to go all the way.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty Superflex, 0.5 PPR, TE Premium 1 PPR, 29 player roster+ 10 player Taxi
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, Flex, IDPx 5

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts
RB: Tony Pollard, Joe Mixon, Javonte Williams, DeAndre Swift, Leonard Fournette,
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Tee Higgins, D.J. Moore, Diontae Johnson, Jakobi Meyers, Tyler Boyd, Noah Brown, Van Jefferson, Rondale Moore
TE: Dallas Goedert, Dalton Schultz, Noah Fant,
IDP: Roquan Smith, Jordyn Brooks, Kyzir White, Devondre Campbell, Nick Bosa, Blake Cashman, Kaden Elliss, Cody Barton, Tremaine Edmunds, Drue Tranquill, Troy Anderson, Shaq Thompson

Taxi: RB (Tyrion Davis-Price, Pierre Strong), WR (Skyy Moore, Marvin Mims, Josh Downs), TE (Jelani Woods, Luke Musgrave), IDP (Will Anderson, Christian Harris, Drew Sanders)

2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

2024 Picks: 1 1st, 3 3rds, 1 4th, 1 5th
2025 Picks: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 1 5th

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 pm

Gordon, Coleman 2nd and 3rd =1st
Rojo and Chark= 1st and 3rd
Henderson and 3rd = 1st
Gotta start getting creative and target those 2023 picks or combine for younger assets (Jeudy comes to mind)
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,