General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:31 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:38 pm Mock drafts going

FYI—currently going between 4-7
Without knowing landing spot, I can live with that. I want to say where I'd draft him would be landing spot dependent but I'm trying to figure out a bad spot. Detroit? That'd open the possibility for more slot/wide snaps while Hock dominates in line. Dallas for too many mouths. NYG and Denver for that and QB/coaching staff uncertainty.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:52 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Without knowing landing spot, I can live with that. I want to say where I'd draft him would be landing spot dependent but I'm trying to figure out a bad spot. Detroit? That'd open the possibility for more slot/wide snaps while Hock dominates in line. Dallas for too many mouths. NYG and Denver for that and QB/coaching staff uncertainty.
A bad spot would be any unimaginative OC/HC. If hes used in the traditional role with his hand in the dirt I think that will limit his upside and maybe even playing time.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:53 pm

The only one of those that would bother me is Denver, because he and Fant are already very similar and even Albert O is kind of a lesser version of him, but they won't be taking him so not a big concern.

Detroit would be very interesting, I think he and Hock would complement each other very well and could be used differently to a lot of success (similar to how I think NE will use Henry and Jonnu).

Dallas and the "target sharing" argument doesn't scare me at all, Dalton Schultz finished 9th in targets among TEs last year playing with those same guys and he's no Pitts. All those WRs would open it up a lot for Pitts and defenses would have nightmares trying to cover all 4 guys, plus Gallup is probably gone after this year with all the contracts they've handed out recently.

NYG is still in need of reliable weapons in the receiving game even with the Golladay signing, and he can quickly become their best receiving weapon. The Pitts/Engram combo might be a little awkward at first, but he'll be traded or allowed to leave in free agency if they did add Pitts.

Ultimately I think he goes 4, 5 or 6 though and there really isn't a landing spot that would change how I value him.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:34 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:53 pmDallas and the "target sharing" argument doesn't scare me at all, Dalton Schultz finished 9th in targets among TEs last year playing with those same guys and he's no Pitts. All those WRs would open it up a lot for Pitts and defenses would have nightmares trying to cover all 4 guys, plus Gallup is probably gone after this year with all the contracts they've handed out recently.

NYG is still in need of reliable weapons in the receiving game even with the Golladay signing, and he can quickly become their best receiving weapon. The Pitts/Engram combo might be a little awkward at first, but he'll be traded or allowed to leave in free agency if they did add Pitts.

Ultimately I think he goes 4, 5 or 6 though and there really isn't a landing spot that would change how I value him.
I'd think it'd be more relevant for the 2020 Prescott snaps. That'd filter out Dalton and account for Lamb joining.

Amari, Gallup, Lamb, Schultz, Jarwin, Zeke, Pollard joined by Pitts is an awesome supporting cast for Prescott, but I gotta ding Pitts. With the Giants, he'd have Barkley siphoning touches with Daniel Jones and Jason Garrett, both uninspiring.

Pitts can still go in the 4-6 range by trade up. It's kinda why I didn't look beyond the top teens

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:34 pm Amari, Gallup, Lamb, Schultz, Jarwin, Zeke, Pollard joined by Pitts is an awesome supporting cast for Prescott, but I gotta ding Pitts. With the Giants, he'd have Barkley siphoning touches with Daniel Jones and Jason Garrett, both uninspiring.

Pitts can still go in the 4-6 range by trade up. It's kinda why I didn't look beyond the top teens
Boy, I have to say I agree with this part. Jones is awful, and Garrett is not anything close to what I'd consider a "creative" offensive mind. NYG would indeed be a bad landing spot.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:48 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:34 pm I'd think it'd be more relevant for the 2020 Prescott snaps. That'd filter out Dalton and account for Lamb joining.

Amari, Gallup, Lamb, Schultz, Jarwin, Zeke, Pollard joined by Pitts is an awesome supporting cast for Prescott, but I gotta ding Pitts. With the Giants, he'd have Barkley siphoning touches with Daniel Jones and Jason Garrett, both uninspiring.

