Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:43 am

hoos89 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:38 am So now that JT's ADP is THREE can I trade him straight up for Saquon or Adams or add like a nominal amount to get CMC or Kamara?
If you want? Lol I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying he's way overvalued and you prefer Barkley?

Barkley is great and all, I love the talent with both though. JT is in a better situation though and not coming off a serious injury. Barkley had a way better rookie year for sure but are you confident in making that swap? I'd probably just stick with JT.

I'd have no issue if someone sold JT for any of the names you mentioned but you'd have to add for CMC or Kanata and is that worth it? Also Adams is fantastic but RB are really hard to come by.

JT is awesome and 3 seems pretty high, pretty fast but I look after him and don't see anyone I clearly want over him

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Yarnith wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:05 am I am happily sitting on both. The first 3/4 of the year I was getting nervous on JT but things clicked and he finally looked the part. I am still concerned on his longterm value. Not on talent but just usage since college. The numbers there are still insane but durability and career length are issues for future me.
College carries never mattered for the greats and probably is more a positive indicator, not a negative imo. AP, LT, Faulk, Sanders were all heavily used in college.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:24 pm

maxhyde wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 pm
Yarnith wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:05 am I am happily sitting on both. The first 3/4 of the year I was getting nervous on JT but things clicked and he finally looked the part. I am still concerned on his longterm value. Not on talent but just usage since college. The numbers there are still insane but durability and career length are issues for future me.
College carries never mattered for the greats and probably is more a positive indicator, not a negative imo. AP, LT, Faulk, Sanders were all heavily used in college.
Since you mention it lets context that Marshall Faulk 766 carries in 3 years, AP 728 in 3 years, Barry Sanders 523 carries 3years, LT 943 carries in 4 years. That is heavy usage LT had the highest total. He averaged 236 carries a year. Johnathon Taylor? 926 carries in 3 years that 309 a year. Honestly it is an incredible number that I only mention because when you look at what you think was heavy usage historically JT blows that away by 30%.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:27 am

So durability is a negative trait for a RB? Seriously, I don’t get some of you guys. What’s next? That he carries the ball too much and his hands will get too smooth and he’ll start fumbling too much? That he’s run for too many yards and his feet will wear out soon?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is... Jonathan Taylor

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:15 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:24 amCue Foreigner 🎶I've been waiting🎶
Nothing says “I’m old” like referencing the 5th best song/2nd best power ballad by the 3rd best 70s-80s pop/arena rock band.
Get off my lawn!
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:27 am So durability is a negative trait for a RB? Seriously, I don’t get some of you guys. What’s next? That he carries the ball too much and his hands will get too smooth and he’ll start fumbling too much? That he’s run for too many yards and his feet will wear out soon?
This was my issue with using lack of college workload as a plus for guys namely Josh Jacob's. Slippery slope argument i know but the main progression from lack of workload is a plus into too large a workload as a negative is a very short step.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:39 am

I haven't posted much this year but read through this entire thread from the start and it was a fun read. As much as I hate to say it I gotta side with cruelest on this one. I mean of course he's gonna troll but is that worse than saying, "oh those times I was wrong I was just lying to everyone for my own gain." I owned Ballage in several places and even inquired about him when he looked to start. Just own it.

I was going to go Swift all offseason with the 1.1, but then landing spots made me re-evaluate and I took Taylor. Opposite of what some have said, I thought Taylor had the safer skillset. Caught some flack when CEH went off week 1, but the proof is in the pudding. Drafted Swift in another league where he fell to the third of those three. Happy with that too.

In the vein of Dumb and Dumber when they say, "I dont think he's gonna get that message, I mean the guys got worms in his living room."

"I mean the guys got CRUELest ranter in his name" whadya expect?

How's Cordarrelle Patterson as a RB working out there, cruelest? Shocked the bears have an actual rb playing rb, super weird
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:26 am

_yeti wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:39 am I haven't posted much this year but read through this entire thread from the start and it was a fun read. As much as I hate to say it I gotta side with cruelest on this one. I mean of course he's gonna troll but is that worse than saying, "oh those times I was wrong I was just lying to everyone for my own gain." I owned Ballage in several places and even inquired about him when he looked to start. Just own it.

I was going to go Swift all offseason with the 1.1, but then landing spots made me re-evaluate and I took Taylor. Opposite of what some have said, I thought Taylor had the safer skillset. Caught some flack when CEH went off week 1, but the proof is in the pudding. Drafted Swift in another league where he fell to the third of those three. Happy with that too.

In the vein of Dumb and Dumber when they say, "I dont think he's gonna get that message, I mean the guys got worms in his living room."

How's Cordarrelle Patterson as a RB working out there, cruelest? Shocked the bears have an actual rb playing rb, super weird
lol I’m happy you enjoyed reading this. Were you the guy who lost his mind when somebody asked why Cordarrelle Patterson didn’t convert to RB, said it would never happen, and then furiously backpedalled when Belichick started him at RB? That was a hilarious self-own. I miss that thread.

