James Robinson Value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
stockerj
Role Player
Role Player

James Robinson Value?

Postby stockerj » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:47 am

Sig 2

I like what my team is so far and think I have good players for the next few years. I would like my rb core to be a bit better. So what would you sell Robinson for? Do you think he's a bell cow back or just a one and done... it's hard to judge but would like others' opinions on his future. Only reason I look at Robinson is because I got him for free and could be selling at an all time high.

2017 Champion
10 Team PPR Dynasty 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3Flex/1Defense
Qb - Allen, Wilson
Rb - Pollard, Walker, Spears, Mattison, Sanders, Jam. Williams, Hunt, Singletary, Chandler
Wr - Jefferson, D. Smith, Metcalf, Cooper, Flowers, Jeudy, Thornton, Osborn, J. Williams, Dell
Te - Goedert, Ferguson, Kmet
Taxi - White, Musgrave, McBride

2023 Champion
10 Team PPR Dynasty 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3Flex/1K/1Defense
Qb - Counsins, Goff, Richardson
Rb - Mixon, Montgomery, Jav. Williams, Barkley, Spears, Dillion, Charbonnet
Wr - Moore, Godwin, Diggs, Cooper, JSN, Chark, Carter, Burks
Te - Knox, Henry, Smith
Taxi - Mingo, Musgrave, Palmer, Hutchinson

12 Team PPR Dynasty Superflex 1 QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex/1SuperFlex/1K/1Def
Qb - Burrow, Murray, Fields
Rb - Jacobs, Hall, Swift, Montgomery, Warren, Johnson, Bigsby
Wr - Addison, Olave, Flowers, McLaurin, Campbell, Osborn, Watkins
Te - Engram, Musgrave
Taxi - Tillman, Ross, Strong, Metchie

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: James Robinson Value?

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:34 am

I don't think Robinson is necessarily a one and done. But for Team 2, I would move him if I were getting a comparable RB and an additional useful asset. It's a tough move to make though, moving an RB (who likely won't command an overpay) to try and better your RB group, without giving up an asset elsewhere.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:36 am

I think Robinson is the guy again next year based on all the holes on Jacksonvilles team. Why focus on RB when a good one is already on your team? Mid 1st value for me if the right player is there when the pick is otc.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 am

I think the worst case scenario for Robinson is they draft a viable 3rd down toy and he loses some touches. However, the game script should be much more in his favor with a viable QB under center
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:27 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 am I think the worst case scenario for Robinson is they draft a viable 3rd down toy and he loses some touches. However, the game script should be much more in his favor with a viable QB under center
This is not worst case. Worst case is they use a draft pick on a back who either beats him out or puts him in a timeshare. Or he gets an offseason/early season injury and loses his job. These things can happen to any back, but especially one they dont have much committment to financially.

While I think he will be the early down guy in Jax for 2021, he will not be getting 20-25 touches per game like he did this year. If you are a contender, I'd hang tight and try to win. You need depth and mixon/monty aren't without risk. If you wont compete this year I'd be looking to sell at peak value.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:12 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:27 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 am I think the worst case scenario for Robinson is they draft a viable 3rd down toy and he loses some touches. However, the game script should be much more in his favor with a viable QB under center
This is not worst case. Worst case is they use a draft pick on a back who either beats him out or puts him in a timeshare. Or he gets an offseason/early season injury and loses his job. These things can happen to any back, but especially one they dont have much committment to financially.

While I think he will be the early down guy in Jax for 2021, he will not be getting 20-25 touches per game like he did this year. If you are a contender, I'd hang tight and try to win. You need depth and mixon/monty aren't without risk. If you wont compete this year I'd be looking to sell at peak value.
This is fair, I guess from my perspective they have so many other pressing needs that I doubt they spend draft capitol on somebody to push a cheap, young player who played very well.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:19 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:12 pm
CGW wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:27 pm

This is fair, I guess from my perspective they have so many other pressing needs that I doubt they spend draft capitol on somebody to push a cheap, young player who played very well.
I agree, that is what they should do. But they will bring in help on some manner. Even teams with elite RBs are leaning more and more to RBBC, which will only be magnified when we have 17 game seasons.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm

With that team, I'd try to package a QB (Goff, Cousins or whatever) with Robinson for a top tier QB and a good side piece with upside, whether RB or WR. That said, in a 2RB league (even if 10 teams), I wouldn't be tripping over myself to sell JRob.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:17 pm

Consider where Jax will likely pick...
1. Lawrence
33. Highly unlikely to be used on RB
Mid 60s. Again, highly unlikely
Around 100. This is the first real opportunity they'd draft a RB. Needs in a lot of positions make it 50/50 at best, imo.
Any pick after this of course, has a chance but realistically is unlikely to unseat Robinson if he's playing anywhere close to what he did this year.
FA is the more likely add of a back but most organizations have figured out that it's not worth paying the big$$ in free agency.

So while it's probable that Robinson loses a little work to a new face, it also seems likely the team rolls with him as the lead man again in 2021. And honestly, if you watched him play, why wouldn't you?

