Anyone wanna take over my team in this start up? I think it's freakin legit!

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Anyone wanna take over my team in this start up? I think it's freakin legit!

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:41 am

Chaissongreatness wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:30 am But then again this over optimistic view is probably what led you down this path of turmoil within the team/league.
Then make some easy money and bet on me not taking this team to the playoffs.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Anyone wanna take over my team in this start up? I think it's freakin legit!

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:50 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:41 am
Chaissongreatness wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:30 am But then again this over optimistic view is probably what led you down this path of turmoil within the team/league.
Then make some easy money and bet on me not taking this team to the playoffs.
And your account looks burner as well.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall

Wolfepack28
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wolfepack28 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:11 am

You're making a good case as to why you had a difference of opinion with others in your league. That really is all you needed to say on that. You talk down to anyone who doesn't love your team/strategy.

I only commish 2ppr TE premium leagues where Kelce scored 430 points. It doesn't matter if Pitts is the next Kelce, the roster overall still isn't appealing.

Continue to talk down to others, it's quite comical. You sound like a child, which makes me laugh. I look forward to coming back tomorrow and reading more of your ridiculous responses to people who don't agree with you lmao

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 am

Wolfepack28 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:11 am You're making a good case as to why you had a difference of opinion with others in your league. That really is all you needed to say on that. You talk down to anyone who doesn't love your team/strategy.
Wrong and wrong but I suspect you are wrong a lot.
Difference of opinion had nothing to do with team. I'm fine if no one likes my team/moves/strategy, makes it even better when I win.
Nobody has to like/love my team/strategy but if you dis on it, I'll defend it. That's all I've done. If you don't want it, don't like it, then move on, open your mouth and I'll reply. Simple.
Wolfepack28 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:11 am I only commish 2ppr TE premium leagues where Kelce scored 430 points. It doesn't matter if Pitts is the next Kelce, the roster overall still isn't appealing.
That's fine, that's your opinion. I'll put my resume against yours anytime you like. I'll also bet you my roster makes makes the playoffs.
So?
Wolfepack28 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:11 am Continue to talk down to others, it's quite comical. You sound like a child, which makes me laugh. I look forward to coming back tomorrow and reading more of your ridiculous responses to people who don't agree with you lmao
Pot. Kettle. Black.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 am
That's fine, that's your opinion. I'll put my resume against yours anytime you like. I'll also bet you my roster makes makes the playoffs.
So?
Again, what does "put my resume against yours" actually mean?

tbh, I think if there was to be any bet, it would require:

1. your team makes the FINALS--i could see your team being a wild card but getting knocked out Round 1-2 pretty easily

2. you can't make ANY trades--because the criticisms are on the roster itself, if you believe your roster is going to make the playoffs, you'd need to keep it as-is in order to do so.

As someone else pointed out though I feel like you'd ghost everyone if you lost the bet--after all, we can see your post history, and you did just that after you had posted your team after a startup and people also questioned your decision making. Doesn't look like you revisited the thread after the season had ended.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:23 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am Again, what does "put my resume against yours" actually mean?
My history of making money at fantasy football.

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am 1. your team makes the FINALS--i could see your team being a wild card but getting knocked out Round 1-2 pretty easily
Anything can happen in a given week. If you've played fantasy for any reasonable amount of time, you'd know this.
But you actually make my argument for me. You can see my team making the playoffs yet you want a 50% discount on it? Come on man, you don't want it fine, move along. But don't try to sell me on why you should get a discount.
heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am 2. you can't make ANY trades--because the criticisms are on the roster itself, if you believe your roster is going to make the playoffs, you'd need to keep it as-is in order to do so.
Huh? I would be able to make all the trades I'd want. If you bought the team you'd make trades, duh.
The point of this whole thing is that the make up of the team isn't in any way worthy of a discount. The assets are there is the point. Maybe they aren't in the form of what YOU would like or what YOU would do, but they are there none the less. Don't buy it. But don't try to sell me on the idea that it isn't worth full price. That's all the point I'm trying to make. I'm confident enough in it that it's making the playoffs. So, it is what it is. My differences with league mates aren't enough for me to sell at a discount so I'll just keep it.
heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am As someone else pointed out though I feel like you'd ghost everyone if you lost the bet--after all, we can see your post history, and you did just that after you had posted your team after a startup and people also questioned your decision making. Doesn't look like you revisited the thread after the season had ended.
I'll revisit any thread you like, been here for awhile. Told everyone to take Pat Mahomes and he'd be top #5 and everyone laughed. Until he was #1. Told everyone Michael Thomas would be way better that Brandon Cooks and would easily be the #1 WR on that team. Let's revisit that? But have I whiffed? Sure, lots. I'm sure we all do. But I'm here and when I whiff, I'll say I whiffed, I'll own it.