It’s actually been fun to see Patterson turn into a heady special teams ace- the play he made against GB last week to induce and out-of-bounds on the kickoff penalty was one of my favorites on the season and earlier in his career I never would have thought Patterson would make plays like that.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:29 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:37 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:27 am So durability is a negative trait for a RB? Seriously, I don’t get some of you guys. What’s next? That he carries the ball too much and his hands will get too smooth and he’ll start fumbling too much? That he’s run for too many yards and his feet will wear out soon?
This was my issue with using lack of college workload as a plus for guys namely Josh Jacob's. Slippery slope argument i know but the main progression from lack of workload is a plus into too large a workload as a negative is a very short step.
This is a good point. What we know in general is that getting a ton of work in college is a good thing. It was a red flag for Jacob, as you said, and it should have assured people about Taylor.

All RBs get injured and eventually wear down. There doesn’t appear to be any evidence that college workload is predictive of NFL injuries.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:34 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:26 am
_yeti wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:39 am I haven't posted much this year but read through this entire thread from the start and it was a fun read. As much as I hate to say it I gotta side with cruelest on this one. I mean of course he's gonna troll but is that worse than saying, "oh those times I was wrong I was just lying to everyone for my own gain." I owned Ballage in several places and even inquired about him when he looked to start. Just own it.

lol I’m happy you enjoyed reading this. Were you the guy who lost his mind when somebody asked why Cordarrelle Patterson didn’t convert to RB, said it would never happen, and then furiously backpedalled when Belichick started him at RB? That was a hilarious self-own. I miss that thread.

It’s actually been fun to see Patterson turn into a heady special teams ace- the play he made against GB last week to induce and out-of-bounds on the kickoff penalty was one of my favorites on the season and earlier in his career I never would have thought Patterson would make plays like that.
Close. I said he couldn't be an RB in the NFL because of between the tackle running when a guy said that he should switch to RB. Then when he had played there briefly and put up a few stats you trolled your heart out as if that proved me wrong, which is like saying because Taysom Hill runs in TDs he should be a RB in the NFL. Then you keep insisting you were right, or I backpedalled, or it was a self own. That's the reason I brought it up, you're an annoying troll but you were right on this thread. You two were made for each other, one brags, one trolls, endless content

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:44 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:26 am It’s actually been fun to see Patterson turn into a heady special teams ace- the play he made against GB last week to induce and out-of-bounds on the kickoff penalty was one of my favorites on the season and earlier in his career I never would have thought Patterson would make plays like that.
Kind of like seeing Pacman just turn into Adam Jones and become a reliable corner. Sometimes you learn to put down the garbage bag full of ones. Wonder if Haskins will do the same or just flame out

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 am

I get it the amount of carries, hits and general abuse RB's sustain over a career has zero effect on how long they can play the position. That is why RB's normally play at a high level well into their 30's. We all know heavy usage is never a problem for the position much less historically high usage. Totally ignore it as I am sure it will have no effect on him playing for 20 more years.

Honestly if you have no concerns at all that he may peak and fade at a higher rate than the average you are just bad at math. Its not like I am saying he peaks now and fades into retirement after only 4 year a career. I am saying his peak may be closer to 24 than 27 and you should watch it if you own him. Its just pragmatic facts based on how Running Backs careers go. I don't get the pushback over the application of proper caution where it is clearly warranted. Its pure head in the sand ignorance.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:43 am

Yarnith wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 am
I get it the amount of carries, hits and general abuse RB's sustain over a career has zero effect on how long they can play the position. That is why RB's normally play at a high level well into their 30's. We all know heavy usage is never a problem for the position much less historically high usage. Totally ignore it as I am sure it will have no effect on him playing for 20 more years.

Honestly if you have no concerns at all that he may peak and fade at a higher rate than the average you are just bad at math. Its not like I am saying he peaks now and fades into retirement after only 4 year a career. I am saying his peak may be closer to 24 than 27 and you should watch it if you own him. Its just pragmatic facts based on how Running Backs careers go. I don't get the pushback over the application of proper caution where it is clearly warranted. Its pure head in the sand ignorance.
Hard agree. Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart splitting work all those years really extended their careers! Adrian Peterson, Curtis Martin, Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber were workhorses so they all fell off in their 20's.

Or.. RBs are people, and people break down at different rates based on their life choices and genetics?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 am

Carries they get when they’re 18 against smaller less athletic college defenders when their bodies can rebound quicker are not the same as nfl carries when they’re older and their bodies rebound slower. What on earth are you guys talking about.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:06 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 am Carries they get when they’re 18 against smaller less athletic college defenders when their bodies can rebound quicker are not the same as nfl carries when they’re older and their bodies rebound slower. What on earth are you guys talking about.
Running back carries are incredibly overrated indicators of a RB's lifespan.

# of injuries (especially lower body injuries) is much more indicative.