1st Year/Mid-Season Checkup.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Puchicas
Starter
Starter

1st Year/Mid-Season Checkup.

Postby Puchicas » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:42 pm

My lineup is below. We are in the first year of our dynasty league. This is also my first year of FF, ever, although I have followed football my whole life. I am 5-2 and in a 3-way tie for first.

Seeing my lineup below, what kinds of moves would you try to make, if any? Do you think I am okay at WR3 or that I need to try to do something there? Obviously, I have no strong RB1 at this point in the season, though I had been happy with Best until the concussion stuff. I have taking the long view on Chris Johnson. Is that what you would do?

Also, am I wrong in coveting the Stewart/D. Williams combo for the future? I got those guys both off waivers at different points with separate owners already bailing on them. I am predicting that Stewart will be traded and end up a starter elsewhere, because of the contract Carolina gave Williams.

Vague questions, but the like the subject says, I guess I'm just looking for some feedback from more experienced owners now that my first season is off-the-ground and things are taking shape.
Year 2 | 12-Team | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex(RB, WR or TE) | 1/2 PPR

QB TLawrence, KPickett, MRyan
RB McCaffrey, Dobbs, KWalker, Penny, Michel, Evans, JJackson
WR Chase, Samuel, Sutton, EMoore, Aiyuk, Mooney, Tolbert
TE Kittle, Jonnu, OJHoward, Trautman

'23 Picks: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Note: Empire league (Consecutive championships wins prize pool and league resets)

Weeping_Souls
Starter
Starter

Re: 1st Year/Mid-Season Checkup.

Postby Weeping_Souls » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:02 am

I would look to trade Hernandez/Finley and Williams for Graham and an RB2 from that team. Hopefully they are high on Williams
Leatherheads I
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, ST, 5 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams |5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www56.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0009

Leatherheads II - 2015 Champions
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DL, LB, DB, ST, 8 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams | 5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0007

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 am

Wow, Stewart was on waivers in a dynasty league? That owner has to be crazy
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

BLH
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BLH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Puchicas wrote:
Seeing my lineup below, what kinds of moves would you try to make, if any?
I agree on moving a TE+ something for an RB2. You need help/depth there.

Do you think I am okay at WR3 or that I need to try to do something there?
You have no "stud" WR here, although Green could get there as he is currently top 10 in my league(s). Short answer is yes. Upgrade ar WR1, 2, or 3 if possible.

I have taking the long view on Chris Johnson. Is that what you would do?
This is what I would do.

Also, am I wrong in coveting the Stewart/D. Williams combo for the future? I
Coveting it yes. Be more realistic about what you are seeing from this offense. Cam is going to steal the show (i.e touches) from them both.

I am predicting that Stewart will be traded and end up a starter elsewhere, because of the contract Carolina gave Williams.
Don't count on it.

I think you have a skilled and young team with some good risk/reward (i.e. Vick). You will need to upgrade somewhere (RB or WR) to get over the hump though.
Young, Wild, and Brees (12-team PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX)
QB: Brees, Roethlisberger
RB: McCoy, Anderson, Ellington, Foster, Forsett, Randle, Stewart, Polk, K. Davis,
WR: A.Johnson, Fitzgerald, Hilton, G. Tate, Colston, Wayne
TE: Bennett, Pitta, Gates, Daniels

Puchicas
Starter
Starter

Postby Puchicas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:05 pm

BLH,

Is Mike Wallace not considered a stud receiver to go along with Green?
Year 2 | 12-Team | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex(RB, WR or TE) | 1/2 PPR

QB TLawrence, KPickett, MRyan
RB McCaffrey, Dobbs, KWalker, Penny, Michel, Evans, JJackson
WR Chase, Samuel, Sutton, EMoore, Aiyuk, Mooney, Tolbert
TE Kittle, Jonnu, OJHoward, Trautman

'23 Picks: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Note: Empire league (Consecutive championships wins prize pool and league resets)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:14 pm

andrewfroboy wrote:Wow, Stewart was on waivers in a dynasty league? That owner has to be crazy
Short rosters and new league, which might have other new owners unfamiliar with the dynasty format.

Williams' production this year has been spotty and he has only one good game. Given this league's setup (10 teams, short rosters), Williams is droppable in my eyes.

In fact, I'd be unhappy with all the RBs you have outside of Johnson. If you can get someone to overpay for Murray, I'd consider it. I'd have bailed on Best a while ago.

Also, not a fan of your WR3 spot. Perhaps a Murray/Harvin package could net you either a strong RB2 or a great WR.

Another thing- what's the QB scoring setup? I'm in one league where passing TDs are 4, but rushing TDs 6. Affects the value of QBs like Rodgers. Performance bonuses for QB rushing could also affect their value.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:25 pm

It's a nice team. Investigate the landscape of your league's owners and see what might make sense for you. Moving a TE is a good enough idea, I agree.

I'd keep the guys in bold and let anyone else be fair game in trade for the right price.

QB Vick, Roethlisberger (sell either or both!)
RB C. Johnson, Best, J. Stewart, D. Williams, D. Murray
WR Wallace, AJ Green, Harvin, S. Rice, Manningham
TE Finley, A. Hernandez
D Ravens
K Kasay

So move TEs, QB(s), RBs, and/or WRs to upgrade at RB1/RB2 would be my first move, in all likelihood - depending on your league.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

sunnyd23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sunnyd23 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Vick is the chip to make the most on. I would also consider Finley or Hernandez to upgrade elsewhere. Otherwise, I'd sit tight. You have one of the most consistent WR's in Wallace, a future stud in A.J. CJ2K is in a down year. You won't get what you deserve. Best is also a player to look to move. He has so many issues with his head. If you could move him and Hernandez for a solid RB2 then you would be in great shape. Don't forget to grab picks from the bottom-5 in your league. They can be great assets.
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4