Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Aaron Rodgers wants out?

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Rodgers just sees the end and really does not want to play along. He got a good look at what happened to Farve and does not want that for himself. You drafted my replacement and want me to be a bridge and I'm not down with that. It happens in the real world too. Had a buddy making pretty good money in the "IT" world and perhaps he was doing too well. The company wanted to "release" him but wanted to pay him to bring his replacement up to speed for decent money. My buddy said go climb a tree (I don't think he used those words). The way he tells it they seemed shocked. The point is Rodgers was not okay with the Love pick. He thinks they should want to roll with him and you know what he is right. They are going into year two of Love's rookie deal. They need to see what he can do. It's going to be a crazy week with Rodger's and Watson. Not to mention I expect a heck of a lot more injuries in the coming weeks. Covid-19 trickle down. No OTA's for some teams. Players not showing up for voluntary camps. The brutal year it was. Handcuffs might be more important this year.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:00 pm

I think the most obvious takeaway from this is that Jordan Love sucks and you should sell him right now. If GB thought Jordan Love was any good, why the hell would the Packers be so intent on keeping Rodgers?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:12 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:00 pm I think the most obvious takeaway from this is that Jordan Love sucks and you should sell him right now. If GB thought Jordan Love was any good, why the hell would the Packers be so intent on keeping Rodgers?
GB is not the expert on QB evaluations… going so far as to draft Brian Brohm in the 2nd round the year Rodgers took over Favre’s starting role.

It also makes a lot of sense to go with one of the known GOATs over young QB that’s at best going to take a year to learn how to win.. GBs roster is ready right now.. and who knows how long they’ll be able to keep this roster intact?

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:08 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:41 pm Rodgers just sees the end and really does not want to play along. He got a good look at what happened to Farve and does not want that for himself. You drafted my replacement and want me to be a bridge and I'm not down with that. It happens in the real world too. Had a buddy making pretty good money in the "IT" world and perhaps he was doing too well. The company wanted to "release" him but wanted to pay him to bring his replacement up to speed for decent money. My buddy said go climb a tree (I don't think he used those words). The way he tells it they seemed shocked. The point is Rodgers was not okay with the Love pick. He thinks they should want to roll with him and you know what he is right. They are going into year two of Love's rookie deal. They need to see what he can do. It's going to be a crazy week with Rodger's and Watson. Not to mention I expect a heck of a lot more injuries in the coming weeks. Covid-19 trickle down. No OTA's for some teams. Players not showing up for voluntary camps. The brutal year it was. Handcuffs might be more important this year.
I think you mean GB saw what Farve could do by always playing the maybe i will maybe i wont retire game, and GB has decided not to blink this time.

Rodgers is pissed that the packers have drafted players that do not directly help Rodgers. If the packers don't want him to be the qb there, they should either trade or release him. Rodgers is just doing what he can to force their hands.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:51 pm

The Jordan Love pick might end up being one of the worst picks in NFL history. Not only are they looking at a "bust," they may also lose their HOF QB, too, directly because of the pick.

Also, Rodgers really is too sensitive. It's crazy.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:51 pm The Jordan Love pick might end up being one of the worst picks in NFL history. Not only are they looking at a "bust,"
Based on what? Love exhibited some big league traits and characteristics that were pretty much universally acknowledged by those familiar with his play in college and by scouts. He was a polarizing pick, just like Rodgers was. Love was generally considered to need to watch for a year before playing in the NFL to change some bad habits, but he was also considered to be a candidate to go in the top 10 picks, so maybe GB saw huge value picking him at 26, very similar to what they did with Rodgers.

Love being a bust seems to be a common assumption in a lot of the thoughts regarding Rodgers situation right now. He may be, but I don’t see where anyone has sufficient evidence to make that call definitively at this time.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:20 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:51 pm The Jordan Love pick might end up being one of the worst picks in NFL history. Not only are they looking at a "bust,"
Based on what? Love exhibited some big league traits and characteristics that were pretty much universally acknowledged by those familiar with his play in college and by scouts. He was a polarizing pick, just like Rodgers was. Love was generally considered to need to watch for a year before playing in the NFL to change some bad habits, but he was also considered to be a candidate to go in the top 10 picks, so maybe GB saw huge value picking him at 26, very similar to what they did with Rodgers.

Love being a bust seems to be a common assumption in a lot of the thoughts regarding Rodgers situation right now. He may be, but I don’t see where anyone has sufficient evidence to make that call definitively at this time.
100% agree with this.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm Love was generally considered to need to watch for a year before playing in the NFL to change some bad habits, but he was also considered to be a candidate to go in the top 10 picks, so maybe GB saw huge value picking him at 26, very similar to what they did with Rodgers.
His "big league trait" is his arm, and the fact that he's mobile (but not exceptionally so for a modern era QB). It's not so much "changing some bad habits" as it is developing key skills required to play Quarterback in the pros - timing, proper footwork, the ability to read coverages. The only thing that was "generally" acknowledged by all scouts was that he was a project pick, and that you'd better have a plan to develop him if you took him.

I never recalled him garnering universal hype as a top 10 pick, I think it was more all over the map than that. Most grades I've found from my searching of pre-draft evaluations right now are mid-to-late 1st, and some are as low as a 3rd round pick. Herbert, Burrow, Tua - those guys were universally top 10. Love, not so much.

You can't tell me right now with everything that has transpired that the Packers made a smart choice with that pick. They were one win from the Superbowl last season, and their two biggest outlays in rookie draft capital were strictly on the sidelines for those entire playoffs. In a year that featured truly great rookies in players like Justin Jefferson, Jonathan Taylor, Antione Winfield Jr, Chase Claypool... the fact the Packers didn't come out with ANY year-1 difference makers from an all-time class is a massive L.

