Value of Randall Cobb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ryhan1014
Rookie
Rookie

Randall Cobb

Postby ryhan1014 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:04 pm

If he does get traded back to GB - which sounds increasingly likely - what’s his value? Is he worth picking up ?
12-team, .5ppr (20 man roster). Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2FLX(WRT), 1TE

QB: J. Allen, R. Wilson, D. Jones
RB: J. Taylor, S. Barkley, M. Sanders, Z. Moss, K. Mitchell, T. Spears
WR: T. Hill, J. Jefferson, T. Higgins, K. Allen, P. Nacua, D. Moore, T. McLaurin, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson
TE: M. Andrews, D. Kincaid, D. Allen
K: J. Tucker
Def: Cowboys, Raiders

2019: 10-6 (Runner up)
2020: 11-4 (Champion)
2021: 15-2 (Runner up)
2022: 14-3 (Champion)
2023: 10-5

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Randall Cobb

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:15 pm

Nah

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:49 pm

For a free waiver add, sure why not. Drop that Seattle or Detroit UDF WR that’s not gonna latch on anywhere anyway…
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:45 pm

Nah

I wasn't playing dynasty when he was good, but I took a look at his stats. He was a stud in 2014 and for the first 3 games of 2015, then fell completely off the face of the earth. I can only imagine his value in dynasty back then.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:19 pm

I added him as the 30th man (33rd if you include the taxi squad) on a roster a few weeks back because I thought it was weird that he was on waivers in a league where nearly 400 guys are rostered.

He’s probably good for 10 points per game or so. For context, this particular league is 12 team SuperFlex and we start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, and 3 Flexes. I guess if you have really shallow starting requirements there’s no reason to add him (or any low upside guy), but in my leagues these guys generally end up starting a few games for somebody.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 am

I like him as a depth bye week filler. (WR5 type) He can still play. He was very good in Dallas a couple of years ago and played well in his 10 games last year overall. ( I think he had 20 first down catches last season which was close to 50%) He suffered a toe injury in week 11 last year.

I would say he is a poor man's Cole Beasley type at this point. Rodgers is so good he will target him when open and not be afraid to throw him open.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:11 am

How much will Randall be involved out of the slot?

If you have some of the other weapons in the offense Funchess, MVS, Lazard, Amari Rodgers, and Tonyan how worried are you about Aaron looking for Cobb on first or 2nd reads?

Gutey's presser he flat out admitted that the reason they brought in Cobb was to make Aaron happy and that it was very important to Aaron. He also said through discussions they will have packages for Amari and Randall. The dude has not even had a practice in the offense yet and he has packages for him in the offense? I think if you are a fantasy manager that looks ahead it's not a bad idea to go and get Cooper now instead of trying later. Cobb had 5 double-digit games out of the 10 he played in last season for Houston. In PPR are you adding him or are you thinking he is just a buddy for Aaron to have in the locker room and a mentor to Amari?  I had him already in one league from last season as a deep bench wide receiver and he was a good spot start for me in that league. He was very good for depth last year for me. I added him in another contract keeper salary league when the rumor broke just as a speculative add. I can release him at any point in the off-season if I wish. I had the room due to flipping TreQuan Smith for a pick in next year's rookie draft, so he is the low man on the totem pole of the roster.

What are you doing? Are you interested in Cobb or staying far away?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:36 am

I would absolutely want to own him. Wouldn't pay more than a 3rd, though. Rodgers will definitely get him touches.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:59 am

I grabbed him in the one league where he was on waivers. I won’t go out of my way to acquire him though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:28 pm

I think he will be good for real life football, giving Rodgers a valuable option he trusts in crucial points of games, but I don't think anything more than WR3 is in the cards for Cobb. This hurts Amari Rodgers value for this year, no doubt. Somebody paid about 12 percent of their WW budget to acquire him in a league I am in. I honestly didn't even know he was on the wire, or may have bid, maybe 20 percent at most., FWIW.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:28 pm I think he will be good for real life football, giving Rodgers a valuable option he trusts in crucial points of games, but I don't think anything more than WR3 is in the cards for Cobb. This hurts Amari Rodgers value for this year, no doubt. Somebody paid about 12 percent of their WW budget to acquire him in a league I am in. I honestly didn't even know he was on the wire, or may have bid, maybe 20 percent at most., FWIW.
Yeah pretty much this. Even back then when he was relevant (pretty much 3+ years ago) he felt like a streaky WR3 with a decent floor in PPR. He'd have some big games every year but then go cold and have 3 for 40 the next few weeks.

I'd expect he may have some 5+ Rec games and get into the end zone every so often. Nothing I'd want to rely on though and he doesn't have any value due to his age.