The Official 2021 Plant Your Flag thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Re: The Official 2021 Plant Your Flag thread

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 am

Antonio Gibson passes Ezekiel Elliot in consensus dynasty value for good by mid-season.

Zach Wilson will be a ROY finalist at year's end.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:03 am

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 am Antonio Gibson passes Ezekiel Elliot in consensus dynasty value for good by mid-season.

I feel like Gibson already has passed Zeke. He has for me anyway

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:30 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:03 am
pvillebiker wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 am Antonio Gibson passes Ezekiel Elliot in consensus dynasty value for good by mid-season.

Yes, Gibson is already significantly higher than Zeke in ADP anywhere I've seen.

This guy really going out on a limb with his flag plant.

I do like the Wilson call. I'm rooting for him.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:37 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:30 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:03 am

Yes, Gibson is already significantly higher than Zeke in ADP anywhere I've seen.

This guy really going out on a limb with his flag plant.

I do like the Wilson call. I'm rooting for him.
heh that's me the limb walker lol - I don't think it's anywhere near consensus yet. surprised at how many of my league mates still revere zeke & underestimate gibson. To wit, one guy offered me zeke for the 1.02, and when I declined agreed to give me gibson to move up from 1.07 to 1.02. doh! Wish I had zeke in some of those leagues so I could trade him away.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:19 pm

RB Position

Every top 6 2020 RB finishes top 16 this year--Swift and Akers mid RB1s, Taylor and CEH low RB1s (Taylor because Wentz's suckage drags down the offense) and Gibson and Dobbins high RB2s

Zack Moss pulls a 2020 David Montgomery and strings together enough TD heavy games as the Bills primary back to provide an RB2 finish despite not being anything special as a talent

Zeke still sucks and shows what anyone who has watched him has known for a while: that he is washed. Pollard starts to get more work over the course of the season

No rookie RB finishes above mid to late RB2

Myles Gaskin doesn't finish the season as the Dolphins starter

Joe Mixon has "low RB1 on PPG" finish that has 3-4 massive blowup games and a bunch of garbage games that aren't even RB2 caliber

Wayne Gallman is the most productive 49ers RB

David Montgomery is again more productive than Miles Sanders (though only a mid RB2)

Philip Lindsay is the featured back in Houston and actually a pretty usable FLEX

Javian Hawkins shows some Darren Sproles esque versatility in Atlanta in a change of pace role

James Conner is the lead back in AZ and a pretty decent RB2 when healthy

Dalvin Cook is the overall RB1

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:47 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:19 pm RB Position

Every top 6 2020 RB finishes top 16 this year--Swift and Akers mid RB1s, Taylor and CEH low RB1s (Taylor because Wentz's suckage drags down the offense) and Gibson and Dobbins high RB2s

Zack Moss pulls a 2020 David Montgomery and strings together enough TD heavy games as the Bills primary back to provide an RB2 finish despite not being anything special as a talent

Zeke still sucks and shows what anyone who has watched him has known for a while: that he is washed. Pollard starts to get more work over the course of the season

Joe Mixon has "low RB1 on PPG" finish that has 3-4 massive blowup games and a bunch of garbage games that aren't even RB2 caliber

David Montgomery is again more productive than Miles Sanders (though only a mid RB2)

Philip Lindsay is the featured back in Houston and actually a pretty usable FLEX

Javian Hawkins shows some Darren Sproles esque versatility in Atlanta in a change of pace role

What am I missing here? Everyone knows what a dumpster fire the Cowboys were after Prescott went down. Still, during the weeks he played Elliott was the #2 RB in fantasy. Then, he finished #9 overall, well ahead of Gibson. And he outscored Gibson 12 out of 17 weeks. This included the last 4 weeks so you can't even say that Gibson finished stronger. And yes I also go by the eyeball test and not just stats. Also, the O-line is returning 3 starters. Why do you think he's washed?
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:08 pm

-Robert Woods is still undervalued and will be a top 15 PPR WR yet again (for the 4th time in a row)
-Jalen Hurts lands outside of the top 15 QB range and looses his job to the Nr. 2 overall draft pick in 2022
-Julio Jones has 11 total TDs for the first time in his carrer
-JuJu finishes as the best WR in Pittsburgh
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:25 pm

