Sorry AJ Dillon owners

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Re: Sorry AJ Dillon owners

Postby jjleurquin » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:50 am

zaner75 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:25 pm Well this has devolved quickly. I agree with the takes that letting your All-Pro center walk is the bigger mistake over signing your starting RB. Unless GB has a reasonable replacement ready to take over, there will likely be a negative impact on the offence as a whole.
I'm a 49ers fan and watching the struggles of them trotting out 5th stringers at C and RG, you just knew that in any high-leverage situation, that would bite them in the @$$.
As a Herbert owner in both of my dynasty leagues, I was happy to see them bolster their OL with Linsley.
GB has been very good at drafting and developing O-lineman, so I don’t think Linsley was a better option than Jones but spending that money on a WR might’ve been a better use of their $. Though I think the gap between Jones actual talent and the perceived talent by the fantasy community is very large. Noone made a fuss about CMC and Cook who are getting payed more than Jones, and yes he should be in that talent bracket he just doesn’t get as much usage.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:30 am

jjleurquin wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:50 amNoone made a fuss about CMC and Cook who are getting payed more than Jones, and yes he should be in that talent bracket he just doesn’t get as much usage.
Ha! I certainly did. I fuss after every big RB contract. I fuss when teams draft RBs in the 1st round. And I fuss when they design their offenses around RBs.. I like to fuss.
tresskid84 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:35 pmIf they cut him after this year, they will incur 9.75 mil in dead cap based on the 13M signing bonus proration. After 2022 will be the more realistic cutting point (unless its a June 1st cut, in which case its 3.25 in 2022 and 7.5 in 2023)
Thanks for pointing this one out. I didn't think about the bonus being prorated. But it certainly makes sense.. So a 2-year-and-we'll-see deal.

And guys. He's a one dimensional back.
MFundercover wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:38 am A one dimensional running back like Dillon needs a lot of volume to be a RB1, and he won't get it in Lafleurs system. He might be a good player in NFL, but his fantasy ceiling is capped to a TD dependent RB2 because of his play style.
MFundercover wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:39 pm He's a one dimensional running back who is a zero in the pass game. Players like him need a ton of volume to be RB1s, and he landed in the wrong situation to get that chance. His ceiling is that of a touchdown dependent RB2 or RB3, with upside as a handcuff. Just look at what similar players have done in recent years, Sony Michel, Marlon Mack, Jordan Howard, Alf Morris, with the outlier being Derrick Henry (who almost lost his football career under Lafleur).
MFundercover wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:44 pm Dont feel bad about passing on Dillon. One dimensional backs need a ton of volume to be fantasy relevant. His upside isnt as high as Higgins. Overall I think you had a good rebuild draft. Tua/Higgins are a nice takeaway, and Can Jefferson/Cephus are nice dart throws.
MFundercover wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:03 pmDillon is a zero in the pass game. The only way for a ayer like him to hold any significant value in fantasy is through a lot of volume. I really dont see him ever being a Henry-like bellcow. Even if they can't afford to resign Jones McFleur will never ditch the rbbc. He does hold handcuff value with td upside, but counting on him to ever fill a running back position for a contending fantasy team is for chumps.
MFundercover wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:05 pmAll anybody wants to talk about with Jones is TD regression. But nobody mentions that he was the 2nd most effective fantasy running back per touch (behind CMC). He had the 2nd highest ypc against stacked boxes (behind Mostert). He has been the single most efficient running back inside the 10 yard line since he entered the league, and he is coming off an overall rb2 finish. We're talking about an elite talent at his prime age on a team committed to the run. Green Bay has shown interest in resigning him, so his lingering contract extension is an indication of their cap situation rather than Jones as a player. It's hard to see a one dimensional player like Dillon, who is a zero in the pass game take an overwhelming workload from Jones. 100% of ECR chooses Jones over Akers. Hot takes like this are a good way to lose your league. I would honestly bet 10 grand that Jones outscores Akers next season barring injury.
MFundercover wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:11 pmIt's hard to see a one dimensional rookie like Dillon take a significant workload from Jones.
MFundercover wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:14 pmI disagree. It's hard to see a one dimensional back like Dillon taking a substantial workload away from Jones next season. Jones has been the most efficient running back inside the 10 yard line since coming in to the NFL, so his touchdowns won't just evaporate. All anyone wants to talk about with him is TD regression, but he was the 2nd most efficient running back per touch last season (behind CMC). He was 2nd best against 8 in the box (behind Mostert). Point is, he's an elite talent at the top of his game in a run first offense, but nobody wants to talk about it. The same questions with Jones can be applied to just about every back outside of the elite tier. His floor is still a high rb2, which is pretty valuable to a contender, especially when hes slotted as a flex.
MFundercover wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:57 amIt's hard to see a one dimensional rookie like Dillon taking a significant workload from Jones next year. But his contract is a big question. Green Bay did have negotiations with him (twice) but wasn't able to make a deal. With other free agents at key positions and a tight budget, his contract situation is more about the salary cap than a vindication of Jones as a player.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:38 am