He had 7 targets per game in the full games Dak played, 4.77 with Dalton.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Perhaps the Niners moved up so they can pair Pitts with Kittle.....lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on The Chargers.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:14 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:53 pmDetroit would be very interesting, I think he and Hock would complement each other very well and could be used differently to a lot of success (similar to how I think NE will use Henry and Jonnu).
My concern with Detroit is the possibility that Dan Campbell wants to go with a ball control offense. Worst case scenario, it's unimaginative/conservative, and of course Goff looks to be the starting QB.
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:48 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:34 pm I'd think it'd be more relevant for the 2020 Prescott snaps. That'd filter out Dalton and account for Lamb joining.

He had 7 targets per game in the full games Dak played, 4.77 with Dalton.
Though I mentioned, but several concerns-
1- sample size (Lamb and Prescott games limited to a handful of 2020)
2- how would touches split between Schultz and Pitts
3- how would Jarwin factor into TE snaps/targets

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:17 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:14 pm 2- how would touches split between Schultz and Pitts
3- how would Jarwin factor into TE snaps/targets
Who cares? If you add Pitts neither them are priorities in the passing game anymore, they'll rotate in for certain sets and situations and get what they get but Pitts is a clear upgrade. Plus Schultz is in the last year of his deal like Gallup, having a guy like Pitts already on the roster means you can fairly easily just let them walk and replace them with cheap rookies, saving money to invest back into the OL and Defense after signing several skill players to big money deals. Drafting Pitts (or any player) isn't just about this year or how he fits into the current roster, rosters change quickly in the NFL and can be very different from one year to the next.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:09 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:53 pm

The only one of those that would bother me is Denver, because he and Fant are already very similar and even Albert O is kind of a lesser version of him, but they won't be taking him so not a big concern.

Detroit would be very interesting, I think he and Hock would complement each other very well and could be used differently to a lot of success (similar to how I think NE will use Henry and Jonnu).

Dallas and the "target sharing" argument doesn't scare me at all, Dalton Schultz finished 9th in targets among TEs last year playing with those same guys and he's no Pitts. All those WRs would open it up a lot for Pitts and defenses would have nightmares trying to cover all 4 guys, plus Gallup is probably gone after this year with all the contracts they've handed out recently.

Giants fan here and we don’t need anymore offensive weapons lol.

Golladay and Slayton out wide
Shepard in the slot
Engram/Rudolph at TE
And Saquon at RB

That’s a pretty solid group already. We need Oline 10x more than we need another receiving weapon.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:14 am

I wouldn't be worried if he landed in DAL or NYG, at least not because of the other pass catchers. The DAL TE are average at best.

NYG pass catchers are by no means a stacked group. Engram is injury prone and the WR aren't alphas... I'd be more worried about the QB there...

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:33 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:14 am I wouldn't be worried if he landed in DAL or NYG, at least not because of the other pass catchers. The DAL TE are average at best.

NYG pass catchers are by no means a stacked group. Engram is injury prone and the WR aren't alphas... I'd be more worried about the QB there...
1. Pitts won’t even be there by our pick anyways
2. We just signed Rudolph to pair with Engram, so we don’t need to draft a third TE.
3. We just brought in Golladay and he is most definitely an alpha receiver. Saquon counts too.

Would it be cool for us to get someone like Pitts? Sure.

But we need one of the top lineman badly, or at the very least one of the defensive studs.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 am

Kmani6 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:33 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:14 am I wouldn't be worried if he landed in DAL or NYG, at least not because of the other pass catchers. The DAL TE are average at best.

1. Pitts won’t even be there by our pick anyways
2. We just signed Rudolph to pair with Engram, so we don’t need to draft a third TE.
3. We just brought in Golladay and he is most definitely an alpha receiver. Saquon counts too.

Would it be cool for us to get someone like Pitts? Sure.

But we need one of the top lineman badly, or at the very least one of the defensive studs.
I don't think Rudolph is a huge factor, but it definitely decreases TE need. I completely forgot about Golladay already though lol he's an alpha. Shepard and Slayton are not but can be serviceable 2/3. And yes, please go OL and help out Saqoun

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:18 pm

Haven't read much in the thread, maybe it's been answered?... Can he block?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:25 pm

sloth8u wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:18 pm Haven't read much in the thread, maybe it's been answered?... Can he block?
He needs to work on it and he'll never be a dominant blocker, but it's not nearly as big an issue as many try to make it to be because it's really the only area of his game that can be criticized. He's not being drafted to block anyway.