They bungled it, right from the moment they decided not to tell Aaron Rodgers what they were doing. They wanted to show him that he wasn't untouchable. Great job on that... it's time to sign the divorce papers and make good on what you started.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:27 pm

Rodgers might have been somewhat of a polarizing pick since they had Favre, but Favre had been talking about retiring and Rodgers slid FAR and fell in GB lap. They traded up for Love and have been clowned for it ever since. Love has not shown me he is anywhere near as talented as Rodgers. Last year Love couldn't even hit the target on the net from 15yds out and was getting laughed at by a teammate 🤣. I was pretty generous with giving them 5-6 wins next year w/o Rodgers and Adams
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:26 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:30 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm Love was generally considered to need to watch for a year before playing in the NFL to change some bad habits, but he was also considered to be a candidate to go in the top 10 picks, so maybe GB saw huge value picking him at 26, very similar to what they did with Rodgers.
His "big league trait" is his arm, and the fact that he's mobile (but not exceptionally so for a modern era QB). It's not so much "changing some bad habits" as it is developing key skills required to play Quarterback in the pros - timing, proper footwork, the ability to read coverages. The only thing that was "generally" acknowledged by all scouts was that he was a project pick, and that you'd better have a plan to develop him if you took him.

I never recalled him garnering universal hype as a top 10 pick, I think it was more all over the map than that. Most grades I've found from my searching of pre-draft evaluations right now are mid-to-late 1st, and some are as low as a 3rd round pick. Herbert, Burrow, Tua - those guys were universally top 10. Love, not so much.

You can't tell me right now with everything that has transpired that the Packers made a smart choice with that pick. They were one win from the Superbowl last season, and their two biggest outlays in rookie draft capital were strictly on the sidelines for those entire playoffs. In a year that featured truly great rookies in players like Justin Jefferson, Jonathan Taylor, Antione Winfield Jr, Chase Claypool... the fact the Packers didn't come out with ANY year-1 difference makers from an all-time class is a massive L.

They bungled it, right from the moment they decided not to tell Aaron Rodgers what they were doing. They wanted to show him that he wasn't untouchable. Great job on that... it's time to sign the divorce papers and make good on what you started.
This, Rodgers has proven he is sensitive, but he's not wrong.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:09 pm

The Love (and Dillon) picks being obviously terrible aside, the Packers have still built one of the best rosters in the league, with top players at WR, LT, RB, and CB. Even if Rodgers gets out he's still going to have to deal with a front office that makes mistakes that seems incompetent at times. And he'll also probably be playing with a worse roster.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:05 am

that's right, he was a project pick.

that's why they picked him 4 years before they thought they needed to start him.

who knew rodgers would get his panties all twisted up his arse? well i guess the packers FO should have known. it is their job to know their players.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 am

Love’s talents go well beyond the simplistic view you are portraying. If you think otherwise you need to watch some film. The guy has made some jaw dropping plays that were NFL caliber while in college - and not just a few of them. If you’re going to judge his ability only from the cf that was the preseason last year you’re missing a whole bunch of information - which would explain the way premature bust tag.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:35 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:05 am that's why they picked him 4 years before they thought they needed to start him.

who knew rodgers would get his panties all twisted up his arse?
if you think you'll need 4 years to develop a player, you're probably better off waiting a couple more years and pick a player that only needs two. especially at the QB position where the advantages of a starting rookie are massive.

as for rodgers getting his knickers in a twist, the world and his dog know he's a moody prima donna.

i don't think the packers' management had the "plan" to draft love, but they probably knew it was a distinct possibility. they didn't have to ask for rodgers' "permission", as some are alluding here, they just had to tell him that they would have considered drafting a QB if they thought it was the best option, and that there was a good chance of that happening.
now rodgers would have probably kicked up a stink anyway, but he would look a lot worse than he looks now.

he's been in the organization for 15 years, he's by far their best and most important player. he sees being completely out of the loop as lack of respect, a respect he thinks he's earned.

without any inside info, the impression is that rodgers is being a bit of a bitch, but also that the packers' management has blundered massively. he wants to have that respect shown to him, but now it's not as simple as having a conversation over draft plans, he now wants something over the top, a gesture/apology, like the firing of the GM or the trading of love. which is not going to happen. if he can't get that, he wants the packers to bleep off and wants to give 'em shite and go away. he's being petty and he's overreacting, but the management started it by being naive, stupid or distrusting.

well, this is how i've pictured the situation anyway. no one is right imo. just a poorly handled situation which has degenerated to a point where someone has to swallow their pride or it won't get fixed. i'm skeptical either side wants to do that, and of all the possible outcomes suggested, i think i'd put my fiver on rodgers retiring, coming back in a year's time when the packers won't be able to sustain his salary and would either have to dismantle the team to spite rodgers, or trade/cut him quickly. but i'm not sure it is savvy to take a year off at that age, and given all the cap gymnastics that we've seen this season, it might not even work as planned.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 am

I also get a kick out of people’s evaluation of GB’s business model. They’ve had 30 consecutive years of HoF caliber QBing by preparing for the diminishing skills of a stud QB by taking a talented dropping 1st round college QB in the draft while they have time to develop them, and they’re apparently the stupidest management team in the league.

You know, kind of like what the rest of the corporate world does as their best and brightest employees near retirement age and they bring on younger talent and train them up prior to that retirement.