DonBrazi wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:30 am I like to fuss.
Fuss....fuss.... I think he like to scream... at *us*
MFundercover wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:11 pmIt's hard to see a one dimensional rookie like Dillon take a significant workload from Jones.
Probably he means no *harm*...

*waits around to see if anyone understands me*

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:47 am

Well, I’ll put my faith in Gutenkunst over all of you exspurts. He took over a team that was 6-9-1 in 2018, installed a rookie HC, and made some pretty shrewd moves to get them steadily improving in virtually all aspects from what they were. GB’s D has gotten progressively better, they have a very sound and productive running game, and despite all the hand wringing and pillow biting over not drafting a WR with a top pick last year Rodgers had what was the most efficient and effective year of his career as the offense was #1 in scoring and #5 in offensive yards. And that’s with the transitional players he drafted that a bunch of you here are whining about.

You’ll notice that Rodgers isn’t bitching any more. Success and forward vision does that, I guess.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:58 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:47 am
You’ll notice that Rodgers isn’t bitching any more. Success and forward vision does that, I guess.
He DID make A shrewd move in that trade with NO. That was bleep MONEY! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Then we botched the followup.

Justify last year's draft all you want, but they didn't play for us last year and probably only Dillon plays for us this year. And we lost Linsley. (Whomever above mentioned we develop/draft late round OL well, actually has a solid point.)

As for Rodgers not bitching anymore....

Following Sunday's 31-26 NFC Championship Game loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Rodgers said his future is "uncertain."

"A lot of guys' futures that are uncertain, myself included." Rodgers said. "That's what's sad about it most. Getting this far. Obviously there's going to be an end to it at some point whether we make it past this one or not. Just the uncertainties is tough and the finality of it."

"I don't know. I really don't," he said. "There's a lot of unknowns going into this offseason now. I'm just going to have to take some time away for sure and clear my head and just kind of see what's going on with everything. But it's pretty tough right now, especially thinking about the guys that may or may not be here next year. There's always change. That's the only constant in this business.

"It's really tough to get to this point. Really, really tough, especially with there only being one bye week, playoffs, it's a grind to get to this point. And that makes the finality of it all kind of hit you like a ton of bricks. That's why it's a gutting feeling in your stomach."

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:15 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:38 am
DonBrazi wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:30 am I like to fuss.
Fuss....fuss.... I think he like to scream... at *us*
Probably he means no *harm*...

*waits around to see if anyone understands me*
:clap:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:58 am
:lol:

Seriously? Taking this kind of quote immediately after such a tough playoff loss? Yeah, you just go ahead and hang your hat on that.

You’ve got to be a closet Bears’ fan. You can’t be that jaded that you can’t see the substantial improvement on the field in the past two years. Maybe you shoud apply for Gutenkunst’s job since you’re so much smarter than he is.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:36 am

This has obviously become a One Dimensional Thread!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:45 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 am
Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:58 am
:lol:

Seriously? Taking this kind of quote immediately after such a tough playoff loss? Yeah, you just go ahead and hang your hat on that.

