Playoff discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Playoff discussion

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:54 pm

mgscott wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:30 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:28 pm That Higgins touchback is a game killer for the Browns, also I thought I was crazy blowing up at the TV for the Sorenson Helmet leading tackle but the commentators brought it up eventually. Thought I must have misunderstood the rule.
That was the first thing I saw. Obvious leading with the helmet. Also, the lamest rule in sports to gift the opponent with a touchback for not recovering a fumble. Every throw out of the endzone should be a touchback as well.
Agree on both fronts. It was a penalty and the rule is dumb regardless.

That said Cleveland was never going to win this game. They’re getting dominated
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:58 pm

The fumble out of the endzone is one of the dumbest rules in sports. No reason for a change in possession.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:23 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:54 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:28 pm That Higgins touchback is a game killer for the Browns, also I thought I was crazy blowing up at the TV for the Sorenson Helmet leading tackle but the commentators brought it up eventually. Thought I must have misunderstood the rule.
That was the first thing I saw. Obvious leading with the helmet. Also, the lamest rule in sports to gift the opponent with a touchback for not recovering a fumble. Every throw out of the endzone should be a touchback as well.

Are you sure about that? would be a one score game right now with Mahomes likely done. Also, less likely KC gets a FG before half if the correct call was made.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:31 pm

mgscott wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:23 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Are you sure about that? would be a one score game right now with Mahomes likely done. Also, less likely KC gets a FG before half if the correct call was made.
I said that before Mahomes was out. Now the play looms larger.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:59 pm

KingsKing wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:19 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:11 pm People blaming Lamar need to watch Kurt Warners breakdown of the passing concepts he’s dealing with, it’s actually laughable.

Roman is a bigger problem than people think.
Do you have a link? I wouldn't mind seeing it myself
https://youtu.be/JgfB_4DgnEQ

The offense got brought up a lot this summer and was discussed adnasuem by a variety of folks on here and talking heads. Its a very simple offense (as in high school level simple) and doesn't utilize anything outside the numbers in the passing game. Now the question you have to ask yourself is if this is because Greg Roman doesn't know how to build a better offense, or does Lamar have some serious deficiencies that they have to hide?

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:06 pm

We'll never know what would have happened if the goal line call was done correct, but sucks that the Browns don't get to find out and the Chiefs get to skate by on a bleep call. Way to go zebras.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:08 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:59 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:11 pm People blaming Lamar need to watch Kurt Warners breakdown of the passing concepts he’s dealing with, it’s actually laughable.

Roman is a bigger problem than people think.

The offense got brought up a lot this summer and was discussed adnasuem by a variety of folks on here and talking heads. Its a very simple offense (as in high school level simple) and doesn't utilize anything outside the numbers in the passing game. Now the question you have to ask yourself is if this is because Greg Roman doesn't know how to build a better offense, or does Lamar have some serious deficiencies that they have to hide?
IDK he did score an 8 or something on the wonderlic :roll:

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Browns have only themselves to blame in the end, they had chances to stop Henne. The no penalty call hurts but they still could have taken this game.

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:14 pm

Darrell Williams looked good.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Browns just went up to my 4th hated team

Hope that poverty franchise never touches the playoffs again

When your only shot at winning is knocking out the other team's QB, you do that and still get smacked by running Chad Henne :)

Before the game I was happy for them and thought I'd root for them if they won. Never again

F em

On to Buffalo

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:23 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:19 pm Browns just went up to my 4th hated team

When your only shot at winning is knocking out the other team's QB, you do that and still get smacked by running Chad Henne :)

Before the game I was happy for them and thought I'd root for them if they won. Never again

F em

On to Buffalo
Nice, magnanimous in victory, exactly what I've come to expect.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:27 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:08 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:59 pm

IDK he did score an 8 or something on the wonderlic :roll:
Lmao the offense is designed specifically for Lamar, if it’s a simple high school offense then there’s probably a good reason

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:29 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:23 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:19 pm Browns just went up to my 4th hated team

F em

On to Buffalo
Nice, magnanimous in victory, exactly what I've come to expect.
The Mahomes injury play changed everything

Still like Stefanski, Chubb, Baker and a few other players

If not for that play I'd have felt bad for them for the no call helmet to helmet

Now though? This win felt almost as satisfying as the Super Bowl--especially seeing Mack Wilson in the postgame

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:33 pm

That Mahomes play didn't look like it'd cause a concussion. No helmet to helmet, no blow to the head. The defender's hand/arm end up around and behind/under the back of the helmet and there was a pulling motion.

Not a dirty play.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:33 pm That Mahomes play didn't look like it'd cause a concussion. No helmet to helmet, no blow to the head. The defender's hand/arm end up around and behind/under the back of the helmet and there was a pulling motion.

Not a dirty play.
Maybe I am just really drunk but watching that play again it wasn't really that dirty. My bad. I'm stupid

Gg Browns. They'll be back

If Mahomes is out next week is playing with house money though