The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby CGW » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:17 am

dvpkwys wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 am Doesn't seem like he is going to play this year. Also the trading price is massive!
Correct on both points. He likely won't play this year as his deposition isn't until February 2022...unless he settles. And his price should be massive, franchise QBs don't grow on trees. I think the 5 firsts ask is a bit high, but 3+ seems very realistic.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am

Imagine this series of events-
1-Houston trades Watson for some bundle of picks
2- Houston sells the QB acquired in the Watson trade for more picks (Detroit, Atlanta, Washington?)
3- Clearing off Watson's contract leaves them about 62 mil in cap space
4- With a bevy of picks, including a high one after tanking, Houston throws down serious cheddar at FA Aaron Rodgers (Darnold to GB in Rodgers sign and trade?)

Too bad there's Easterby and don't know about the Culley coaching staff, but it's a fun series of thoughts.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2021/5/27 ... ans-future
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:46 am

A year from now he'll be a top 5 QB and worth a ton in SF and 2 QB.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:12 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am (Darnold to GB in Rodgers sign and trade)
The whole set of events seems unimaginable, but you really lost me on this part. How did Darnold get from CAR to HOU?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:26 am

CGW wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:17 am
dvpkwys wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 am Doesn't seem like he is going to play this year. Also the trading price is massive!
Correct on both points. He likely won't play this year as his deposition isn't until February 2022...unless he settles. And his price should be massive, franchise QBs don't grow on trees. I think the 5 firsts ask is a bit high, but 3+ seems very realistic.
I can't imagine a GM risking 1st round picks for Watson anytime soon. My guess is he will be deactivated weekly if the team can't find a way to suspend him without pay. At some point he will get traded but this year it would have to be pretty cheap and probably near the trade deadline.

Of course I thought Rodgers would be traded so there is that! :crazy:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:29 am

Ice wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:26 am
CGW wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:17 am
I can't imagine a GM risking 1st round picks for Watson anytime soon. My guess is he will be deactivated weekly if the team can't find a way to suspend him without pay. At some point he will get traded but this year it would have to be pretty cheap and probably near the trade deadline.

Of course I thought Rodgers would be traded so there is that! :crazy:
I agree, zero chance the Texans trade him cheap which means it won't happen soon. As soon as the legal matters have a resolution, there will be suitors (already are from the sounds of it).

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:12 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am (Darnold to GB in Rodgers sign and trade)
The whole set of events seems unimaginable, but you really lost me on this part. How did Darnold get from CAR to HOU?
Probably coulda cleared it up with more conditionals/hypotheticals. Three teams discussed the most in a Watson trade already have projected starters- Philly (Hurts), Miami (Tua) and Carolina (Darnold). Acquiring a QB in a Watson deal doesn't mean they have to keep him.

I can't remember where, but I read recently that Darnold was seen "talking" with GB front office staff. Can't recall details, but it was creating some sort of impression that they were fans of Darnold.

So, IF Houston acquires Darnold in a Watson trade, they could THEN later trade him in a Rodgers deal. Hell, make it a 3 way between between GB/Houston/Carolina. Because yeah, that happens in the NFL.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:50 am Looks like 2 more women have filed criminal complaints, and apparently neither one is part of the 22 women who have also filed civil suits. That takes us up to 24 women who have filed against Watson, 10 of them have filed criminal complaints and the 22 with civil suits.

This likely is not going away soon and there’s no way right now to get any kind of a read on how this affects his career, both short term and long term.
How in the hell do you get into trouble with that many different women? Dude, maybe stay home now and then.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 pm

I have a tough time seeing how he plays this year. I don't believe he will play for the Texans, and legal issues won't be until February, unless a settlement is reached. Then comes the suspension. Could be the back half of 2022, or even 2023 before he plays.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:47 pm

Deshaun Weinstein
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Walter W. wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:55 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:50 am Looks like 2 more women have filed criminal complaints, and apparently neither one is part of the 22 women who have also filed civil suits. That takes us up to 24 women who have filed against Watson, 10 of them have filed criminal complaints and the 22 with civil suits.

This likely is not going away soon and there’s no way right now to get any kind of a read on how this affects his career, both short term and long term.
How in the hell do you get into trouble with that many different women? Dude, maybe stay home now and then.
Definitely a fetish for the massage parlors

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:33 pm

With ten criminal complaints filed, and 22 civil cases pending, I can't see any team trading for this guy right now. I am guessing, as I said earlier, it's the 2nd half of 2022 at the earliest he's on a field. This is really unprecedented territory.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:34 pm

I have a connection with someone who works for the Eagles... not high ranking or anything but usually has a feel for things before they happen. He said PHI is dead set on acquiring Watson fwiw. Who knows how it plays out but I always value his insights. PHI is tricky now that they may lose that extra 1st next year with the Wentz injury.

I think Carolina or Denver would be his best landing spots. PHI could be decent but feels messy a bit... but there are some weapons and that division is going to feature some shootouts.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:02 pm

Needalife wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:34 pm I have a connection with someone who works for the Eagles... not high ranking or anything but usually has a feel for things before they happen. He said PHI is dead set on acquiring Watson fwiw. Who knows how it plays out but I always value his insights. PHI is tricky now that they may lose that extra 1st next year with the Wentz injury.

I think Carolina or Denver would be his best landing spots. PHI could be decent but feels messy a bit... but there are some weapons and that division is going to feature some shootouts.
Have to think plans may have changed over the past 4 days within any organization and the news 10 criminal complaints have now been filed. Not discounting what you are saying, but I just can't imagine any team trading for him right now. I don't think people are taking this seriously enough in the FF community at this point. 10 criminal complaints, 22 civil cases. Yes, he's a star QB, but that doesn't give him carte blanche. This is really unprecedented stuff, and to make a trade for what Houston is wanting right now, if it turns ill, would all but guarantee a GM never gets a job at any level in the NFL again, and guarantee mud on his name for a long time.

In regards to Howie, that would be throwing caution to the wind, as his legacy will be the first Eagles GM to bring a SB, but if he trades for Watson and these cases go south, it could severely damage his legacy, and you have to think he knows that.

In terms of playing for the Texans, that's almost for sure not happening. He's currently on the scout team, and they even putting him at deep safety, in certain parts of the process. They must be trolling him, after he showed up to simply avoid fines.
Janiel Dones Truther

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:03 am

Needalife wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:34 pm I think Carolina or Denver would be his best landing spots.
Charlotte was VERY interested in acquiring Watson before these allegations. Since the allegations, not one decision maker of the Panthers has said the team is still pursuing Watson. A couple of players have said they'd like him to join the team, but not the decision makers.

I don't see Carolina happening at all. After the Rae Carruth and Greg Hardy incidents, the last thing the Panthers want is to bring in a player characterized as an abuser of women. It doesn't matter if he's eventually found guilty or not. That many complaints and lawsuits is enough to make Charlotte look for other options - the Panthers have learned by now that talent doesn't overcome these sorts of shortcomings. I'd bet my house that Watson will never play in a Panther uniform.
Last edited by Anteaters on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock