Where to go with this team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Where to go with this team

Postby abloom » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:59 am

I need another couple eyes on this team. in 2019 I was ahead most of the season on the backs of CMC, Evans, Hopkins, Zurlein, and NE DST and finished 2nd. In 2020 I started 5-0 with 5th victory over the eventual league winner, but finished 8-5 and out of the playoffs.

League is an FFPC league (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2FLEX, 1TE, 1K, 1DST; 1PPR, 1.5PPR for TEs) need to cut down to 14 position players (plus 1K, 1DST) end of March.

Roster:
QB: Tannehill, Wentz, Hill
RB: CMC, JT, Robinson, Fournette, Bowden
WR: Evans, C Davis, G Davis, Mooney, Lazard, Edelman, Cole, Cobb, Guyton
TE: Goedert, Henry
K: Myers, Succup (who really cares)
DST: NE, BAL (keeping NE)

2021 picks:
1.02, 2.05, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.07
2022 picks: All my own rounds 1--> 7

Planning on drafting one of Etienne, Harris, or Chase. With my RBs and WRs I'm looking more at Chase. TE i'm fine holding onto Goedert and Henry for now. And I think before 2021 season kicks off I'll probably make a trade for a vet WR if I need the boost to that group. I am looking at a QB upgrade also but my last one (Wentz for what became the 2.02) failed miserably.

Anyways wanted to know other people's thoughts on this team, ideas of possible trade targets. What players should I be looking to trade away (ie players that may have more value now than they will after the NFL draft/free agency).
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Where to go with this team

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:46 am

I think your team is in pretty solid shape overall with a bit of tweaking needed. I think Wentz bounces back, so you are fine at QB. Really nice core of RBs, but I think Robinson is for real and Taylor becomes a top tier RB this upcoming season. WR is where I think you need the most help, but I also think G. Davis makes a pretty substantial jump and C. Davis in the right system could be a top 20. Landing spots will help and BPA is the safe way to go, but that could end up being Chase who really helps your build. As of now, I prefer Chase and Smith to Etienne, but lots can change. TE, this could be the year Goedert really takes off and you are good here. Plenty of ifs, but outside of wr's, I'm not sure I would be looking to do a ton here pending prices.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:09 am

QB- looks like 1QB so you are good here. Probably dont even need Hill.

RB- solid group with CMC, JT, and JR. No tweaking needed.

WR- need lots of help. I love Evans, but hes your only sure bet as a starter. Davis, Mooney are good prospects. C. Davis and Lazard might be good fill ins but a competing roster will want to update here. I would address this in the draft with chase/smith or add a solid vet.

TE- in a TEP league this is a very average group. Assuming Goedert finally breaks out you are in ok shape, but I'd imagine the team with Kelce/Kittle/Waller have a massive advantage in your league. Can you buy one of them? If not, I would consider Pitts in the draft or hanging tight and hoping the eagles bounce back.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:14 am

Very nice team overall. As already stated, WR is the biggest point of need. I think targeting Chase is a good plan, could go Smith depending on landing spot. I think your TE group would be need spot #2, but would hold off to see where Henry lands before considering a move. I think Goedert could take another step this year also, so not a huge issue at the moment. If both start the year slow, I'd look to make a move for an elite TE then.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Tannehill has performed well enough to anchor that spot for now, and Wentz should rebound. Good RBs as mentioned and need at WR. You seem to have a good plan in mind now, so I would see how your draft goes through the 2nd in this deep class before deciding on more trades. That is, unless someone comes to you with a great offer.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:43 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:09 am QB- looks like 1QB so you are good here. Probably dont even need Hill.

RB- solid group with CMC, JT, and JR. No tweaking needed.

WR- need lots of help. I love Evans, but hes your only sure bet as a starter. Davis, Mooney are good prospects. C. Davis and Lazard might be good fill ins but a competing roster will want to update here. I would address this in the draft with chase/smith or add a solid vet.

TE- in a TEP league this is a very average group. Assuming Goedert finally breaks out you are in ok shape, but I'd imagine the team with Kelce/Kittle/Waller have a massive advantage in your league. Can you buy one of them? If not, I would consider Pitts in the draft or hanging tight and hoping the eagles bounce back.
Hill is probably gonna be a drop, picked him up for a spot start down the stretch (played him and helped). But don't really think he's a long term solution at QB. Kelce kittle, and waller are all on competitive teams. I'll probably reach out to the waller owner to see if there is anything to be done there.

I guess for now I won't worry about QB, and will just try to wait a bit.

Thanks for all the comments everyone
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07