Sorry AJ Dillon owners

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Sorry AJ Dillon owners

Postby mild » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:07 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:30 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:17 pm Good to see the Dillon truthers still able to come up with a narrative.
Guy's going into his 2nd year. Why the need to be so smug? Do you think it's actually a "thing" to win the Internet?

It would be more enjoyable to read your posts if you actually added something of value to the conversation. Instead of just trolling those who are trying to do just that.

But you do you man.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thankyou for saying it.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:56 pm

I'm no capologist.. not at all. But my understanding is that the AJones contract only really ensures he's in GB for 2021. $13M guaranteed (as a signing bonus) at $12M a year.. they cut him after 2021, there's no real dead cap hit.

If I was a Dillon guy, I'd still be a Dillon guy. Just maybe a slightly disappointed Dillon guy.

The real takeaway from all this has already been said:
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:44 amThe Packers are a terrible franchise buoyed by two of the top 5 QB's of all time for the past 3 decades.
And it's not just the 2020 draft. They've drafted roughly 1 high-end player over the last half-decade..
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:15 pm

DonBrazi wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:56 pm I'm no capologist.. not at all. But my understanding is that the AJones contract only really ensures he's in GB for 2021. $13M guaranteed (as a signing bonus) at $12M a year.. they cut him after 2021, there's no real dead cap hit.

If I was a Dillon guy, I'd still be a Dillon guy. Just maybe a slightly disappointed Dillon guy.

The real takeaway from all this has already been said:
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:44 amThe Packers are a terrible franchise buoyed by two of the top 5 QB's of all time for the past 3 decades.
And it's not just the 2020 draft. They've drafted roughly 1 high-end player over the last half-decade..
Yep. The rose colored goggles in the packerwire link are just that. It isn't just the last draft class. Again, look over the past years in the link I posted on page 4. It's a disaster.

And again, seemingly lost in this Jones resigning bit, is that we let a top 1-2 center walk.... he's now protecting Herbert.

The way this has played out makes me legitimately think that they didn't know what they were doing last year to this year. Let's recap:

1. Drafted Love. I think most can agree this is of little value right now. You had a prior and now current MVP as the starter. But more to the point, if you thought you were doing to let Linsley walk, this draft slot is PRIME position where you can nab a top center or guard to move to center. We took a QB. A top LB is also in play here, which was a need.
2. Dillon. If you wanted to resign Jones hopefully, then don't make this pick. Resign Jones AND Williams - who has filled in admirably, is loved by the fans and teammates alike including Jones. But we took a RB when WR was a need. Good LBs still available here.
3. TE. We had TEs and promising ones. Deguara won't start this year either.

None of these picks helped us last year nor this year. That isn't what you do in rounds 1-3.
Last edited by Lumps on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:25 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:15 pm And again, seemingly lost in this Jones resigning bit, is that we let a top 1-2 center walk.... he's now protecting Herbert.
Huge loss right there. The Packers were extraordinarily healthy this last season, too. I believe the only notable OL they lost all season to injury was Bakhtiari late in the season... Rodgers was protected at the best rate in the league, and one of the best rates of his career.

We've seen what it looks like when he gets hit more. Best hope the Packers still have a savvy move or three to make, because I could see them regressing back to the mean in a big way this year if they don't find more talent somewhere.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Lol, I give up. AJ Dillon sexiest man alive. Buy now before it's too late. Future RB1.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:53 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:51 pm Lol, I give up. AJ Dillon sexiest man alive. Buy now before it's too late. Future RB1.
Who are you even responding to? Most of the discourse here is about how dumb the Packers are for spending a second on Dillon AND signing Jones.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:57 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:53 pm
MFundercover wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:51 pm Lol, I give up. AJ Dillon sexiest man alive. Buy now before it's too late. Future RB1.
Who are you even responding to? Most of the discourse here is about how dumb the Packers are for spending a second on Dillon AND signing Jones.
While not resigning an elite center
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:19 pm

Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:53 pm Who are you even responding to? Most of the discourse here is about how dumb the Packers are for spending a second on Dillon AND signing Jones.
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:49 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:17 pm Good to see the Dillon truthers still able to come up with a narrative.
It's possible. Jones turns 27 this year. He's already in his peak. GB will probably gradually increase Dillon's usage over the next 3 years.
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:42 pm This is Demarco Murray/Derrick Henry all over again. I’m buying Dillon everywhere.
Ice wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:38 am In Fantasy, taking a victory lap after year one on a player that doesn't hit the league running isn't the wisest move IMO.

