Bryan Edwards

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
DrowningInTheDays
Rookie
Rookie

Bryan Edwards

Postby DrowningInTheDays » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 pm

Should I move on from Bryan Edwards or continue to hold him for another season or two to see if he develops over the next few seasons?

I drafted Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, Gabriel Davis, and Chase Claypool last year to rebuild my WR depth (team in sig below) so I feel like with DK and Adams as well, I don't really need him.

If so, how much could I expect to get in return?
10 Team PPR MFL TE Premium
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K
2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Flex

QB: Allen, Watson, Rodgers, Love
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, J. Cook, Herbert, Ky. Williams, Ford
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Metcalf, London, Gabe Davis, Mike Williams, Marshall, Parker, V. Jones, Hamler
TE: Kittle, Kmet, Njoku, Jordan, Bellinger, Otton
K: McPherson
DL: Burns, Rousseau
LB: Ro. Smith, Franklin, Evans, Barton, Luvu, Werner, Morrow
DB: M. Williams, Jenkins, Gardner-Johnson, Owens, Cine

2023 Picks: None
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bryan Edwards

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:18 pm

You definitely have the depth to move Edwards, but I feel you’d be doing it at a bargain bin price. Unless someone is enamored with him, and willing to buy at value based on potential, I would hold and see if he makes a move this year. Then I’d look to move him after a value rebound.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:22 pm

At his current value (early 3rd?), I'd rather hold.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Its all about the return. I would not move him just to move him and I usually try to give WR's three years to see if they hit or not. You are not relying on him, so outside of a great offer, I see no reason to move him.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:36 pm

If it's a numbers game and you need to make a move, I think you have about 4-5 wrs that you could get someone to overpay on. If you have the roster room, I agree with the others to stick him at the end of the bench and sit on him because you won't get any value right now. Don't move him just because you have so much quality depth. Better on your bench than in someone else's lineup when he breaks out!

-oo-

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:29 am

I was never a huge edwards guy so I don’t own him anywhere, but if I did he would for sure be a hold for me assuming decent roster size. Value is deflated.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:12 am

Was Edwards healthy all season?

I was reading a tweet yesterday with some pretty in-depth analysis of rookie WRs who faceplant (this was determined by losing 12 spots in ADP). The conclusion was that few ever recover. So I agree with most here, hold for now. But I'd sell if he generates some camp buzz

EDIT: Here's the thread - https://twitter.com/DFBeanCounter/statu ... 26976?s=20
(I guess he also addressed my question about Edwards' health lol)

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:23 am

Ultimately, if he can make plays.... he's going to get some looks. I like him and own him on a few teams....... In your league, I'm guessing Edwards is a keep. If nothing more, for value alone, incase he hits.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:28 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:12 am Was Edwards healthy all season?

I was reading a tweet yesterday with some pretty in-depth analysis of rookie WRs who faceplant (this was determined by losing 12 spots in ADP). The conclusion was that few ever recover. So I agree with most here, hold for now. But I'd sell if he generates some camp buzz

EDIT: Here's the thread - https://twitter.com/DFBeanCounter/statu ... 26976?s=20
This is interesting thanks for sharing. Probably impossible to get statistically, I wonder how many WRs over that time “faceplanted” or struggled as rookies but didn’t lose enough adp spots to qualify.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:49 am

Mtt33 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:28 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:12 am Was Edwards healthy all season?

This is interesting thanks for sharing. Probably impossible to get statistically, I wonder how many WRs over that time “faceplanted” or struggled as rookies but didn’t lose enough adp spots to qualify.
Sure thing, I believe he did the same analysis on RBs if you're interested

And yeah that's true. It felt somewhat arbitrary, but I suppose it's just supposed to represent 1 full round of ADP. To your point, I'm sure there are some very interesting names on either side of that line

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:29 pm

I own him. My experience so far has been if a WR doesn't produce anything his rookie year, then he most likely is a bust. Edwards was hurt for the beginning of the season, but for 2nd half of the season he couldn't even get a target it seems like. His college tape was good, but he hasn't done anything on an NFL field that makes me think he is going to be special. Plus he was hurt a lot in college, and got hurt his rookie year. So yeah, I have basically talked myself into dropping the guy to make room for my 2nd round pick next year. Lol
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6