Darnell Mooney thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Darnell Mooney thread

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:19 pm

PPE82 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:20 pm Bumping. Prospects going forward now that we’ve seen him for a full season?
I think he's a player, I just don't know what his ultimate upside is. Right now he seems more like a player you have rostered for depth. If he can get a little bigger and stronger I think he can be quite good. I think I said before that TY Hilton is the dream. I know these current Bears QB's have been terrible for him.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Lockett as an outcome doesn't seem that far away talent wise (and I love Lockett from his K State days) but the QB is the big thing

The team may have played themselves out of all except Jones or Trask with that end of season run. They don't have the cap for Wentz, Stafford is obviously not being moved there, Ryan won't be moved until next offseason IMO

And no one's fantasy value is exactly helped by a below average stopgap like Jimmy G or Bridgewater

Shagmyster90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Darnell Mooney

Postby Shagmyster90 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:45 am

I haven’t seen much talk in here on Darnell so I figured I would get your guys take on his future upside.

Pros:
-His hands are exceptional considering he had not dropped all but 1 ball all season

- He plays 4.3 speed and ability to take make big plays

- Route Running is well above average for a rookie

- A-Rob most likely departing sets him up as WR1 for the Bears

Cons:

- Small/Slender frame
- susceptible to injuries due to size (not playing this week)
- Bears QB situation puts a damper in his statistical ability

sumnerjw
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Darnell Mooney

Postby sumnerjw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:00 am

I like him better if A-Rob stays. Love his upside, lots of moving parts in Chicago this offseason could make his value go up or down. I sent a couple trade offers trying to acquire him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darnell Mooney

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:02 am

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 pm

Just traded away my remaining Anthony Miller shares after taking a look at the snap counts for the last half of the season. Mooney was playing significantly more than Miller and even had a couple games above ARob. Averaging 7 targets a game in the last 6 games of the season.

Not sure what will happen at QB..the bears are in a rough spot unless they find a way to trade up or go after a Darnold/Ryan. If they can find someone who can throw downfield at all, I think this guy is screaming buy.

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheBelgian » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:12 pm

What is Mooney's value this off-season? Mid-Late 2nd?

Martpe
Captain
Captain

Postby Martpe » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:06 pm

TheBelgian wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:12 pm What is Mooney's value this off-season? Mid-Late 2nd?
In a league on mine (SuperFlex), there is dialogue on Mooney for 2.10. So probably close to the price level one have to pay to get him
Team 1, 0.5 PPR SuperFlex: QB, FlexQB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex
QB: Watson, Herbert (Mariota)
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Dobbins (Akers, K Herbert)
WR: DJ Moore, Woods, Golladay (T Patrick, Shenault, Rondale M, Cephus)
TE: Goedert (Njoku, Bryant, Trautman)
Pick 1.01

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:10 am

From what I have seen on twitter if you were a Mooney believer the Miller move has no adjustment factor - ie he was going to breakout regardless.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:10 am From what I have seen on twitter if you were a Mooney believer the Miller move has no adjustment factor - ie he was going to breakout regardless.
Can confirm

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm

It's on for Mooney and would have been that way with or without Miller. I think Miller still has skills and talent. Perhaps a new location will be good for him. I mean another place besides Houston. :)