The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Deshaun Watson's new deal

Postby mild » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Looooool.

I was reading one thing, and my brain was telling me another. Apologies all.

I'm gonna go start the DeAndre Hopkins new deal thread now :lol:

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:02 am

He appears to be on his way out of Houston. Seeing reports of him for Tua. Huge upgrade for everyone but Tua and Fuller I believe.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:11 am

dark_knite03 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:02 am He appears to be on his way out of Houston. Seeing reports of him for Tua. Huge upgrade for everyone but Tua and Fuller I believe.
I'd swap the word "report" with "rumor". I don't see that happening. Tua did great his rookie year and he's cheaper for the next 3-4 years.

I could see a Garoppolo/Draft pick trade for Watson.... or that my be my Niner fandom talking.... :D
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:10 am

I doubt Watson goes anywhere. If I'm a GM taking over a team in shambles I'm not shipping out Watson as well... At least it would take a lot to get him.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:27 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:10 am I doubt Watson goes anywhere. If I'm a GM taking over a team in shambles I'm not shipping out Watson as well... At least it would take a lot to get him.
Logic can be that you have no cap space or assets. Move Watson, you can get a talented you QB on rookie contract plus draft capital. GM has lots of leeway given he’s brand new and the Owner created the mess. If Watson truly pushes to get out, there are worse deals to be had.

I’m not saying it will happen, as there is a lot that goes into that type of thing we have no visibility to, but just that there are components to it that a new GM may be open to as a means to achieve his overall vision.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:31 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:27 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:10 am I doubt Watson goes anywhere. If I'm a GM taking over a team in shambles I'm not shipping out Watson as well... At least it would take a lot to get him.
Logic can be that you have no cap space or assets. Move Watson, you can get a talented you QB on rookie contract plus draft capital. GM has lots of leeway given he’s brand new and the Owner created the mess. If Watson truly pushes to get out, there are worse deals to be had.

I’m not saying it will happen, as there is a lot that goes into that type of thing we have no visibility to, but just that there are components to it that a new GM may be open to as a means to achieve his overall vision.
It's true, everyone has a price. Just don't see it happening peesonally. Regardless, the team is in trouble for a while

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:02 pm

I agree I wouldn't try to move Watson, but they seem to have really pissed him off in their hiring process for a new HC. I would rather *give the man what he wants* than trade him, but I would rather trade him than pay for him to sit on the sideline/make life difficult.

What a debacle Houston is... Why they allegedly refuse to even consider KC's OC - at their star QB's request - as a candidate boggles my mind. Even if Watson didn't ask for the man, he has a pretty solid case to at least be interviewed.

I hope Houston ends up getting peanuts for Watson
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm

Likey to happen or not, I'd like to see Watson traded to Miami. It would be refreshing to have the Patriots nebula I both the Bills and Dolphins after so many years of owning that division.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm Likey to happen or not, I'd like to see Watson traded to Miami. It would be refreshing to have the Patriots nebula I both the Bills and Dolphins after so many years of owning that division.
...and...and...and the Jets too!! :cry: :cry: :boohoo:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:01 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:26 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm Likey to happen or not, I'd like to see Watson traded to Miami. It would be refreshing to have the Patriots nebula I both the Bills and Dolphins after so many years of owning that division.
At least you get Trev... Oh wait... :boohoo:

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:07 pm

One step at a time, Jets fans. Ha.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Seeing as how the Texans are bottom 10 in cap space, I don't see how they could trade Watson and his 60 million dead cap hit and even field a team next season. They are already 20 million over next year's cap projections.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:01 pm
At least you get Trev... Oh wait... :boohoo:
Oh... oh dang........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet he doesn't go anywhere, but it's fun to dream.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Texans should probably trade Watt while they're at it too.

A Miami/Houston trade makes sense. Houston frees up their cap, gets picks to rebuild. Miami gets the franchise QB who they can manage a cap better around than Houston can.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm

This would make me very very happy, and there has been precedence of a similar trade:

Texans give: Watson
Niners give: Jimmy G/2021 2nd