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:16 pm

Big buck just put it into great visual terms to understand. I myself don't think they draft a RB to compete with his workload, but the real threat is much, much more likely for them to sign a veteran, such as Marlon Mack, Gurley, Brian Hill, Gallman, etc. So many of those mid/low tier RBs are free agents this year that one is bound to sign with cap-abundant Jax.
12Team .5ppr/1PPR TEs 1Q/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FL/SF
QB- Hurts, Howell, O'Connell, Lance, Trubisky, Mariota
RB- Bijan, Breece, Javonte, Warren, Spears, Dillon, Herbert
WR- Puka, St.B, Olave, DSmith, Pickens, Addison, Wicks, EMoore, Mooney, Claypool, Gallup, Kirk, Bateman, JMeyers, Gage
TE- LaPorta, Pitts, Everett

12Tm .5PPR SF (1pprTE) 22/23 Champs
Start12
QB-Burrow, Hurts, Stroud, Howell
RB-Walker, Kamara, Warren, KMitchell, Pierce, Dillon, CEH
WR-Jefferson, AJB, Pittman, DSmith, Cooper, JMeyers, Dotson, Shaheed, Palmer, Dortch
TE-Friermuth, Thomas

12T 6PPTD SF PPR (1.5TE) *start12
Q- Hurts, Dak, TLaw, Huntley
R- Walker, Ekeler, AJones, KMitchell, Allgeier, Herbert
W- Puka, St.B, GWilson, Jeudy, Diontae, MikeWill, Douglas, Dotson, Mims, Thielan, Woods
T- LaPorta, Engram, Everett, Bellinger
*2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 4.1

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:08 am

I'm not buying it. J Robinson is the man there. He was 3rd in the league in rushing as a rookie before missing the final 2 games of the season. He also had the 6th most catches at RB. (with 3 of the guys ahead of him scat backs Edmonds, McKissic, and Hines)

Jax has 5 Rbs on the roster for 2021 already. Albeit Chris Thompson will be off their books, but bringing in a M Mack or Gurley or whoever to just play 2nd fiddle, for the amount you would have to pay to sign them just to sit behind Robinson makes no sense. Doesn't seem like a move someone as smart as Urban Meyer would make.

Trading for a RB this time of the year is always a big risk. I remember this time last year the ? was where is K Drake gonna go because AZ was on the books for 15mil David Johnson dollars or if D Henry was going to get a contract or not or if Dalvin was going to be replaced in Minn, etc etc. So while there is risk, it's also the cheapest possible time to acquire a Rb like Robinson.
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:04 pm

lilpuppy99 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:08 am I'm not buying it. J Robinson is the man there. He was 3rd in the league in rushing as a rookie before missing the final 2 games of the season. He also had the 6th most catches at RB. (with 3 of the guys ahead of him scat backs Edmonds, McKissic, and Hines)

Jax has 5 Rbs on the roster for 2021 already. Albeit Chris Thompson will be off their books, but bringing in a M Mack or Gurley or whoever to just play 2nd fiddle, for the amount you would have to pay to sign them just to sit behind Robinson makes no sense. Doesn't seem like a move someone as smart as Urban Meyer would make.

Trading for a RB this time of the year is always a big risk. I remember this time last year the ? was where is K Drake gonna go because AZ was on the books for 15mil David Johnson dollars or if D Henry was going to get a contract or not or if Dalvin was going to be replaced in Minn, etc etc. So while there is risk, it's also the cheapest possible time to acquire a Rb like Robinson.
Couldn't agree more. I can't see why they'd move on from him so quickly after the year he had. Too many holes elsewhere to use and early pick on a running back so at best, they may sign some vet help? Or what about Armstead? Haven't heard much on him since Oct.

L.Washington
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby L.Washington » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:47 pm

bigbuck22 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:17 pm Consider where Jax will likely pick...
1. Lawrence
Around 100. This is the first real opportunity they'd draft a RB. Needs in a lot of positions make it 50/50 at best, imo.
Any pick after this of course, has a chance but realistically is unlikely to unseat Robinson if he's playing anywhere close to what he did this year.
FA is the more likely add of a back but most organizations have figured out that it's not worth paying the big$$ in free agency.

So while it's probable that Robinson loses a little work to a new face, it also seems likely the team rolls with him as the lead man again in 2021. And honestly, if you watched him play, why wouldn't you?
Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but they also have pick 25 (from the Rams) and pick 45 (from the Vikings) as well as 1, 33, and 65 so they've got a few more bites at the apple if they want to go RB. I don't think they will, but anything is possible.
12 tm SF .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX, SF
QB - J. Fields, Dak, Russ, Love
RB - ETN, D. Cook, D. Swift, B. Robinson, R. Penny, K. Miller, G. Edwards
WR - G. Wilson, T. Higgins, JSN, D. Samuel, DJM, G. Davis, R. Moore, W. Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Schultz, Irv, C. Kmet, Everett
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:36 am

L.Washington wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:47 pm
bigbuck22 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:17 pm Consider where Jax will likely pick...
1. Lawrence

Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but they also have pick 25 (from the Rams) and pick 45 (from the Vikings) as well as 1, 33, and 65 so they've got a few more bites at the apple if they want to go RB. I don't think they will, but anything is possible.
Good catch! I overlooked the fact that they have a couple extra early picks. Imo, it would still be wise for them to build elsewhere but I suppose it increases the chances a RB could be chosen in the first half of the draft.