Carter vs Gainwell

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Carter vs Gainwell?

Michael Carter
43%
Kenneth Gainwell
57%

Total votes: 14

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Carter vs Gainwell

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:21 am

Who will have more Dynasty value?
Michael Carter seemed like the clear choice after the draft, but has his lackluster preseason along with Gainwell play change things now.
I have one league with a late draft coming up and debating these two in round 2.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Carter vs Gainwell

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:44 am

I would rather gamble on Carter and opportunity. They both project similarly overall though.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:05 am

I think I will be on an island, but I liked Gainwell quite a bit coming into the draft process and he has looked the part. If Carter is available, you should look to trade down, but I would rather own Gainwell.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:59 am

Gainwell looked good in the pre season, and Carter did not. I don't think either have lead back potential, so give me the RB with the better receiving skill set. Gainwell.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby doublesticks » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:32 am

We had our live local 10 team, 10 player keeper draft (18th year) on Sunday night and I had to pick between those guys. The problem in this draft was that one guy owned 6 of the first 16 and was going to be in a position to clean up on the guys I wanted if I let them drop and tried to get them later (I had 1, 7 and 17) .

Anyway, I gave Carter some thought at 1.07, but I am a Marshall fan and feel like he has a very high ceiling and opted to go WR. Carter fell to the other guy at 12 and I took Gainwell at 17. If I was going to take one of those at 1.07, it would have been Carter, due to opportunity, but I was very happy to get Gainwell on top of Marshall.