You’ve got to be a closet Bears’ fan. You can’t be that jaded that you can’t see the substantial improvement on the field in the past two years. Maybe you shoud apply for Gutenkunst’s job since you’re so much smarter than he is.

Just trying to keep track here.... now the goalposts are the difference between a lame and fractured relationship with McCarthy and Ted Thompson? Got it. In keeping with the new goalposts, yes, the team was better last year than the end of those years. That isn't saying much. We still got utterly embarressed by a Jimmy G led 49ers team (much the same as the Kaep led 49ers team) because after a decade we still don't have a MLB worth a damn. (See prior comments regarding last year's draft) And this year we STILL had a coach botching critical moments.

Regale me with the praises of Rashan Gary and his 7 sacks across 31 games. Sing to me songs of Ty Summers the 7th round MLB and his 44.8 PFF grade starting for us. Reaffirm the promise of drafting TEs in the 3rd 2 years in a row, only to have the in house guy we had all along be the starter. Calm my fears about the only WRs we have drafted since Ty Montgomery have been 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders - the highest of which J'Mon Moore was out of the league after 1 season. Comfort me in the blanket of Valdes-Scantling and his sub 700 yards all 3 seasons despite Adams being the only legitimate target on the team.

You know.... after convincing me that Love, Dillon, and a TE were the best moves last year to help out this team.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 am

Ice wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:36 am This has obviously become a One Dimensional Thread!
Hey! We’ve got a perfectly good pissing contest going on about how stupid the Packer GM is despite taking over a 6-9-1 team and getting them immediately to back-to-back 13-3 seasons and a few questionable calls from the SB.

The offseason is so much fun!

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:11 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 am
Ice wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:36 am This has obviously become a One Dimensional Thread!
Hey! We’ve got a perfectly good pissing contest going on about how stupid the Packer GM is despite taking over a 6-9-1 team and getting them immediately to back-to-back 13-3 seasons and a few questionable calls from the SB.

The offseason is so much fun!
So this is what it looks like when an adult becomes emotionally attached to a team that will never so much as meaningfully acknowledge his existence. Neat.

Kidding, this is an extraordinarily sad display.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:26 pm
Farley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:57 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:34 pm

Easily the stupidest 13-3 team in the league.
Do they give out trophies for going 13-3 in the regular season?
It puts them in the right spot going into post season, doesn’t it? I guess you’d prefer an alternative?

It’s okay. While the rest of the league plays checkers GB is playing chess. Cheer on that short game of playing for this year. GB plays long ball. We’ll see how it shakes out.
We've already seen how it shakes out. Rodgers, somehow, only has 1 Super Bowl ring despite being one of the greatest QBs ever. Green Bay has wasted his talent. The organization hasn't been able to make the moves to help get him over the hump again despite his heroic efforts at times.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:02 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:28 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:26 pm
Farley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:57 pm

Do they give out trophies for going 13-3 in the regular season?
It puts them in the right spot going into post season, doesn’t it? I guess you’d prefer an alternative?

It’s okay. While the rest of the league plays checkers GB is playing chess. Cheer on that short game of playing for this year. GB plays long ball. We’ll see how it shakes out.
We've already seen how it shakes out. Rodgers, somehow, only has 1 Super Bowl ring despite being one of the greatest QBs ever. Green Bay has wasted his talent. The organization hasn't been able to make the moves to help get him over the hump again despite his heroic efforts at times.
So the GM and HC who have been on the job for 2 seasons are accountable for all the previous years of Rodgers’ career also?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:14 pm

Rodgers has as many superbowl rings as Brees, Marino, Fouts, Rivers, Luck combined :)

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:50 pm

DonBrazi wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:30 am
jjleurquin wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:50 amNoone made a fuss about CMC and Cook who are getting payed more than Jones, and yes he should be in that talent bracket he just doesn’t get as much usage.
Ha! I certainly did. I fuss after every big RB contract. I fuss when teams draft RBs in the 1st round. And I fuss when they design their offenses around RBs.. I like to fuss.
tresskid84 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:35 pmIf they cut him after this year, they will incur 9.75 mil in dead cap based on the 13M signing bonus proration. After 2022 will be the more realistic cutting point (unless its a June 1st cut, in which case its 3.25 in 2022 and 7.5 in 2023)
Thanks for pointing this one out. I didn't think about the bonus being prorated. But it certainly makes sense.. So a 2-year-and-we'll-see deal.

