Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jizz in my pants
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Who is your "guy" for this upcoming rookie class?

Postby jizz in my pants » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:06 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:28 pm Is there a way to block/ignore certain posters? Trying to find useful information amongst these children bantering is just off-putting. Keep it on topic and swing your dongs somewhere else.

Great post :thumbup:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Way too early to be dunking on Ruggs. Plus, Waddle had a better opportunity this season to not have as much competition to produce.

Him and Waddle are different players anyway despite the speed.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:23 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm Way too early to be dunking on Ruggs. Plus, Waddle had a better opportunity this season to not have as much competition to produce.

Him and Waddle are different players anyway despite the speed.
Exactly.

Ruggs was mischaracterized in an effort to elevate his talent profile. Tyreek Hill upside was never in his range of outcomes because they're very different players. Ruggs is more of a straight line speedster than a dynamic athlete in space. He can still succeed, but it'll be in his own mold.

Jaylen Waddle to Tyreek Hill is a much more apt comparison

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:24 pm Is Ruggs already past tense?
Yes. If your a Ruggs owner, like me, try selling him. He is worth nothing.
I only drafted him late first because of his draft pedigree, but I haven't watched a worse NFL receiver than him. The fact he got deep a few times actually surprises me, perhaps teams gave him too much respect as an actual quality WR at times last year.
He demonstrates no NFL skill other than speed. He is God awful.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:09 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:51 pm
I only drafted him late first because of his draft pedigree, but I haven't watched a worse NFL receiver than him. The fact he got deep a few times actually surprises me, perhaps teams gave him too much respect as an actual quality WR at times last year.
Why would you sell if he's worth nothing? Why the hyperbole against Ruggs? Surprised he got deep? He ran a 4.2x... that's the one thing you shouldn't be surprised about.

You've been banging the Ruggs is trash drum for a while now. His rookie year was not good but I'll be buying if he's "worth nothing". He was very raw coming out but has some good measurables and speed you just can't teach. This is dynasty and I think people expect every rookie WR to put up 1000 yards or bust now

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:09 pm
Why would you sell if he's worth nothing? Why the hyperbole against Ruggs? Surprised he got deep? He ran a 4.2x... that's the one thing you shouldn't be surprised about.

You've been banging the Ruggs is trash drum for a while now. His rookie year was not good but I'll be buying if he's "worth nothing". He was very raw coming out but has some good measurables and speed you just can't teach. This is dynasty and I think people expect every rookie WR to put up 1000 yards or bust now
Yes, I'm bitter because I wanted nothing to do with Ruggs initially, but reconsidered by the time my draft came. Yes, he has amazing speed. I was mesmerized by it at times at Alabama. He could chase down a guy on special teams in no time. Truly amazing.
However, he has no WR skills. Many scouts discussed this, however people talked him up in his potential and his draft pedigree. I believe they were spectacularly wrong and they should be called out for it.
The best I've been offered is a 2022 2nd, probably late. I could have sold him mid 2020 season for more...but again, I stupidly held in. I'm not going to sell him for nothing, but he is not worth anything.
Bottom line, he doesn't profile as a fantasy asset, even if he turns into an NFL asset.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:35 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Yes, I'm bitter because I wanted nothing to do with Ruggs initially, but reconsidered by the time my draft came. Yes, he has amazing speed. I was mesmerized by it at times at Alabama. He could chase down a guy on special teams in no time. Truly amazing.
However, he has no WR skills. Many scouts discussed this, however people talked him up in his potential and his draft pedigree. I believe they were spectacularly wrong and they should be called out for it.
The best I've been offered is a 2022 2nd, probably late. I could have sold him mid 2020 season for more...but again, I stupidly held in. I'm not going to sell him for nothing, but he is not worth anything.
Bottom line, he doesn't profile as a fantasy asset, even if he turns into an NFL asset.
Holy angry contradictions.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:41 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Since you seem to have soured on him, do you regret not taking a 2nd+ for him in season? It sounds like you didn't accept the 2022 2nd for him- if so, why? Because you paid more for him in the draft?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:44 am

Javonte Williams, Rashod Bateman, Trey Lance, Elijah Moore, Terrace Marshall, Tylan Wallace

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:00 pm

My guys no matter how high they are ranked

QB: Zach Wilson
RB: Najee Harris
WR: Seth Williams
TE: Hunter Long
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:59 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:00 pm
WR: Seth Williams
Funny, I thought hus 2020 season was really bad. I guess if I can get him late enough, but not as interested in him as I was last year
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Haven't done a deep dive of these late round WRs, but I suspect the depth in this class is nowhere close to where it was in 2020. Last year I was genuinely hyped for guys going 16 deep and intrigued by guys going into the 30's. The Gabe Davis, Darnell Mooney, Lynn Bowdens.

This year, the top tier is legit, but after the rock solid top 7, I've come away rather unimpressed with the later round WR's getting hyped: Dyami Brown, Seth Williams, Sage Surratt, Nico Collins, Amon Ra just don't excite me. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them get good draft capital but I won't be investing in them aside from fliers on Tylan Wallace and Tamorrion Terry.

Despite the fact that this class' RBs have been heavily criticized I suspect the value in the mid to late rounds will largely be at RB. Some interesting prospects there that could shine in the right situation (Gainwell, Hubbard, Sermon, Carter, Patterson, Stevenson, Felton)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:03 pm Haven't done a deep dive of these late round WRs, but I suspect the depth in this class is nowhere close to where it was in 2020. Last year I was genuinely hyped for guys going 16 deep and intrigued by guys going into the 30's. The Gabe Davis, Darnell Mooney, Lynn Bowdens.

This year, the top tier is legit, but after the rock solid top 7, I've come away rather unimpressed with the later round WR's getting hyped: Dyami Brown, Seth Williams, Sage Surratt, Nico Collins, Amon Ra just don't excite me. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them get good draft capital but I won't be investing in them aside from fliers on Tylan Wallace and Tamorrion Terry.

Despite the fact that this class' RBs have been heavily criticized I suspect the value in the mid to late rounds will largely be at RB. Some interesting prospects there that could shine in the right situation (Gainwell, Hubbard, Sermon, Carter, Patterson, Stevenson, Felton)
One theory I've heard is that limited/no pre draft work will lead to more late/undrafted values like names Robinson last year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:07 pm

I really like Marquez Stevenson more and more as I dive in
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:18 pm

Any chance I come away with 2 of Carter, Jefferson, or Sermon with the 2.07 and 2.10 in 1qb?

Been watching RB film, here's my list..

1. Harris
2. Javonte
3. Etienne

4. Gainwell
5. Jemar
6. Sermon
7. Carter

8. Chuba

I don't watch college football so please trash my list if I'm way off.