I own Dillon in one league that I drafted with the last pick in 3rd round in an IDP league. Not sure how many out there thought he would be a stud but who knows.

What we know is Dillon averaged 5.3 YPC in limited work and is just getting started. He has huge legs and runs with power. He missed time in season on the Covid list and didn't get a chance to even have a training camp.

You have no clue if he will be a great backup, a future Stud like Henry, who didn't have a 1000 yard season until year 3, or a bust.

- Sorry, but after a year of being shouted down, and seeing other people be shouted down for suggesting Aaron may be resigned and that Green Bay was likely to add to the backfield either way, limiting Dillon's upside, I've just lost patience with the truthers make believe scenarios where he carries the ball 400 times and/or catches 50 passes on route to stardom. That door is slammed shut barring something unforeseen like injury or a trade. I would be more tactful if I didn't have to read people shouted off of forums for stating the obvious for the past 12 months. You guys want a serious response but all I'm seeing is "Well he's still got big legs" type of dead arguments.

What I originally thought about Dillon is what I still think. He's a 250 pound thumper with a 4th round grade by most scouts that was over drafted and doesn't catch passes. Whatever sliver of hope that he would develop as a pass catcher have greatly diminished as he's caught less than 30 passes total in his college and pro career combined, and is now unlikely to have a chance to develop those skills with Jones handling most of that work. A player like him (not catching passes) needs to carry the ball ~400 times or score a lot of touchdowns to become a great fantasy running back. He landed in the wrong system to get that amount of carries, and I'm not chasing touchdowns. I don't think Dillon sucks by any means. He runs hard and I think he will be effective in the increase role he's due to get going forward. He'd be a must start in any game Jones were to miss. I still have his value around a mid 2nd rookie pick as a high end handcuff.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:53 pm

I haven't seen anyone say he'd get 400 carries or 50 receptions. And I was/am pretty high on Dillon. He was going to split work with Williams provided Jones was gone and Williams had stayed.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:10 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:53 pm I haven't seen anyone say he'd get 400 carries or 50 receptions. And I was/am pretty high on Dillon. He was going to split work with Williams provided Jones was gone and Williams had stayed.
Feels like he has some guys who were trying to sell him on Dillon in his leagues and is projecting that on all of us in this forum.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:34 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:53 pm
Easily the stupidest 13-3 team in the league.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 pm

“After a year of being shouted down”???
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 amI have no Dillon shares and I have not experienced “Dillon owners” as a noticeable faction. I don’t really see the people “going through the stages of grief” either. A lot of this seems to be going on inside your own head.

“HA TOLD YOU THAT MID-LATE SECOND ROUND ROOKIE PICK WOULD BUST” is the most embarrassingly small victory I’ve ever seen somebody take a victory lap over. These guys bust all the time. You want to go dunk on everybody who took Bryan Edwards next?
Bro, this is the saddest display of emotional fragility. This whole concept of AJ Dillon having a gang of vicious truthers is a concept that exists within your own mind.

I cannot imagine how rare the feeling of vindication must be for you for this, the decrease in value of a mid-late 2nd round pick, to be one the one that you need an antagonistic victory lap on.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:42 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 pm Sorry, but after a year of being shouted down...
No-one cares, dude.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:54 pm

mild wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:42 pm
MFundercover wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 pm Sorry, but after a year of being shouted down...
No-one cares, dude.
Not asking for a pity party. Just dont expect more from me after a year of the Dillon crowd proclaiming him the next big thing, and then taking the high road when I say I told you so.