Matthew Stafford Thread - Year 13 Rejuvenated in LA?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Stafford, Lions Parting Ways

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:31 pm Denver?
Please
Nah I'm good

No Colts either please

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheBelgian » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:11 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:03 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:31 pm Denver?
Please
Nah I'm good

No Colts either please
Why not the Colts? Stafford would actually have a run game and a defense.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:25 pm

TheBelgian wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:11 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Please
Nah I'm good

No Colts either please
Why not the Colts? Stafford would actually have a run game and a defense.
As a Stafford owner (and fan) I'd love the Colts (and like the Broncos even)

As a Chiefs fan I don't want either team to get a QB (and in the Colts case continuity at the QB position)

I think the Colts with Stafford would be in the AFCCG if they find serviceable fixes at WR and OT

I'm hoping for the 49ers but realistically I think it's them or the Colts

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:50 pm

WAS, NE, and INDY have the money.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:05 pm

most of the rumored spots sound like upgrades for him outside of NE, which could turn around quickly with an additional Godwin/Arob/Kenny G signing. No one has said Vegas but I think that could be fun

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:05 pm most of the rumored spots sound like upgrades for him outside of NE, which could turn around quickly with an additional Godwin/Arob/Kenny G signing. No one has said Vegas but I think that could be fun
New England would be legitmately terrible--even with a WR addition

That offense hurt my eyes to watch. I'd rather have him in Detroit than that

The others look really good though. McLaurin would be a locked in WR1 with Stafford imo

PutItInReverseTerry
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby PutItInReverseTerry » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:51 pm

I personally hope he goes to Denver. Maybe not the best fit logistically, but Denver's offense is young and talented (outside of RB). Fant, Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, and Hamler would all benefit from an experienced QB who can deliver accurate balls and make better decisions than Lock has been. And what a fun receiving core for Stafford to utilize next year. Especially as a Sutton dynasty owner, I personally believe Stafford would bring Sutton to high-end WR2/low-end WR1 fantasy value, being his new Golladay in his ability to go up and snag those 50/50 balls.
Being realistic, he probably goes to Indy. Fresh off a playoff appearance, some young receivers there as well, and most important, as mentioned earlier in this thread, Stafford is probably eyeing that offensive line in Indy.
2021 Startup 10 team Dynasty league - Half-PPR non-SF - Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLX

QB: Joe Burrow, Matt Ryan, Sam Darnold
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, James Robinson, Darrell Henderson, Alexander Mattison
WR: Keenan Allen, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, D.J. Chark, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk, Gabriel Davis, Allen Lazard, Darius Slayton
TE: Dallas Goedert, Irv Smith

2021 Picks: 2.05

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Could Jerry call Dak's bluff & bring Stafford home to Dallas ?

Money would be less but would cost draft capital. Other teams probably would make better offers but a Gallup to replace Golladay plus futures might get it done.

Dak @ his asking price is a huge risk. Stafford is good for the next couple of years to match the window of Amari & Zeke. Take the $10 mil per in savings to patch up holes. In 3 years you'll be having to reset roster going forward anyhow.

Lions going to be taking a salary cap hit this year so it's a lost year. Get yourself a building block and draft your QB to groom this year together.

Not likely to happen unless Stafford plays hardball or Ford family wants to do what Matt prefers to accommodate his family. Definitely doesn't need the money and could pull a Luck if he doesn't like the spot the Lions choose leaving them empty handed(save for some extra cap space)

Seems Stafford wants to shoot for a ring so going to a long shot team won't be an easy sell. Indy, SF or Pitt should Ben retire seem best fits if not the Cowboys. Rams could be dark Horse

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:15 pm

I like the Rams Dark Horse idea. I'll throw out NO, as well.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:31 pm

Saints. They always find a way out of their cap issues.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:36 pm

Feels like this means Golladay ain't re-signing.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 pm

Blueboy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:36 pm Feels like this means Golladay ain't re-signing.
Meh

Considering they are picking a QB in the first, they have to re-sign Golladay unless they want to roll with the worst receiving corps of all time. Dan Campbell said it's a passing league and I don't think Cepheus and a 2nd/3rd round rookie (they still need defense too) are gonna cut it for developing a rookie QB

On the other hand it would be great for Hockenson and Swift

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:32 pm

I'm assuming no team with a top pick is going to want Stafford over a promising rookie. However teams like the Colts, Pats, WFT, etc I could see them giving their 1st for Stafford. Maybe even the Broncos but I think they'd rather just give Lock 1 more year than give a 1 for Stafford, but who knows I guess.

I've seen people suggest SF but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Jimmy G and Stafford seem like comparable players.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:55 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:32 pm I'm assuming no team with a top pick is going to want Stafford over a promising rookie. However teams like the Colts, Pats, WFT, etc I could see them giving their 1st for Stafford. Maybe even the Broncos but I think they'd rather just give Lock 1 more year than give a 1 for Stafford, but who knows I guess.

I've seen people suggest SF but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Jimmy G and Stafford seem like comparable players.
As someone who has seen Jimmy G up close in the biggest moment they really aren't that close. I'm not sure we have a Super Bowl if someone remotely good is the Niners QB last year (reminded me of Jags in the AFCCG with Bortles in 2017)

There's a reason that Shanahan barely trusts Jimmy G to do anything and literally called 8 passes for him in last year's NFCCG--Shanahan: the same guy who let Matt Ryan air it out all over the place for historic offensive output

Garoppolo sucks and he is more expensive than Stafford too. Getting better who also happens to be cheaper will be attractive I'm sure

He had a top OL, elite defense, great running game and at least decent weapons and couldn't get it done. That was his chance

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:16 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:55 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:32 pm I'm assuming no team with a top pick is going to want Stafford over a promising rookie. However teams like the Colts, Pats, WFT, etc I could see them giving their 1st for Stafford. Maybe even the Broncos but I think they'd rather just give Lock 1 more year than give a 1 for Stafford, but who knows I guess.

As someone who has seen Jimmy G up close in the biggest moment they really aren't that close. I'm not sure we have a Super Bowl if someone remotely good is the Niners QB last year (reminded me of Jags in the AFCCG with Bortles in 2017)

There's a reason that Shanahan barely trusts Jimmy G to do anything and literally called 8 passes for him in last year's NFCCG--Shanahan: the same guy who let Matt Ryan air it out all over the place for historic offensive output

Garoppolo sucks and he is more expensive than Stafford too. Getting better who also happens to be cheaper will be attractive I'm sure

He had a top OL, elite defense, great running game and at least decent weapons and couldn't get it done. That was his chance
He sucks but in his single fully healthy season he made it to the superbowl. Puts up numbers similar to Stafford when he's healthy. Seems like Jimmy G is the new Derek Carr. People just love to hate these guys. Just because a QB is not elite does not mean they're horrible. Believe it or not, there is an area between elite and dog water. You know, a space that Stafford has occupied for about 10 years?