CMC and Pitts could both to down and I'd be stuck. One thing I know for sure is anything can happen. ANYTHING. But you just have to go with the odds. And the odds tell me, this roster make up is fine and has a better chance then over half the teams in the league. So yeah, I'm not giving a discount.

EDIT:
There ya go, found that tread, owned it.
Still willing to bet ya this team makes the playoffs.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:54 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:23 am

My history of making money at fantasy football.
Oh. Lame. I thought you'd have something more substantial.

Anything can happen in a given week. If you've played fantasy for any reasonable amount of time, you'd know this.
But you actually make my argument for me. You can see my team making the playoffs yet you want a 50% discount on it? Come on man, you don't want it fine, move along. But don't try to sell me on why you should get a discount.
Sorry for causing you confusion--what I meant was I could see a possibility of making the playoffs. But making the playoffs doesn't mean you win any money. I would actually also bet against the team making the playoffs as well, though not as much as I would about the team making the finals. I see the chances of this team being profitable as 0. Why would I pay full price for a team that I don't expect to make any money for 3+ years?
Huh? I would be able to make all the trades I'd want. If you bought the team you'd make trades, duh.
The point of this whole thing is that the make up of the team isn't in any way worthy of a discount. The assets are there is the point. Maybe they aren't in the form of what YOU would like or what YOU would do, but they are there none the less. Don't buy it. But don't try to sell me on the idea that it isn't worth full price. That's all the point I'm trying to make. I'm confident enough in it that it's making the playoffs. So, it is what it is. My differences with league mates aren't enough for me to sell at a discount so I'll just keep it.
No, you wouldn't. The point of this whole thing is you being very confident in the players you drafted--so much so that you're willing to bet on it. Once you bet on it, your team would need to be locked. Otherwise, the bet would be able *your* ability to trade into the playoffs, not on the actual team that is in question.
I'll revisit any thread you like, been here for awhile.

The thread is 2 years old, I think it's pretty clear you already ghosted.
Told everyone to take Pat Mahomes and he'd be top #5 and everyone laughed.

No, they didn't. Stop lying.
JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:23 am So yeah, I'm not giving a discount.
Again, that's cool man. It honestly doesn't affect me one bit--but obviously, something rubbed you the wrong way enough for you to want out. Oh well.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:21 am

See below.
Last edited by JTLoh on Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:22 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:21 am
heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:54 am Again, that's cool man. It honestly doesn't affect me one bit
Then STFU.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:22 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:21 am
heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:54 am Again, that's cool man. It honestly doesn't affect me one bit--but obviously, something rubbed you the wrong way enough for you to want out. Oh well.
Then STFU.
I'll take that as a confirmation

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:24 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:22 am I'll take that as a confirmation
Take it anyway you want. Put up the $ or shut up.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:26 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:24 am
heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:22 am I'll take that as a confirmation
Take it anyway you want. Put up the $ or shut up.
I'll bet $100 that you don't make the finals on the condition that you don't make any trades (since the criticism is the current roster, not your trading ability).

Take it or leave it.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:26 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:54 am I would actually also bet against the team making the playoffs as well...
No you won't. You just have excuses.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:28 am

DELETED BY ADMIN
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:30 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:28 am DELETED BY ADMIN
that's what I thought...