And guys. He's a one dimensional back.
MFundercover wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:38 am A one dimensional running back like Dillon needs a lot of volume to be a RB1, and he won't get it in Lafleurs system. He might be a good player in NFL, but his fantasy ceiling is capped to a TD dependent RB2 because of his play style.
MFundercover wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:39 pm He's a one dimensional running back who is a zero in the pass game. Players like him need a ton of volume to be RB1s, and he landed in the wrong situation to get that chance. His ceiling is that of a touchdown dependent RB2 or RB3, with upside as a handcuff. Just look at what similar players have done in recent years, Sony Michel, Marlon Mack, Jordan Howard, Alf Morris, with the outlier being Derrick Henry (who almost lost his football career under Lafleur).
MFundercover wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:44 pm Dont feel bad about passing on Dillon. One dimensional backs need a ton of volume to be fantasy relevant. His upside isnt as high as Higgins. Overall I think you had a good rebuild draft. Tua/Higgins are a nice takeaway, and Can Jefferson/Cephus are nice dart throws.
MFundercover wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:03 pmDillon is a zero in the pass game. The only way for a ayer like him to hold any significant value in fantasy is through a lot of volume. I really dont see him ever being a Henry-like bellcow. Even if they can't afford to resign Jones McFleur will never ditch the rbbc. He does hold handcuff value with td upside, but counting on him to ever fill a running back position for a contending fantasy team is for chumps.
MFundercover wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:05 pmAll anybody wants to talk about with Jones is TD regression. But nobody mentions that he was the 2nd most effective fantasy running back per touch (behind CMC). He had the 2nd highest ypc against stacked boxes (behind Mostert). He has been the single most efficient running back inside the 10 yard line since he entered the league, and he is coming off an overall rb2 finish. We're talking about an elite talent at his prime age on a team committed to the run. Green Bay has shown interest in resigning him, so his lingering contract extension is an indication of their cap situation rather than Jones as a player. It's hard to see a one dimensional player like Dillon, who is a zero in the pass game take an overwhelming workload from Jones. 100% of ECR chooses Jones over Akers. Hot takes like this are a good way to lose your league. I would honestly bet 10 grand that Jones outscores Akers next season barring injury.
MFundercover wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:14 pmI disagree. It's hard to see a one dimensional back like Dillon taking a substantial workload away from Jones next season. Jones has been the most efficient running back inside the 10 yard line since coming in to the NFL, so his touchdowns won't just evaporate. All anyone wants to talk about with him is TD regression, but he was the 2nd most efficient running back per touch last season (behind CMC). He was 2nd best against 8 in the box (behind Mostert). Point is, he's an elite talent at the top of his game in a run first offense, but nobody wants to talk about it. The same questions with Jones can be applied to just about every back outside of the elite tier. His floor is still a high rb2, which is pretty valuable to a contender, especially when hes slotted as a flex.
MFundercover wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:57 amIt's hard to see a one dimensional rookie like Dillon taking a significant workload from Jones next year. But his contract is a big question. Green Bay did have negotiations with him (twice) but wasn't able to make a deal. With other free agents at key positions and a tight budget, his contract situation is more about the salary cap than a vindication of Jones as a player.
You actually dug through all of these posts? :lol:

Really no reason for everyone getting so upset over this, but that's the dlf forum I guess. Act rude and obnoxious, then shift the narrative like it never happened afterwards. Very sad.