Trade for a top TE

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Trade for a top TE

Postby dynastysports » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Legit contender team. I went Championship, 3rd, 3rd, and 2nd the last 4 years. I've already acquired CMC this offseason. The draft is almost over (we are in the 4th round). This is my roster:

12 Team PPR Start: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX
Jackson, Goff
CMC, Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Bernard, Hill, Dallas, Freeman, Benjamin, Love
Jefferson, Hopkins, MT, ARob, Shenault, Fuller, Pittman, Toney, Hardman, Reynolds, Perriman, Collin Johnson, Hurd, Mack
Engram, Ebron, Everett

I like Engram and think he will have a nice year this year, but is there a target that makes sense to put me over the top? A way to get there without giving up big pieces from my starting roster? One thing working against me is I included my 1st next year in the deal that got me CMC.

I'm open to suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade for a top TE

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:00 pm

I have learned over the years of having stacked teams, there is no last piece or a piece that puts you over the top without a doubt. That being said, in order to get a solid top producing TE it will cost too much. An up and coming gamble for me would be Smith Jr depending on price.

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:54 pm

I’d approach the Hockenson owner and see what it would take to part with him. He’s just outside the top 3 TEs names and could produce well.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Brooks, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Worthy, Burks
TE: Goedert, Bowers, Likely, Musgraves

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Hock would be my choice as well. The age of Kelce and Waller are bringing their value back down to a more reasonable value
I gave Fant, Sutton, Gage and 1st for Kelce.

good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 pm

I have been trying to trade into Hock the entire season, owners are not selling unless you are prepared to overpay. You are probably going to get better value going after Waller if you can target someone in a build. For the most part though the top 5 are untouchable and seem to be valued far higher than where they are being drafted. Kittle though is 50/50 with a lot of people.

Best bet is to try and find that hidden gem this year at TE if you need to trade into it, or buy up some depth at the position. Target players like Higbee, Trautman, Kmet or even roll the dice on Gesicki whose value has cratered.