The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby TheNuts » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:38 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:11 pm To be fair, by all of Goodell's prior actions and all of the controversy surrounding him, it was a very long shot he would be allowed to play in the league ever again. ET got kicked out for spit roasting some chick with his brother right? AP served some time for beating his kid with a switch. Rice was toast after elevator-gate. Kaep was done after kneeling. Hill *allegedly* broke his kid's arm and has quite the past in regards to domestic altercations. You be dumb to sell for less than a couple firsts, but you'd also be dumb to pay a couple firsts imo.
No, it wasn't. I was in every thread telling people he would not be suspended, and that the actions of his fiance were questionable enough so that he wouldn't be suspended. I got so many cheap shares of Hill that year. Including drafting him in the 5th of a startup where I was told I'm a giant moron for taking him that early

I was also blasted for owning such a vile human being on my fantasy team. Which brings me to one of the most perplexing things about sports. If a player commits some horrible act on a team, everyone demands he be removed, but then they can care less that he ends up on another team. If it's a talented player, the original team loses out on the talent while the new team gains talent. It makes ZERO sense.

One person who blasted me personally for owning Hill, owned Joe Mixon on his team. Of course to him that was OK because Mixon paid for his crime. So it was demanded I lose out on Hill's talent so that someone else can benefit. Wtf is the matter with people?
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:43 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:11 pm To be fair, by all of Goodell's prior actions and all of the controversy surrounding him, it was a very long shot he would be allowed to play in the league ever again. ET got kicked out for spit roasting some chick with his brother right? AP served some time for beating his kid with a switch. Rice was toast after elevator-gate. Kaep was done after kneeling. Hill *allegedly* broke his kid's arm and has quite the past in regards to domestic altercations. You be dumb to sell for less than a couple firsts, but you'd also be dumb to pay a couple firsts imo.
People were bailing for much less value than that. Like, a 2nd round pick in value.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:52 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:38 pm
No, it wasn't. I was in every thread telling people he would not be suspended, and that the actions of his fiance were questionable enough so that he wouldn't be suspended. I got so many cheap shares of Hill that year. Including drafting him in the 5th of a startup where I was told I'm a giant moron for taking him that early

I was also blasted for owning such a vile human being on my fantasy team. Which brings me to one of the most perplexing things about sports. If a player commits some horrible act on a team, everyone demands he be removed, but then they can care less that he ends up on another team. If it's a talented player, the original team loses out on the talent while the new team gains talent. It makes ZERO sense.

One person who blasted me personally for owning Hill, owned Joe Mixon on his team. Of course to him that was OK because Mixon paid for his crime. So it was demanded I lose out on Hill's talent so that someone else can benefit. Wtf is the matter with people?
Oh believe me, I don't care who I have on my team, I'd rock an all douche bag team if I could (assuming all at or near prime; Mixon, hill, rice, Hernandez, AP, etc) that argument never made sense to me. But my risk tolerance personally was not high enough to throw two firsts at a great talent that I thought was very likely going to be playing in the XFL/arena ball to start the season. Iirc the prosecutor basically said he did it but there wasnt enough evidence to charge him and he was lucky for it.

Either way congrats because scooping up hill on the low will be league a winning move for years to come. (And screw anyone that gives you flack for owning a douchebag, FF has literally not irl impact on anything...)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:43 pm
People were bailing for much less value than that. Like, a 2nd round pick in value.
I would have been throwing a second for hill in a heart beat, how many second rounds work out anyways? Might as well kick the can at a for sure top 3 WR if he doesn't get booted from the league.

Lowest I could get the guy in my league to was 2 first and at that price I had to pass
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:00 pm

My Mahomes/Tyreek stack has won me a number of games that I had no business winning. I'll have the highest score of the week whilst going up against the 2nd highest scorer. One of my best acquisitions.

Saw someone mention people's top WR from ~3 years ago. Mine was Odell (most people's 1 at the time), Tyreek, MT, Adams and Hopkins. This was around the time Juju was coming close to these ranks. I would've thought Tyreek would've been the most volatile of all those players.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:42 am

We were on the TYFREAK train before they had even printed the tickets. But with that being said and being in the minority here that stated we don't know the truth about what all happened with his son's situation so until proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt we saw it as a toxic relationship w/ the baby momma. All parties were at fault for putting a child in the middle of their drama.

Still we traded Hill anyways for a mid-late 3rd rd after putting him up for the highest bidder (best we got in our 48 hr window deadline) Don't believe the mom was acting on the son's best interest trying to sabotage Tyreek's career by leaking stuff. We did the trade after he was caught on a recording saying " bi°*h you need to be afraid of me"

But on the field no one matches his physical and skills combo. We traded out of the 1.05 (Dalvin Cook) to get Hill and the 1.09 (which became Kamara @ 1.11). We got roasted for that deal. Hill wasn't a wr1 and never would be anything more than a gadget guy. Kamara was buried behind Ingram and A.P. so we got two bench pieces for a 3 down stud albeit w/ his own character concerns. Yada, yada ...

Proving we are no genius our 3rd rd pick was Rodney Anderson (Okla. ) of multiple surgeries fame. Knew we weren't getting anything near equal value but thought we'd get a guy that would play at least 1 down in the NFL. Still it provided fodder for conversation and we would've got bonafides from the WOKE crowd except we still rostered Mixon , R. "NUT JOB"Anderson, D. Guice & every other degenerate we could.(we sorta have a theme running throughout our acquisition processes)

Thinking we need to hire Dan Campbell as a team consultant to the front office 😏

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:39 pm

I still hate him
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:06 pm

joeday wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:39 pm I still hate him
Cant say Im a fan either, but if I can roster him at a reasonable price you bet I will
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 am

How do you feel about the mother ??? (Sincerely asking)

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 am

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 am
How do you feel about the mother ??? (Sincerely asking)
Who cares?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:34 am

KC needs to add another solid WR if they want to win another SB. But for fantasy as currently constructed, Hill and Kelce's situation is gluttony.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:27 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:34 am KC needs to add another solid WR if they want to win another SB. But for fantasy as currently constructed, Hill and Kelce's situation is gluttony.
If Watkins could've stayed healthy, he would've been the perfect fit

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:54 pm

I don't hate him, but it never feels fun winning with players like him.

Very clearly can't question the talent though.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: The Tyreek Hill Thread

Postby j4pac » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:37 am

Tyreek Hill is the real life Ant Man. Dude is so good. He says that he’s retiring in a few years but it’s hard to imagine him not continue to destroy defenses 3-4 years from now
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Tyreek Hill Thread

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:06 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:37 am Tyreek Hill is the real life Ant Man. Dude is so good. He says that he’s retiring in a few years but it’s hard to imagine him not continue to destroy defenses 3-4 years from now
Going to be one of those guys I just hold on to. Haven't had a reasonable offer for him past 2 years and he's a STUD