What to do with 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Broncopain
Captain
Captain

What to do with 1.01

Postby Broncopain » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:23 pm

My team here is kind of dog butt. Earned the 1.01. I feel like I can't miss here. Rb is definitely a need. Would you trade the 1.01 for a established veteran? Package say the 1.01 and next year 1st with something else for barkley? Trade back to 1.04 and kupp?

Sorry for vagueness alot of prying eyes here.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What to do with 1.01

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:27 pm

I would put the pick on the block and see what offers come. This pick will get more valuable as the offseason goes and draft season approaches, so I would not hurry or force anything. As with all assets, it comes down to return. Worse comes to worse, hold and take your pick of the best prospect.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:31 pm

I wouldn’t move 1.01 at least until after the draft. The pick’s going to see its most significant value bump then (and will keep appreciating, just not as drastically) so wouldn’t cut bait too early.
The Highwaymen
πŸ† 2020, 2021, 2022
πŸ₯ˆ 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Gator Sens wrote: ↑Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:27 pm I would put the pick on the block and see what offers come. This pick will get more valuable as the offseason goes and draft season approaches, so I would not hurry or force anything. As with all assets, it comes down to return. Worse comes to worse, hold and take your pick of the best prospect.
agree with this...do not rush. Also if you earned 1.1 you shouldnt be adding up valuable pieces for a stud...I am guess you can't afford to do so.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Wait for Najee to land in the perfect spot and press draft button

Londondynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Londondynasty » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 am

I have the 1.01 but acquired through a trade. I was the no.1 seed last year but have lost in the semis so have the 12th pick. I get the cant miss mentality. I feel pressure with it not to mess up, as I dont think I will have this opportunity for a while

Going to hold onto it until after the nfl draft and see if I can get an auction for it
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:21 am

My experience tells me that the mantra about picks only gaining value as the draft approaches is hogwash. Because everyone believes it, it's not really true. In almost all of my leagues, every year, the 1.01 is held onto in the hopes of moving it for a windfall while on the clock.. and I've never seen it happen. Only crickets. Most of the time, the guy with the 1.01 ends up drafting the 1.01, disappointed that nobody was desperate enough to pay over-market prices. Plus, people are intelligent enough to project future value and send offers today that would be sensible in May and June. I say that to dissent from the opinion that you should necessarily wait. If you find a good value today, you should feel free to make the move.

The previously mentioned idea about not trying to package up is the best advice I've seen in here. It just makes little since for teams with very few assets to package up. In most cases, you should be looking to move down and acquire picks and young players. It's the same logic we often argue NFL teams should have. Find out the maximum value you can extract from the 1.01, and then determine whether it's worth making the move.

To that idea, I'd suggest shopping for longer-term pieces. Depending on your format, that will likely be WRs. I always chuckle when teams with no shot to contend for the next 2-3 seasons gobble up RBs (who mostly have 2-4 year windows). What's the point of coveting an asset when you'll only see his points/production waste away on your roster and likely be worth less when you actually want/need those points? Anyway, I'd just be careful about buying RBs when you have a dog butt team.

All of that said, without seeing how dog butt of a roster you actually have, it's a bit tough to provide any specific ideas or thoughts.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 am

Broncopain wrote: ↑Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:23 pm My team here is kind of dog butt. Earned the 1.01. I feel like I can't miss here. Rb is definitely a need. Would you trade the 1.01 for a established veteran? Package say the 1.01 and next year 1st with something else for barkley? Trade back to 1.04 and kupp?

Sorry for vagueness alot of prying eyes here.
If your team is garbage I would absolutely not package the pick+ for Barkley or anything really. With a mess of a team you want extra assets that can gain value, not 1 asset that will be hard to gain value. Like everyone is saying, likely wait to pull the trigger on anything, but I’d shop the pick and see if someone wants to blow you away with a combination of picks and young players.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:09 am

Id start shopping now. Good trades can happen anytime, unless you arent shopping. If your team sucks, you should be looking for a strong young WR(+) in return.

I wouldn't trade the pick for Barkley or for Kupp as neither are going to help a rebuild, but the Kupp trade is in line with what I would be looking for. Something like 1.04 and Jeudy/Aiyuk/Higgins. This lets you stay in the top tier prospects while picking up assets, which you need.

Draft picks tend to pick up hype after the draft even in weaker classes, so dont rush into a bad deal just because you feel you have to. If nothing comes, draft BPA (i prefer chase) and run.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:21 am

DonBrazi wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:21 am My experience tells me that the mantra about picks only gaining value as the draft approaches is hogwash. Because everyone believes it, it's not really true. In almost all of my leagues, every year, the 1.01 is held onto in the hopes of moving it for a windfall while on the clock.. and I've never seen it happen. Only crickets. Most of the time, the guy with the 1.01 ends up drafting the 1.01, disappointed that nobody was desperate enough to pay over-market prices. Plus, people are intelligent enough to project future value and send offers today that would be sensible in May and June. I say that to dissent from the opinion that you should necessarily wait. If you find a good value today, you should feel free to make the move.

The previously mentioned idea about not trying to package up is the best advice I've seen in here. It just makes little since for teams with very few assets to package up. In most cases, you should be looking to move down and acquire picks and young players. It's the same logic we often argue NFL teams should have. Find out the maximum value you can extract from the 1.01, and then determine whether it's worth making the move.

To that idea, I'd suggest shopping for longer-term pieces. Depending on your format, that will likely be WRs. I always chuckle when teams with no shot to contend for the next 2-3 seasons gobble up RBs (who mostly have 2-4 year windows). What's the point of coveting an asset when you'll only see his points/production waste away on your roster and likely be worth less when you actually want/need those points? Anyway, I'd just be careful about buying RBs when you have a dog butt team.

All of that said, without seeing how dog butt of a roster you actually have, it's a bit tough to provide any specific ideas or thoughts.
I've gotten some of my best offers post NFL draft once names have teams.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0