This is you planting a flag, but I do not see eye to eye for a lot of these
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:53 am

Pew Dogs wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:47 pm

What am I missing here? Everyone knows what a dumpster fire the Cowboys were after Prescott went down. Still, during the weeks he played Elliott was the #2 RB in fantasy. Then, he finished #9 overall, well ahead of Gibson. And he outscored Gibson 12 out of 17 weeks. This included the last 4 weeks so you can't even say that Gibson finished stronger. And yes I also go by the eyeball test and not just stats. Also, the O-line is returning 3 starters. Why do you think he's washed?
https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/ ... uy-low-rb/

This essentially

"Bounce backs" for 26 year old RBs on their second contracts after historic usage is something I laugh at people fooling themselves into believing in every year

He is not good in real life

A bunch of volume stats propping him up fantasy wise--like David Johnson being "a mid RB1" in 2018 (the year before he was totally finished) or Le'Veon Bell a "high RB2" his first year with the Jets--isn't fooling me

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 am

Sam Darnold and Mo-Alie Cox will finish in the top 10 at their positions.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:57 am

The MAC Machine wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 am Sam Darnold and Mo-Alie Cox will finish in the top 10 at their positions.
As a Colts fan, let me be the first to say the Cox prediction isn't bold, it's a tad cra cra. He's already falling behind the rookie and Doyle will start. Hope I am wrong though
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:59 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:57 am
The MAC Machine wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 am Sam Darnold and Mo-Alie Cox will finish in the top 10 at their positions.
As a Colts fan, let me be the first to say the Cox prediction isn't bold, it's a tad cra cra. He's already falling behind the rookie and Doyle will start. Hope I am wrong though
Well, O'Doyle rules.

I'm not sure why Mo always has to put the Allie in between his name. I feel like he's missing his true calling on a duet with P. Diddy and Mase. Mo Money Mo...ahh nevermind.

I'll see myself out now.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:59 am
murphysxm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:57 am
Well, O'Doyle rules.

I'm not sure why Mo always has to put the Allie in between his name. I feel like he's missing his true calling on a duet with P. Diddy and Mase. Mo Money Mo...ahh nevermind.

I'll see myself out now.
You still get an A for Eifert. :biggrin:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pyro_6138
Starter
Starter

Postby Pyro_6138 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:38 pm

Lots of Wentz hate so I'll plant my flag in opposition.

- Wentz finishes top 8 and looks more like his MVP caliber self.

- Hurts however ends up looking every bit of the negative parts of his scouting reports, and loses his job to whoever the Eagles draft.

- CEH finishes top 10.

- Newton starts the season for the Patriots but is out of a job by the mid point of the season.

- Lock beats out Bridgewater and puts up a QB2 type of season.
10 team .5pt PPR 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, 4DL, 4LB, 4DB

QB- Josh Allen, Garoppalo, Wentz, Pickett
RB- Swift, Josh Jacobs, CEH, Breece, Penny, Pacheco, Josh Kelley, Drake, Keontay Ingram, Hubbard
WR- Godwin, DJM, Cooks, Aiyuk Jeudy, Juju, Reynolds, Pickens,
TE- Andrews, Ertz, Jordan
DL- Leonard Williams, Payne, Ojulari, Franklin-Myers, Tuitt, Greenard,
LB- Shaq Thompson, Anthony Walker, Myles Jack, JOK, Kirksey, Oweh, Ernest Jones, Kyzir White
DB - Jessie Bates, Micah Hyde, Jalen Thompson, Quandre Diggs, Moehrig, Kareem Jackson, Gardner-Johnson

10 Team 4 Keepers IDP, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2WR/TE, 2IDP Flex, 2DL, 3LB 2DB

QB - Mayfield, Carr, Zach Wilson
RB - Chubb, Najee Harris, Ronald Jones, Michel
WR - Hopkins, OBJ, Claypool, Pittman, Sutton, Chase, Rondale Moore
TE - Kittle, Higbee
DL/ LB - Bosa, Shaq Barrett, Reddick, Chubb, Jabril Peppers, Landry, Jaelan Phillips
DB - Byard, Bates, Horn