All in for Jamarr Chase?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All in for Jamarr Chase?

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:24 am

8 Team 2 QB 0.5 PPR

Team 1 in Sig

Give: Jerry Jeudy+one of 3 2022 firsts (likely in the 3-6 range)+DJ Chark+Mike Gesicki

Get: 1.1 (would definitely take Jamarr Chase)+Baker Mayfield

I plan on taking a QB at 1.6 and didn't intend to pursue the 1.1--but thought this opportunity for a guy like Chase (who I see and a Can't Miss guy on the level of every elite WR prospect I have seen in my lifetime) had to at least merit an offer when the 1.1 holder put it on the block

This offer intrigued him more than any of the others he had gotten (though he thinks I want Najee/Lawrence--unintentional smokescreen I guess) and he said he'd prefer to get a middle round pick this year back with the package to put it over the top (which I could definitely pull one way or another)

I have plenty of depth and ammo and really think a guy like Chase's ceiling is worth so much more in an 8 team league but I do consider whether it would just be better to go for a guy like Allen Robinson for considerably less

Then again the thought of having a Burrow/Chase stack with a WR core built to stand for years is super enticing, and I just don't see any way Chase misses

Thoughts?

If I can't get a mid round pick this year, throwing in a guy like Mims to this offer could likely put it over the top too (1.1 holder loves Mims) though I kind of like him too admittedly

I like Baker as an under the radar buy too and think a QB group of Burrow/Stafford/Tannehill/Baker/Zach Wilson could set me up for quite some time at the position (and is likely safer than using the 2022 first I'm giving on a guy like Rattler/Howell next year)

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Re: All in for Jamarr Chase?

Postby Dynos » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:55 am

can you remove DJ chark in the deal?
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:15 am

I love Chase, especially in relation to the rest of this class, but I have a really hard time calling any WR can’t miss. Chase is one that I’d consider close though. We don’t know quite yet that Burrow/Chase will be a stack, so I wouldn’t factor that in yet either.

It really doesn’t hurt your team to lose any of the guys you mentioned, so if you view Chase’s ceiling as that much higher Jeudy in particular, I’d take Chase.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:01 am

You can afford this price if you dont want to miss out on Chase. Pricey, but the 1.01 always is in any format. Tough moving Jeudy in my eyes.

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:08 am

a bunch of nickles.....if I had the 1.01.....at a minimum I would want the 1.06 and a 1st next year.....then add in Juedy......
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:52 am

Pay the price if Chase is your guy.
But "can't miss" is not a way to describe very many rookie WRs...and definitely not Chase IMO. He had one insane year of production and I am not sure his measurables will be that eye popping. Don't count on the JB/JC stack either.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:00 am

PBFalcon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:52 am Pay the price if Chase is your guy.
But "can't miss" is not a way to describe very many rookie WRs...and definitely not Chase IMO. He had one insane year of production and I am not sure his measurables will be that eye popping. Don't count on the JB/JC stack either.
I guess I agree on the rookie WRs thing

But he ran a 4.38 which was faster than I was expecting and I don't see how a guy with an airtight analytical profile drafted top 5 overall in the NFL Draft who was the dominant alpha over a WR who has since set the NFL on fire and abusing corners who have since proven to be good in the NFL with great rookie seasons (Trevon Diggs, AJ Terrell, CJ Henderson) and making them look undraftable isn't the best WR prospect in a decade

The stack was more of a bonus

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:02 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:00 am
PBFalcon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:52 am Pay the price if Chase is your guy.
I guess I agree on the rookie WRs thing

But he ran a 4.38 which was faster than I was expecting and I don't see how a guy with an airtight analytical profile drafted top 5 overall in the NFL Draft who was the dominant alpha over a WR who has since set the NFL on fire and abusing corners who have since proven to be good in the NFL with great rookie seasons (Trevon Diggs, AJ Terrell, CJ Henderson) and making them look undraftable isn't the best WR prospect in a decade

The stack was more of a bonus
I think the general rule for a 40 time at a pro day is to add .5 seconds (to make it comparable to the NFL combine time). But that still puts him in the low to mid 4 s.
I'm not trying to burst your bubble on chase. The guy looks really good. But if you look back over 10 years of the NFL draft I am pretty sure you will find comparable or better prospects that busted. It happens, and it's impossible to predict it seems.
But if you think this highly of Chase...then you should pay the price and go get him. you will kick yourself if he turns out to be what you think he is going to be, and you didn't go get him.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:02 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:24 am a guy like Chase (who I see and a Can't Miss guy on the level of every elite WR prospect I have seen in my lifetime)
Best to go with your convictions. The price is small (if you can get it done for what you've stated) as you're not giving up anyone from your starting lineup.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:41 am

If you have been offered this, for sure would take. It is only 8 teams but still is start 2QBs.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:22 am

collbey wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:41 am If you have been offered this, for sure would take. It is only 8 teams but still is start 2QBs.
This is the basic framework that has interested the 1.1 holder. I likely need to add a little bit (like somehow acquire a late 2nd this year and throw that in) to put it over the top